This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on August 01 2016. All the recent incidents which were held on First August 2016 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : August 01 2016” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : August 01 2016 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : August 01 2016. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently which state government signed a MoU with NTPC, NHPC for established first Hydro Engineering College in India?
- A. Himachal Pradesh
- B. Andhra Pradesh
- C. Odisha
- D. Jharkhand
Ans:- A – Himachal Pradesh – Explanation – Government of Himachal Pradesh, National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and National Hydel Power Corporation signed an MoU to established first hydro engineering in Bilaspur to boost regional development.
2. Recently Union Government has sanctioned how many rupees to Uttar Pradesh for drought assistance?
- A. 700 crore
- B. 620 crore
- C. 800 crore
- D. 750 crore
Ans:- B – Rs. 620 crore – Explanation – This year state was affected by intence drought over 10 districts in the state has been declared as drought hit; also the state was reeling under pressure to deal the water crisis in the various parts of the state.
3. Recently which state government selects Infinbeam for e-com training and development programme?
- A. Rajasthan
- B. Himachal Pradesh
- C. Gujarat
- D. Uttar Pradesh
Ans:- C – Gujarat – Explanation – Gujarat’s Centre for Entrepreneurship development (CED) has selected the Ahmedabad based e-commerce major Infibeam as knowledge partner for its e-commerce training and development programme.
4. Recently railway Minister Suresh Prabhu laid foundation stone for which station at Yurembam, Manipur?
- A. Jiribam Railway Station
- B. Monipur Bagan railway Station
- C. Wadrengdisa Railway Station
- D. Imphal Railway Station
Ans:- D – Imphal railway Station – Explanation – Suresh Prabhu in presence of Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh laid the foundation stone of new railway station nat Yurembam in Manipur.
5. Recently which minister of Union Government inaugurated European Union Film festival at New Delhi?
- A. Rajyavaedhan Rathore
- B. Arun Jaitley
- C. Venkaiah Naidu
- D. Raj Nath Singh
Ans:- A – Rajyavaedhan Rathore – Explanation – Minister of State for Information & Broadcasting Col. Rajyavardhan rathore inaugurated the European Union Film festival at Siri Fort Audition, New Delhi.
6. Recently 3rd India Education Fair began in which country of the world?
- A. Sri Lanka
- B. Dhaka
- C. Nepal
- D. Bhutan
Ans:- B – Dhaka – Explanation – the two day long 3rd India Education Fair has kicked off in Dhaka that is staged participants with over premier Indian education institutions including schools, colleges, and technical institutes.
7. Recently who was appointed as new Chief Secretary of Gujarat?
- A. Anil Mukim
- B. B. Swain
- C. J.N. Singh
- D. Sanjay Prasad
Ans:- C – Dr. J.N. Singh – Explanation – Gujarat Government has appointed Dr. J.N. Singh, a 1983 batch IAS officer, as new Chief Secretary of the state. Dr. Singh is currently Additional Chief Secretary (Finance) and officiating as Managing Director of Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation.
8. Recently which telecom company provided Wi-Fi connectivity to all Government colleges in Puducherry?
- A. Vodafone
- B. Airtel
- C. Aircel
- D. Reliance Jio
Ans:- D – Reliance Jio – Explanation – Reliance Jio Company will provide Wi-Fi connectivity to all Government Colleges in Punducherry under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme.
9. Recently which rank India has placed in the Pathetic Global Stunted Growth Children list?
- A. 2nd
- B. 1st
- C. 3rd
- D. 5th
Ans:- B – 1st – Explanation – With a whooping population of 48 million children, India became the destination of largest number of stunted – malnutrition children in world in terms of volume of the living population. This pathetic face is revealed by the international charity organization called Water Aid.
10. Recently launched the book ‘’ Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’’ who wrote the book?
- JK Rowling
- A. Milne
- Alice Walker
- Alexandre Dumas
Ans:- A – JK Rowling – Explanation – Jk Rowling’s eighth Harry Potter story, ‘’Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’’ has been released in book stores across the globe. ‘’Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’’, a script rather than a narrative novel, is set 19 years after the seventh novel in the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – which came out back in 2007.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: August 01 2016
Do not forget to check the following topics