Current Affairs Quiz : August 25 2016 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on August 25 2016. All the recent incidents which were held on Twenty-five August 2016 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : August 25 2016” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz August 25 2016
Current Affairs Quiz : August 25 2016 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : August 25 2016. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently Union Cabinet approved introduction of Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, _____________.
Ans:- A – 2016 – Explanation – The Union cabinet has given its approval for introduction of the Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 to banning commercial surrogacy in country. The Bill will effective regulation of surrogacy, prohibit commercial surrogacy and allow ethical surrogacy to the needy infertile couples.
2. Recently which wrestler was named as Haryana’s brand ambassador for Beti Bachao Beti Padao campaign in Haryana?
A. Soma Biswas
B. Sunita Rani
C. Sakshi Malik
D. Renubala Chanu
Ans:- C – Sakshi Malik – Explanation – Wrestler Sakshi Malik was named as Haryana’s brand ambassador for Beti Bachao, Beti Padao campaign in Haryana. Sakshi Malik had won bronze medal in wrestling at 2016 Rio Olympics in the 58 kg category. She had created history by becoming first women from Indian to win Olympics medal in wrestling.
3. Recently Union Cabinet of India approved MoU with which country to established cooperation in Grassroots Innovation?
B. South Africa
Ans:- B – South Africa – Explanation – the Union cabinet has been apprised of the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding Innovation. The Mou was signed in pursuance to the Inter-Government Agreement between two countries for cooperation in Science & technology in July, 2016 at Pretoria, South Africa.
4. Recently Union Government of India approved for signing of Air Services Agreement between India and which country?
Ans:- D – Fiji – Explanation – the Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of new Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Fiji. The Agreement is for updation of the existing ASA between the two countries which was signed in January, 1974.
5. Recently Union Government of India and which country approved MoU for cooperation in field of Traditional Systems of Medicine?
Ans:- A – Myanmar – Explanation – The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Myanmar in the field of Traditional System of Medicine. Decision in this regard was taken by the Union Cabinet meeting chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
6. Recently Union Government launched Accessible E-Library ________________.
A. Aachal Pustakalaya
B. Sugamya Pustakalaya
C. Disha Pustakalaya
D. Darshan Pustakalaya
Ans:- B – Sugamya Pustakalaya – Explanation – The Union Government has launched Accessible E-Library ‘Sugamya Pustakalaya’ for Divyang under Prime Minister’s Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan. It was jointly launched by Union Ministers Ravi Shankar Prasad, Prakash Javadekar and Thawar Chand Gehlot at a function in New Delhi.
7. Recently who launched Akashvani Maitree channel for listeners in Bangladesh?
A. Mamata Banerjee
B. Narendra Modi
C. Pranab Mukherjee
D. Raj Nath Singh
Ans:- C – Pranab Mukherjee – Explanation – President Pranab Mukherjee launched Akashvani Maitree Channel and its multimedia website in Bengali language for listeners in West Bengal, Bangladesh and adjoining areas.
8. Recently Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) signed __________ US Dollar agreement with State Bank of India (SBI) and Development Bank of Singapore (DBS) for External Commercial Borrowing (ECB).
A. 500 Million
B. 450 Million
C. 300 Million
D. 400 Million
Ans:- D – 400 Million – Explanation – India’s premier container port, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) in Navi Mumbai has signed 400 Million US Dollar agreement with State Bank of India (SBI) and Development Bank of Singapore (DBS) for External Commercial Borrowing (ECB).
9. Recently which state inaugurated the first South India’s children court?
B. Tamil Nadu
Ans:- A – Telangana – Explanation – After Goa and Delhi, Telangana has become the third state to inaugurate south India’s first Children’s Court was inaugurated in Hyderabad. This court is a child friendly court and sixth in the country with features like separate waiting rooms for children and a video camera trial for the accused, mandated under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POSCO) Act-2012.
10. Recently which finance company tied up with India Post to facilitate two wheeler purchases?
A. Birla Global Finance Limited
B. Bajaj Finance
C. L & T Finance Limited
D. LIC Finance Limited
Ans:- B – Bajaj Finance – Explanation – Pune based motorcycle finance firm Bajaj Finance Limited has joined hands with India Post to facilitate purchase of vehicles in Karnataka. The Bajaj Finance inked a MoU with India Post and also announced special arrangement that allows potential buyers to get information on various 2-wheeler loan schemes.
11. Recently which Indian star entered the Forbes top 10 highest paid actress in the world?
A. Sonakshi Sinha
B. Katreena Kaif
C. Deepika Padukone
D. Anushka Sharma
Ans:- C – Deepika Padukone – Explanation – Forbes magazine ranked out the world’s highest paid actresses and Hunger games star Jennifer Lawrence has topped the list for the second time in a row. Indian star Deepika Padukone is also among the top 10 highest-paid actresses in the world.
12. Recently which trust bagged the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)’s healthcare excellence award for 2016?
A. Andhra Pradesh Aarogyasri Healthcare
B. Tamil Nadu Aarogyasri Healthcare
C. Jharkhand Telangana Aarogyasri Healthcare
D. Telangana Aarogyasri Healthcare
Ans:- D – Telengana Aarogyasri Healthcare – Explanation – The Telangana Aarogyasri Healthcare Trust bagged Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)’s healthcare excellence award for 2016. This is the second award for the application having secured the Elite Smart Healthcare Conclave for being the most important mobile app in the nation.
13. Recently which Late Iranian director selected for the Asian Filmmaker of the year award?
B. Esmail Koushan
C. Jafar Panahi
D. Majid Majidi
Ans:- A – Abbas Kiarostami – Explanation – Late Iranian director Abbas Kiarostami has been selected for the Asian Filmmaker of the Year Award at the Busan International Film Festival beginning October 6. Abbas Kiarostami was an Iranian film director, screenwriter, photographer and film producer.An active film-maker from 1970, Kiarostami had been involved in over forty films, includingshorts and documentaries.
14. Recently which bollywood actress joined Indian Psychiatric Society as its new brand ambassador?
A. Anushka Sharma
B. Deepika Padukone
C. Katreena Kaif
D. Sonakshi Sinha
Ans:- B – Deepika Padukone – Explanation –Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone, who herself battled depression, has joined hands with the Indian Psychiatric Society as its brand ambassador to spread awareness about mental health and help reduce the stigma associated with its ailments.
15. Recently which country launched first Tibetan-language search engine?
Ans:- C – China – Explanation – China has launched its first Tibetan-language search engine which will serve as a unified portal for all the Tibetan-language websites in China. The Search Engine named Yongzin is the first search engine of Tibetan language on the world, Yongzin means master or teacher in the Tibetan language.
16. Recently which state launched mobile app ‘’Kisan Suvidha’’ for farmers?
C. Uttar Pradesh
Ans:- D – Punjab – Explanation – Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal launched a mobile app, Kisan Suvidha (farmer’s service), in the state. The app developed by the Union government’s agriculture department will provide basic information on weather updates, crop prices and expert advice. The app is likely to have many takers as India is second largest Smartphone market in the world with 87 million mobile Internet users in rural areas.
17. Recently former Governor of Bihar, West Bengal and Haryana A R Kidwai was passed away, in that time he was the age of ___________ years old.
Ans:- A – 96 – Explanation – Former Governor of Bihar, West Bengal and Haryana, A R Kidwai passed away on August 24, 2016 in New Delhi. He was 96. Born on July 1, 1920, in Baragaon in UP. He started his career as a professor of Chemistry, and became Dean of Faculty of Science at Aligarh Muslim University.
18. Recently the Union cabinet approved a revised Double Tax Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income between India and which country?
Ans:- C – Cyprus – Explanation – Recently the Union cabinet approved a revised Double Tax Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to Taxes on Income between India and Cyprus. The revised DTAA provides for source based taxation of capital gains on transfer of shares instead of based on residence.