AIIMS Counselling 2018 Date and Process: For Admission into MBBS, BDS degree courses. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) conducted the counselling process in the month of July.
AIIMS Counselling 2018:
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) conducted AIIMS UG Entrance exam in the month of May, this year it was held on May, 2018 and result publish on Tuesday, June, 2018. The proposed counseling schedule to be held at AIIMS, New Delhi.
AIIMS Counselling Dates 2018:
The Counseling for allocation of all seven AIIMS for admission to MBBS course will be held at AIIMS, New Delhi. Details of the schedule will be intimated in the counseling letters which will be uploaded on website www.aiimsexams.org. However the tentative schedule is as follows.
|First Counseling Date:||July 2018|
|Second Counseling Date:||August 2018|
|Third Counseling Date:||September 2018|
|Fourth Counseling Date:||September 2018|
AIIMS Counselling Call Letter 2018:
In each category i.e. UR, OBC, SC & ST, the total no. of candidate to be called for counseling will be 4 times the number. of seats available in each category.
All reserved category candidates who qualify in the open (general) merit list ( 4 times of the open category seats i.e. up to rank number 1348 ) shall necessarily attend the counseling for open category seats. If he/she is not present or if present, fails to or refuses to take a seat in open category, he/she shall not be allowed for attending the counseling for reserved seats.
Those candidates from reserved category, who qualify & are allotted seats in open merit and wish to change his/her choice of institute under respective reserved category, will be required to participate in counseling for seats in these categories.
AIIMS Counselling Process 2018:
The following process will be adopted for counseling for all 7 AIIMS.
- a.In the counseling process, the seats to be filled by open (UR) competition would be filled up first, wherein the candidates would be called for counseling based on merit alone irrespective of whether they belong to UR, SC, ST or OBC.
- Next, reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC candidates will be counseled to fill up the seats earmarked for them in their respective categories. During this process, if a candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC who had taken admission under open competition, opts for other institution of his/her choice for which he or she would be eligible as per the rules of reservation, the seat vacated by him or her in open (UR) competition shall be filled with a candidate from the same reservation category only, in order of merit.
- The process of counseling adopted by AIIMS, New Delhi is in line of Hon’ble Supreme Court’s Judgment in case of Samta Aandolan Samiti & Anr. Vs. Union of India & Ors.
AIIMS Counselling Seat Allotment 2018:
The following are the allocated seats in various AIIMS for Indian Nationals.
|Name of Institution||Total seats||UR||OBC||SC||ST|
|AIIMS, New Delhi||100||50||27||15||8|
AIIMS Counselling Documents 2018
You are required to bring the following DOCUMENTS IN ORIGINAL at time of counselling:
- Admit Card issued by AIIMS
- Rank letter issued by AIIMS
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate as a proof of date of Birth
- Certificate & Mark-sheet of Secondary Class mentioning DOB/Certificate
- Marks Sheet of Sr. Secondary Class (12th Class)
You should also bring the following certificates, if applicable in your case:
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority (in the format as specified in the prospectus) in English or Hindi language. Sub caste should be clearly mentioned in the certificate.
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority. The OBC Certificate should be valid for Central Government Institutions/Jobs. (OBC candidates belonging to the Creamy Layer shall not be eligible for reserved seats). The OBC certificate must being the format as mentioned in the Prospectus.
- Orthopedic Physical Disability Certificate issued by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Boards. PH certificate issued by any other Authority / Hospital will NOT be entertained.
AIIMS Second Counselling 2018:
The 2nd Round of counselling for MBBS and BDS is for the allotment of vacant seats available after the 1st Round of counselling, and for the change of Institute allotted in the 1st round of counselling. The AIIMS Second Counselling 2018 suppose to start from 3rd August 2018.
candidates have to furnish original Certificates and documents that were produced during the 1st round of Counselling. Candidates who have been allotted seats in the 1st round of counselling must bring the certificate of depositing documents during the 2nd round of counselling.
Eligibility for AIIMS Second Counselling 2018:
- The candidates who appear before the counselling committee in the 1st round of counselling on being called on their turn for the allotment of seats will be eligible for the 2nd round of counselling.
- All the remaining candidates who could not be called by the counselling committee after the last rank on which the seat was allotted in the 1st round of counselling, after the allotment of all available seats by the counselling committee is over, will be deemed present and will be eligible for further rounds of counseling
AIIMS Third Counselling 2018:
The 3rd round of counselling is for the allotment of vacant seats available after the 2nd round of counselling to candidates in order of selection merit.
Eligibility for 3rd round counselling
- Candidates who appeared before the counselling committee in the 2nd round of counselling on being called on their turn for the allotment of seats will be eligible for the 3rd round of counselling.
- All the remaining candidates who could not be called by the counselling committee after the last rank on which the seat was allotted in the 2nd round of counselling, after the allotment of all available seats by the counselling committee is over, will be deemed present and will be eligible for the 3rd round of counseling.
AIIMS Open Counselling 2018:
All the candidates in the selection merit with qualifying marks in the entrance examination (i.e. UR/OBC 50%, OBC 45% and SC/ST 40%) will be eligible for allotment of vacant seat/s, if any. In the Open round of counselling, however, no change of Institution will be permitted.
AIIMS Help Line
For enquiries relating to Entrance Examination please contact:
Assistant Controller (Exams)
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi -110 608
Tel: 26589900, 26588500 Extn. 4499, 6421, 6422
Fax: 011 2658 8789