Current Affairs Quiz : December 22 2016 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on December 22 2016. All the recent incidents which were held on Twentytwo December 2016 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : December 22 2016” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz December 22 2016
Current Affairs Quiz : December 22 2016 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : December 22 2016. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently which Tamil poet’s statue inaugurated at Mela Bhawan premises in Haridwar, Uttarakhand?
D. Perumal Rasu
Answer: – A – Thiruvalluvar – Explanation – The 12-foot-tallstone statue of renowned Tamil poet and philosopher-saint Thiruvalluvar was inaugurated at Mela Bhawan premises in Haridwar, Uttarakhand by Chief minister Harish Rawat on December 19, 2016.
2. Recently world confluence of humanity, power and spirituality held in which city of India?
C. New Delhi
Answer: – C – New Delhi – Explanation – The ninth edition of World Confluence of Humanity, Power and Spirituality, organised by ASSOCHAM in association with Srei Foundation and Times Foundation was held in New Delhi from December 16- December 17, 2016.
3. Recently Union Government revises North East Industrial and Investment Promotion Policy (NEIIP), ___________________.
Answer: – B – 2007 – Explanation – The Government has revised North East Industrial and Investment Promotion Policy (NEIIP), 2007 to stipulate mandatory disbursal of subsidies to all industrial units in northeast through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mechanism by Chief Controller of Accounts (Industry).
4. Recently veteran Malayalam actor Jagannatha Varma passed away, in that time he was the age of ________________ years old.
Answer: – C – 77 – Explanation – Veteran Malayalam Film and Television actor K N Jagannatha Varma passed away at Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala on December 20, 2016. He was 77. Varma was well known for his Malayalam films in 1978 with ‘Mattoly‘and had acted memorable roles in over 500 films.
5. Which day observed as National Mathematics Day?
A. December 22
B. December 21
C. December 19
D. December 20
Answer: – A – December 22 – Explanation – The National Mathematics Day is observed every year on 22nd December to celebrated birth anniversary of great Indian autodidact Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan. This year, it is 129th birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan.
6. Recently National Green Tribunal has ordered to impose fine Rs. ____________ on airlines emptying human waste from their planes empty in air.
Answer: – B – Rs. 50,000 – Explanation – The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has ordered to impose a fine of 50,000 rupees on airlines whose aircraft empty toilet tanks in air while landing and splattering human waste on houses near airports.
7. Recently former Bihar minister S P Tarun passed away, in that time he was the age of ____________ years old.
Answer: – C – 88 – Explanation – Former Bihar Education Minister and veteran Congress leader Surendra Prasad Tarun passed away after prolonged illness. He was 88. He is a two time former MLA from Atri in Gaya and Hilsa in Nalanda district.
8. Recently which state government announced Aerospace and Defence Policy 2016?
Answer: – D – Gujarat – Explanation – Gujarat Government on 21st December 2016 announced Aerospace and Defence Policy 2016. The policy was announced with an aim to attract investment into fields of aerospace and defence design, development and manufacturing in the state.
9. Recently India signed open skies agreement with how many countries at International Civil Aviation Negotiations (ICAN), 2016?
Answer: – C – Six – Explanation – India has signed an Open Skies Agreement with six countries at the International Civil AviationNegotiations (ICAN), 2016 which were held in Nassau,Bahamas from December 5-9, 2016. Open Skies Agreement was signed with Jamaica, Guyana, Czech Republic, Finland, Spain and Sri Lanka to allows unlimited number of flights to six metro airports namely Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Chennai.
10. Recently which free instant messaging service launched world’s first chat operating system?
D. Yahoo! Messenger
Answer: – A – Flock – Explanation – A free instant messaging service for work and business environments, Flockhas launched world’s first chat operating system”FlockOS” by Bhavin Turakhia, Flock CEO on December 20, 2016. Developers can build apps by using Flock OS that provide a tightly integrated experience by using widgets.
11. Recently which country commissioned its first 7-tonne helicopter?
B. United States
Answer: – D – China – Explanation –China on December 20, 2016, commissioned its first 7-tonne helicopter, to mark a new development in the China’s helicopter industry, the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC). The new Chinese AC352 civil helicopter is a multi-purpose twin-engine helicopter with a 7.5-tonne maximum take-off weight, and is capable of carrying up to 16 passengers.
12. Recently researchers found a huge ‘’Dead Zone’’ in which sea?
A. Bay of Bengal
B. Indian Ocean
C. Pacific Ocean
D. Arabian Sea
Answer: – A – Bay of Bengal – Explanation – A 60,000 square kilometres‘Dead Zone’ was founded in the Bay of Bengal by Researchers from the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research’s National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) in Goa.
13. Recently United Kingdom and which country signed a deal to identify soldiers buried on Falkland Islands?
Answer: – C – Argentina – Explanation – The United Kingdom and Argentina have signed a deal to identify 123 Argentine soldiers who died in the 1982 Falkland island conflict and buried on the islands. The agreement was negotiated by the International Committee of the Red Cross.
14. Recently which country’s government nationalized ‘’PrivateBank’’ as its largest private bank?
D. United States
Answer: – C – Ukraine – Explanation –PrivateBank,Ukraine’s largest private bank was nationalized by the Government of Ukraine on December 18, after being declared insolvent by the National Bank of Ukraine.
15. Recently which ministry won gold in the Web Ratna category in the Digital India awards 2016?
A. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
B. Ministry of Home Affairs
C. Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs
D. Ministry of Finance
Answer: – A – Ministry of Health and Family Welfare – Explanation – The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare lead by Jagat Prakash Nadda has won gold in the Web Ratna category in the Digital India awards 2016. Jitendra Arora, Director, e-Governance, at the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare received the award from the Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology and Law & Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad.