Current Affairs Quiz : December 09 2016 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on December 09 2016. All the recent incidents which were held on Nineth December 2016 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : December 09 2016” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : December 09 2016 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : December 09 2016. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently PETROTECH-2016 conference inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in which city of India?
B. New Delhi
Answer: – B – New Delhi – Explanation –PETROTECH-2016, the 12th International Oil & Gas Conference & Exhibition was held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi from December 4 to 7, 2016. The Petrotech 2016 main Conference was inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi at Vigyan Bhawan on December 5, 2016.
2. Recently India International Science Festival held in which city of India?
C. New Delhi
Answer:- C -New Delhi – Explanation – The 2016 Indian International Science festival (IISF) has started at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL) Campus in New Delhi. It was inaugurated by the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh. The theme of the science festival is ‘’Science for the masses’’.
3. Recently Hindi language has been listed in which position in the power language index ranking by the World Economic Forum (WEF)?
Answer: – A – 10th – Explanation –Hindi language has been listed at the 10th position in the PowerLanguage Index Ranking by The World Economic Forum (WEF). English was placed at the 1st position and Mandarin at 2nd position followed by French.
4. Recently US National Football Player Rashaan Salaam passed away, in that time he was the age of ____________ years old.
Answer: – C – 42 – Explanation – US National Football Player Rashaan Salaam found dead in Colorado, US on December 6, 2016. He was 42. Salaam has won the U.S. college football’s highest honor Heisman Trophy in 1994.
5. Recently astronaut John Glenn passed away, in that time he was the age of ___________ years old.
Answer:- D – 95 – Explanation – Former US aviator, astronaut John Glenn passed away in Columbus, Ohio, US. He was 95. He last surviving member of the Mercury Seven Mission. He was first American to orbit Earth and had circled three times earth in 1962 aboard friendship 7 space capsule.
6. Which day observed as the International Anti-Corruption Day?
A. 9th December
B. 8th December
C. 10th December
D. 7th December
Answer:- A – 9th December – Explanation – The International Anti-Corruption Day (IACD) is observed annually on December 9 to raise public awareness of corruption and what people can do fight it.
7. Recently which language announced the most powerful language in the world by World Economic Forum (WEF)?
Answer:- B – English – Explanation – The 2016 World Power Language Index (PLI) in the first week of December 2016 announced that English language is the most powerful language in the world. The index was published by World Economic forum (WEF).
8. Recently World Bank cancelled _____________ million loans for Pakistan.
A. $ 90
B. $ 150
C. $ 400
D. $ 100
Answer:- D – $ 100 – Explanation – The international financial institution, World Bank has cancelled a $ 100 million loan to Pakistan that was meant to be for a natural gas efficiency project. The loan was cancelled, as the gas distribution company that was responsible for the project, failed to make any progress in achieving its developmental objectives and showed very less interest in the project overall.
9. Recently which Indian E-commerce company launched toll free number 180018001234 for transactions without internet connection?
D. Google wallet
Answer: – B – Paytm – Explanation – Indian e-commerce website Paytm launched its toll-free number 180018001234 to enable transaction through mobile phones without an internet connection on December 7, 2016. Customers can use basic mobile phones to transact money using this service, before that they need to register with Paytm their mobile number and set a four digit paytm PIN.
10. Recently how many banks joined the National Financial Switch network as direct members?
Answer:- C – 100 – Explanation –100 banks have joined the National Financial Switch (NFS) network as direct members established ATM networks, now NFS network comprise of 745 members said by Maharashtra based National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) on December 7, 2016.
11. Recently which online marketing platform has tied up withIndia Post, State Bank of India for Wider Payment Option?
D. Mahila E-haat
Answer:- D – Mahila-E-haat – Explanation – The Women and Child Development Ministry has tied up with India Post and State Bank of India to offer more payment options to buyers and simplify shipping of products bought from “Mahila E-haat”.
12. Recently which two banks awarded with 4th SMEs Excellence Award-2016?
A. Vijaya Bank & Corporation Bank
B. Syndicate Bank & IndusInd Bank
C. Bank of India & Baroda Bank
D. Union Bank of India & United Bank of India
Answer:- A – Vijaya Bank & Corporation Bank – Explanation –Vijaya Bank has been honored with ‘Best Bank for SME Lending award’ at the fourth SMEs Excellence Award function held in New Delhi. The Best MSME Bank Award 2016 was given to The Corporation Bank by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM).
13. Recently who appointed as the new Prime Minister of French?
A. Francois Hollande
B. Bernard Cazeneuve
C. Manuel Valls
D. Bruno Le Roux
Answer: – B – Bernard Cazeneuve – Explanation – The French president, Francois Hollande, has named Bernard Cazeneuve as the new prime minister of France until a presidential election next May. Cazeneuve, who was interior minister, will replace Manuel Valls, who resigned on December 6, 2016, in a bid to become France’s next president.
14. Recently which Spain international footballer announced his retirement from all kinds’ football?
A. Daniel Guiza
B. Alvaro Negredo
C. Alvaro Dominguez Soto
D. Victor Valdes
Answer: – C – Alvaro Dominguez Soto – Explanation – Former Spain international footballer Alvaro Dominguez Soto announced his retirement due to health problems on December 7, 2016. 27 year old Dominguez has started his career in 2007. He played mainly a central defender but also as a left back.
15. Recently which women hockey team won the Junior World Cup 2016?
Answer: – B – Argentina – Explanation –Argentina women’s hockey team defeated Netherlands women’s team to win the women’s Hockey Junior World Cup 2016 in Santiago, Chile. For the first time Argentina team win the gold medal in 23 years.