This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on August 05 2016. All the recent incidents which were held on Fifth August 2016 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : August 05 2016” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : August 05 2016 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : August 05 2016. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently who selected for Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award 2016?
- A. Subha Mudgal
- B. Mohd Yunus
- C. Lata Mangeskar
- D. Amjad Ali Khan
Ans:- A – Subha Mudgal – Explanation – Singer Shubha Mudgal has been selected for the prestigious the 23rd Rajiv Gandhi national Sadbhavana award 2016. She will be bestowed with this award for her outstanding contribution towards the promotion of communal harmony, peace and goodwill.
2. Recently the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved upgardation of how many existing Government Medical colleges?
- A. 15
- B. 13
- C. 20
- D. 25
Ans:- B – 13 – Explanation – The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 3 August 2016 approved upgradation of 13 existing Government Medical Colleges/Institutes (GMCIs) under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
3. Recently Aadhaar ________________ facility launched to digitize documents.
- A. e-Registered
- B. e-Documents
- C. e-Signature
- D. e-Facility
Ans:- C – e-Signature – Explanation – Online legal documentation startup Legal Desk. Com on 3rd August 2016 launched the electronic signing feature eSignDesk that allows people to sign documents digitally from places.
4. Who was the first Indian woman to join the International Olympic Committee?
- A. Roopa Kudva
- B. Indra Nooyi
- C. Preetha Reddy
- D. Nita Ambani
Ans:- D – Nita Ambani – Explanation – Noted sports promoter and founder chairperson of Reliance Foundation, Nita Ambani was elected as an individual member of International Olympic Committee (IOC) on 4 August 2016. She was elected by IOC members at the 129th Session of the world body in Rio de Janeiro.
5. Recently Nimesh Kampani resigned as Managing Director from which company?
- A. JM Financial Ltd
- B. Life Insurance of India
- C. Bajaj Financial Ltd
- D. AB Financial Ltd
Ans:- A – JM Financial Ltd – Explanation – Nimesh Kampani on 3 August 2016 resigned as the Managing Director of JM Financial Ltd with effect from 30 September 2016. However, Kampani will continue to be the Non-Executive Chairman of the group and a director on the board of a few group companies at JM Financial.
6. Recently the first tech meet of Hydrocarbon vision 2030 starts on which city of Assam?
- A. Silchar
- B. Jorhat
- C. Guwahati
- D. Dibrugarh
Ans:- C – Guwahati – Explanation – The Two day long first technology meet under the targets of the ambitious Hydrocarbon Vision 2030 for Northeast India started in Guwahati Assam. The idea of the meeting mooted by the sub- committee of the upstream sector headed by ONGC and has members from upstream national oil players as well as private players.
7. Recently who has entered the Guinness World Record for longest distance limbo skating under the cars?
- A. Swaroop Gowda
- B. Swaroop Yadav
- C. Swaroop Mittal
- D. Swaroop Dutt
Ans:- A – Swaroop Gowda – Explanation – Om Swaroop Gowda, A 7 year’s old young lad from Karnataka has entered the Guinness World Record for longest distance limbo skating under the cars. With a equilateral distance between the cars and ground, the lad covered 65.283 metre, which is a World Record for time being.
8. Recently who was appointed as the Non – Executive director of Tata International Limited?
- A. Deepak Singhal
- B. Sudarshan Sen
- C. N S Vishwanathan
- D. Deepak Premnarayen
Ans:- D – Deepak Premnarayen – Explanation – The board of Tata International Limited, the global trading and Distribution Company, announced the appointment of Deepak Premnarayen as Non-Executive Director with effect from 1stAugust 2016.
9. Recently Infosys invested in Israeli firm Cloudyn $_______________.
- A. $ 10 million
- B. $ 4 million
- C. $ 8 million
- D. $ 12 million
Ans:- B – $ 4 million – Explanation – IT services major Infosys has invested $4 million in Cloudyn, an Israeli corporation, as it seeks to strengthen its cloud computing service offering, an area in which the majority of Indian export companies struggle.
10. Recently who appointed as the head of administrative reforms panel of Kerala?
- A. Neela Gangadharan
- B. CP Nair
- C. S. Achuthanandan
- D. K. Nayanar
Ans:- C – V.S. Achuthanandan – Explanation – Former Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan, who was in contention for the top political post in Kerala after the May 16 assembly elections, was appointed chairman of the Administrative Reforms Committee (ARC), a post carrying cabinet status. It is the first time that a former Chief Minister has been given the ARC post.
11. Named the portal which was RBI recently launched to check illegal money collection?
- A. Jagran
- B. Sachet
- C. Illegal
- D. Abayedh
Ans:- B – Sachet – Explanation – The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor, Raghuram Rajan, on 4th August 2016 launched Sachet portal, sachet.rbi.org.in, to check illegal money collection.
12. Recently in which state of India 3 Naxals were killed in encounter?
- A. West Bengal
- B. Odisha
- C. Chhattisgarh
- D. Jharkhand
Ans:- C – Chhattisgarh – Explantion – Three Naxals, including a woman, were on Friday killed in a fierce gun-battle with security personnel in a dense forest pocket in Chhattisgarh’s Dantewada district.
13. Recently Gujarat High Court quashed which percentage of reservation quota for the economically backward classes?
- A. 10%
- B. 20%
- C. 15%
- D. 8%
Ans:- A – 10% – Explanation – The Gujarat High court has quashed 10% reservation quota for the economically backward classes (ECBs). In this regard, the Court has declared The Gujarat Unreserved Economically Weaker Section (Reservation of Seats in Educational Institutions in the State and of Appointments and Posts in Services under the State) Ordinance, 2016 unconstitutional.
14. Recently International Olympic Committee agreed to add what numbers of sports in 2020 Tokyo Olympic?
- A. 6
- B. 5
- C. 2
- D. 3
Ans:- B – 5 – Explanation – The International Olympic Committee (IOC) on 3 August 2016 agreed to add five new sports to the progaramme for 2020 Tokyo Olympics. The sports to be added include Baseball/Softball, Karate, Skateboard, Climbing Sports and surfing in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
15. Recently Union Cabinet approved amendments in Central List of OBCs applicable to which two states of India?
- A. West Bengal & Assam
- B. Manipur & Nagaland
- C. Bihar & Jharkhand
- D. Andhra Pradesh & Telangana
Ans:- D – Andhra Pradesh & Telangana – Explanation – The Union Cabinet has given nod for making suitable amendments in the Central List of OBCs to Andhra Pradesh and Telangana upon recommendations by the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC). The amendment done by way of inclusion/correction/deletion of castes/communities applicable.
16. Recently which railway station bagged the first place in South Central Railway zone?
- A. Nellore Railway Station
- B. Vijayawada Railway Station
- C. Secunderabad Jn
- D. Guntakal Junction
Ans:- A – Nellore Railway Station – Explanation – Nellore Railway Station topped in cleanliness ranking in Vijayawada division and the Secunderabad based South Central Railway zone in implementing Swachh Bharat guidelines.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: August 05 2016
Do not forget to check the following topics