Current Affairs Quiz : December 23 2016 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on December 23 2016. All the recent incidents which were held on Twentythree December 2016 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : December 23 2016” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz December 23 2016
Current Affairs Quiz : December 23 2016 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : December 23 2016. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently union Government decided to launch a toll free number to reports call drops, what is the number?
Answer: – A – 1955 – Explanation – The Union government has decided to launch a toll-free number ‘1955’ in order to take a feedback from the telecom subscribers on call drop issue. The code has been allotted for Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) on call drops.
2. Recently Union Government launched which portal to facilitate flexibility in utilization of domestic coal?
A. Coal Saathi
B. Coal Bandhu
C. Coal Mitra
D. Coal Sakha
Answer:- C – Coal Mitra – Explanation – The Union Ministry of Coal has launched Coal Mitra, a web portal for allowing flexibility in utilization of domestic Coal. It was launched by Union Minister of State for power, coal, New & Renewable energy and Mines Piyush Goyal in New Delhi.
3. Recently Union Cabinet approved ordinance to amend payment of wages act______________.
Answer:- B – 1936 – Explanation – The present law states that all the payment of wages should be made in cash with a provision of taking written permission from the employees to pay them either by cheque, or by crediting the wages to his or her bank account.
4. Recently North Eastern institute of ayurveda and homoeopathy inaugurated in which state of India?
Answer:- D – Meghalaya – Explanation – The Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik on 22nd December 2016 formally inaugurated the North Eastern institute of Ayurveda and Homoeopathy (NEIAH) in Shillong, Meghalaya.
5. Recently which country’s government unveiled Bill of Right?
Answer:- B – Iran – Explanation –President of Iran,Hassan Rouhani on December 19, 2016, unveiled a landmark bill of rights, guaranteeing freedom of speech, protest, fair trials and privacy for the citizens of the nation.
6. Recently Russian ambassadorto TurkeyAndrei Gennadyevich Karlov shot dead in Ankara, in that time he was the age of ____________ years old.
Answer: – A – 62 – Explanation – Russia’s ambassador to Turkey, Andrei Gennadyevich Karlov, was shot dead in front of a crowd at a posh art gallery exhibition in Ankara, Turkey on December 19, 2016. He was 62.
7. Recently which country invited business from India?
Answer:- B – Kyrgyzstan – Explanation – Kyrgyzstan President Almazbek Atambayey has invited Indian businesses to invest in the Central Asian country which can act as a gateway to region. He also promised protection to those investing in Kyrgyzstan. Kyrgyzstan is a small country but is the key to gate of Central Asia.
8. Recently which country launched TanSat satellite to monitor global carbon emissions?
Answer:- C – China – Explanation – China on 22nd December 2016 launched TanSat satellite, a global carbon dioxide monitoring satellite, to understand the climate change. This 620-kg satellite was put into orbit by Long March-2D rocket from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in northwest China’s Gobi Desert.
9. Recently which Indian company became the first Indian company to support FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017?
A. United Bank of India
B. Bank of Baroda
C. Union Bank of India
D. Syndicate Bank
Answer: – B – Bank of Baroda – Explanation – Bank of Baroda has become the first Indian company to sign up as a National Supporter for the FIFAU-17 World Cup India 2017, which will be held from 6 to 28 October 2017. This will be the first time that India will be hosting FIFA international football competition.
10. Recently BRICKS Bank approved _______________ million loans for Shanghai Solar Power Project.
A. USD 75 million
B. USD 25 million
C. USD 35 million
D. USD 20 million
Answer: – A -USD 75 million – Explanation – The New Development Bank, jointly found by the BRICS countries approved USD 75 million (525 million yuan) loan for a solar power project in Shanghai, China on December 20, 2016. The power project ‘Shanghai Lingang Distributed Solar Power Project’ is being developed by Shanghai Lingang Hongbo New Energy Development Co.
11. Recently who won the kids golf world championship?
A. Arjun Bhati
B. Jim Collins
C. Tarun Reddy
D. Chris Dewar
Answer:- A – Arjun Bhati – Explanation – Arjun Bhati bagged the first position in the Kids Golf World Championship after defeating South Africas Methu Denish during the three-level final match in Malaysia.
12. Recently which country won the bronze at women’s U18 Hockey Asia Cup?
Answer:- C – India – Explanation – India on 22nd December 2016 defeated South Korea 3-0 to secure the bronze medal at the 4th Women’s U18 Asia Cup 2016 hockey tournament in Bangkok.
13. Recently which cricketer won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the year 2016?
A. Michael Yardy
B. Bryan Young
C. Salman Butt
D. Ravichandran Ashwin
Answer:- D – Ravichandran Ashwin – Explanation – Ravichandran Ashwin on 22nd December 2016 won the coveted Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy. Ashwin was chosen for the award after being adjudged the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test Cricketer of the year.
14. Recently who appointed as new Chief Secretary of Tamil Nadu?
A. Girija Vaidyanathan
B. Laxmi Vaidyanathan
C. Anjana Vaidyanathan
D. Swarasati Vaidyanathan
Answer: – A – Girija Vaidyanathan – Explanation – Senior IAS Officer Girija Vaidyanathan was appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Tamil Nadu. She replaces P. Rama Mohana Rao. She will also hold additional charge of vigilance commissioner and commissioner for administrative reforms.