Diploma and Post-Doctoral Courses in Modern Medicine 2022 Admission in India. Many medical colleges allow candidates to get admission for Post-graduate Degree/ Diploma and Post-Doctoral courses in Modern Medicine.
Diploma and Post-Doctoral Courses in Modern Medicine
- The postgraduate curriculum shall be competency-based; a modular approach to the course curriculum is essential for achieving a systematic exposure to the various sub-specialities concerned with a discipline.
- The training of PG students shall involve learning experience derived from the needs of the community. It shall, therefore, be necessary to expose the students to community-based activities.
The goal of Postgraduate Medical Education
The goal of postgraduate medical education shall be to produce competent specialists and/or Medical teachers,
- Who shall recognize the health needs of the community, and carry out professional obligations ethically and in keeping with the objectives of the national health policy.
- Who shall have mastered most of the competencies, pertaining to the speciality that is required to be practiced at the secondary and the tertiary levels of the health care delivery system?
- Who shall be aware of the contemporary advances and developments in the discipline concerned;
- Who shall have acquired a spirit of scientific inquiry and is oriented to the principles of research methodology and epidemiology; and
- Who shall have acquired the basic skills in the teaching of the medical and paramedical professionals.
Major Curriculum components
The major components of the postgraduate curriculum shall be:
- Theoretical knowledge.
- Practical and clinical skills.
- Attitudes including communication skills
- Thesis skills
- Training in research methodology.
The nomenclature of postgraduate/postdoctoral medical courses shall be as follows:-
- D.M. (DOCTOR OF MEDICINE) in: Cardiology, Endocrinology, Medical Gastroenterology, Nephrology, and Neurology
- M.Ch. (MASTER OF CHIRURGIE) in: Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery, Urology, Neurosurgery, Paediatric Surgery, Plastic Surgery
- M.D. (DOCTOR OF MEDICINE) in: Anesthesiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology Venereology and Leprosy, General Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Microbiology, Pathology, Paediatrics, Pharmacology, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Physiology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, Tropical Medicine, and, Tuberculosis & Respiratory Medicine.
- M.S. (MASTER OF SURGERY) in: Otorhinolaryngology, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Obstetrics & Gynecology
- DIPLOMA in: Anesthesiology (D.A.), Clinical Pathology (D.C.P.), Dermatology Venereology and Leprosy (DDVL), Forensic Medicine (D.F.M.), Obstetrics & Gynaecology (D.G.O.), Ophthalmology (D.O.), Orthopedics (D.Ortho.), Otorhinolaryngology (D.L.O.), Paediatrics (D.C.H.) Psychiatry (D.P.M.), Public Health (D.P.H.), Radio-diagnosis (D.M.R.D.), Radiotherapy (D.M.R.T.)., Tropical Medicine & Health (D.T.M. & H.), Tuberculosis & Chest Diseases (D.T.C.D.), Industrial Health ( D.I.H.), Maternity & Child Welfare ( D. M. C. W.)
- Students for postgraduate courses shall be selected strictly on the basis of their merit, as determined by a competitive test conducted by the respective authority on the basis of merit as determined by a centralized competitive test held at the national level.
Entrance in India
- WBPGMAT 2022 – West Bengal Post Graduate Degree and Diploma CoursesLatest Topics: