Current Affairs Quiz : April 16 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on April 16 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Sixteenth April 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : April 16 2017” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz April 16 2017
Current Affairs Quiz : April 16 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : April 16 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently PM Narendra Modi felicitated the family members of 16 freedom fighters who were martyred during the Rebellion in 1817?
A. Paika Rebellion
B. Koya Rebellion
C. Ramapa Rebellion
D. Santhal Rebellion
Answer: A – Paika Rebellion – Explanation –On April 16, 2017 Prime Minister Narendra Modi was in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. He felicitated the family members of 16 freedom fighters who were martyred during the Paika Rebellion in 1817.
2. Recently Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced to set up virtual museums at how many places in the country to display the valour and remember the contribution of tribal communities?
A. 75 places in the country
B. 50 places in the country
C. 65 places in the country
D. 70 places in the country
Answer: B – 50 places in the country – Explanation – On April 16, 2017 Prime Minister Narendra Modi was in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. He felicitated the family members of 16 freedom fighters who were martyred during the Paika Rebellion in 1817. During the time Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced to set up virtual museums at 50 places in the country to display the valour and remember the contribution of tribal communities during India’s struggle for Independence.
3. Recently BRICS special envoys on Middle-East meet held in
A. Moscow, Russia
B. Beijing, China
C. Vishakhapatnam, India
D. Durban, South Africa
Answer: C – Vishakhapatnam, India – Explanation – Special Envoys of five BRICS member states who specializes on West Asian Affairs held a quiet meeting in Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh away from the public glare on 11th & 12th April to asses current situation in the volatile region after use of chemical weapons in Syria and US retaliatory strike on the Syrian air base.
4. Recently Google launches Areo, a food delivery and home service app for
Answer: D –India – Explanation – Google seems to have silently launched a new food delivery and home services aggregator called Areo for the India market. The app is available as a free download on the Google Play store and is currently operational in Bengaluru and Mumbai.
5. Recently which former Bihar minister died in Patna?
A. Krishna Singh
B. Narsingh Baitha
C. Deep Narayan Singh
D. Jagannath Mishra
Answer: B –Narsingh Baitha – Explanation – Former Bihar minister Narsingh Baitha died in Patna after prolonged illness. He was 100 years old and is survived by a son and five daughter. Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar has announced that this cremation would take place with state honour.
6. Recently which state has become the first state to launch a special awareness drive to ensure that transgender in the state registered as voters in large number?
A. Tamil Nadu
Answer: C –Maharashtra – Explanation –Maharashtra will be the first state to launch a special awareness drive to ensure that transgenders in the state register as voters in greater numbers. The state branch of the Election Commission of India (ECI) will launch the drive on April 15, celebrated as Third Gender Day.
7. Recently NASA finds evidence of Hydrothermal Vents on __________ moon Enceladus.
A. Saturn’s moon
B. Neptune’s moon
C. Uranus’s moon
D. Jupiter’s moon
Answer: A –Saturn’s moon – Explanation – NASA researchers first realized in 2005 that Saturn’s moon Enceladus has liquid water under its surface, they were stunned. NASA made the next big announcement about this promising place: The Cassini team found evidence of hydrothermal vents on Enceladus’s ocean floor, which they document in a new study in Science.
8. Emma morano who is an Italian women and the last survivor of the 19th century died at the age of
Answer: A –110 – Explanation – ROME, Italy — Emma Morano, an Italian woman believed to have been the oldest person alive and the last survivor of the 19th century, died on 15th April, 2017 at the age of 117, Italian media reported. Morano, born on November 29 1899, died at her home in Verbania, in northern Italy, the reports said.
9. Mark Wainberg, who passed away on April 11, 2017, was pioneer in:
A. HIV Research
B. Developing Super Computer
C. Plastic Surgery
D. None of the above
Answer: A –HIV Research – Explanation – Mark Wainberg was the head of AIDS research at the Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research at the Jewish General Hospital, Director of the McGill University AIDS Centre, and Professor of Medicine and of Microbiology and Immunology.
10. According to the UN-Water Global Analysis and Assessment of Sanitation and Drinking Water (GLASS) 2017 report published by World Health Organization (WHO), how many people in the world are using contaminated source of drinking water?
A. 3 billion people
B. 4 billion people
C. 2 billion people
D. 1 billion people
Answer: C –2 billion people – Explanation – The Global Analysis and Assessment of Sanitation and Drinking-Water (GLAAS) is a UN-Water initiative implemented by WHO. The objective of GLAAS is to provide policy- and decision-makers at all levels with a reliable, easily accessible, comprehensive and global analysis of the investments and enabling environment to make informed decisions for sanitation, drinking-water and hygiene. With 2.4 billion people living without access to improved sanitation facilities, and nearly 700 million people not receiving their drinking-water from improved water sources, GLAAS highlighted where efforts stagnated, and excelled,
11. Recently which bollywood superstar was honoured with a tribute at the ongoing 60th San Francisco International Film Festival (SFIFF) in USA?
A. Salman Khan
B. Shahrukh Khan
C. Amitabh Bachhan
D. Amir Khan
Answer: B –Shahrukh Khan – Explanation – Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has honoured at 60th San Francisco International Film Festival (SFILM) on April 14 at the Castro Theater in the US.
12. Recently which online portal has been launched by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) that allows Insurance companies to register and sell policies through online mode?
Answer: B –Isnp.irda.gov.in – Explanation – The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has launched a web portal for insurers that will allow them to register and sell policies online. The portal — isnp.irda.gov.in — is also open to intermediaries in insurance business, Irdai said in a circular. Last month, IRDAI had issued guidelines on e-commerce for insurance sector.
13. Recently which firm has got RBI’s approval to raise the foreign shareholding to 49 percent from the existing limit of 30 percent?
B. Grasim Industries
C. Raymond Ltd.
D. Bombay Dyeing
Answer: B –Grasim Industries – Explanation – The Reserve Bank has allowed Aditya Birla Group firm Grasim Industries to raise the foreign shareholding to 49 per cent from the existing limit of 30 per cent. RBI has notified that foreign institutional Investors/foreign portfolio investors can now invest from 30 per cent to 49 per cent of the paid-up capital of Grasim Industries Ltd under the portfolio investment scheme (PIS), the company said in a BSE filing.
14. Recently which company launched India’s first industrial-articulated robot, the TAL Brabo?
A. TVS motors
B. Tata Motors
C. Mahindra & Mahindra
D. Ashok Leyland
Answer: B –Tata Motors – Explanation – TAL Manufacturing Solutions, a subsidiary of Tata Motors Ltd. has launched its much-awaited TAL Brabo robot in two variants, with payloads of 2 kilos and 10 kilos, priced between INR 5 – 7 lakhs. Indigenously developed, the TAL Brabo isa ‘Made in India’ solution, developed to cater tomicro, small and medium enterprises, as well as for large scale manufacturers who require cost competitive automated solutions in manufacturing.
15. Recently who among the following won Asian Billiards Championship title?
A. Pankaj Advani
B. Mitesh Parkar
C. Sourav Kothari
D. Arindam Biswas
Answer: A –Pankaj Advani – Explanation –Ace Indian cueist Pankaj Advani won his 11th World Billiards (150-Up format) Championships title by beating Peter Gilchrist of Singapore in the summit. Advani beat multiple world champion Gilchrist by six games to three in a gripping final contest to wrap up his 16th world title overall.