Current Affairs Quiz : February 23 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on February 23 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Twentythree February 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : February 23 2017” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz February 23 2017
Current Affairs Quiz : February 23 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz : February 23 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. What capacity solar park scheme union cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi was approved recently?
A. 40,000 MW
B. 43,000 MW
C. 44,000 MW
D. 45,000 MW
Answer: A – 40,000 MW – Explanation – The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on February 22, 2017 gave certain approvals in New Delhi in various sectors for the overall development of India. The Union Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) Okayed revised norms for the Scheme for Development of Solar Parks and Ultra Mega Solar Power Projects with the production target enhancement to 40,000 MW from the present 20,000 MW.
2. What amount has been approved by the government of India for coastal security surveillance?
A. 750 crore
B. 800 crore
C. 850 crore
D. 950 crore
Answer: B – 800 crore – Explanation – Union Defence Ministry has approved 38 additional coastal radar stations with the cost of Rs 800 crore to enhance coastal surveillance on India’ over 7500 km long line.
3. Recently which state government presented the Budget2017-18?
Answer: C – Gujarat – Explanation – The BJP Administration in Gujarat presented a main stream budget with overall layout of Rs 1,72,179 crore for 2017-18, which is Rs 20,327 crore more than last year.
4. Recently in which state National Biodiversity Congress 2017 was held?
A. Tamil Nadu
C. Arunachal Pradesh
D. Andhra Pradesh
Answer: B – Kerala – Explanation – Third National Biodiversity Congress (NBC) 2017 held Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala on February 22, 2017. Its aim to identify practical evidence based case studies at regional level to support the plan of action.
5. Recently NASA has discovered how many new Earth size planets around a single star?
Answer: A – Seven – Explanation – NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope has revealed the first known system of seven Earth-size planets around a single star. Three of these planets are firmly located in the habitable zone, the area around the parent star where a rocky planet is most likely to have liquid water.
6. Recently government of India approved MoU between India and ______________________ for promotion and development of cooperation in civil aviation security.
B. South Korea
Answer: C – Australia – Explanation – The Union Cabinet has given its approval for signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Australia for promotion and development of cooperation in civil aviation security.
7. Recently China and which country holds first strategic dialogue in Beijing?
Answer: A – India – Explanation – India and China on 22 February 2017 held their first upgraded strategy dialogue in Beijing to sustain their bilateral ties. The talk happened amidst rising tensions between the two countries over Beijing’s reluctance to support India’s bid to join the Nuclear Suppliers Group and blocking UN ban on JeM chief Masood Azhar.
8. Russia’s UN envoy Vitaly Churkin was passes away at the age of-
Answer: C – 64 – Explanation – Russia’s ambassador to the United Nations, Vitaly Churkin has died in New York City. He was 64. Churkin has been Russia’s envoy at the United Nations for a little over a decade and was considered Moscow’s great champion at the UN.
9. Which country going to host 2019 combined World Cup for shooting?
Answer: A – India – Explanation – The National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) announced that India will be hosting the Combined World Cup for shooting in 2019 during the meeting held in New Delhi.
10. Recently India defeated which country to win ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2017?
A. South Africa
D. Sri Lanka
Answer: A – South Africa – Explanation – India on 21 February 2017 defeated South Africa by one run to win the ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2017 at the P. Sara Stadium, Sri Lanka. Set to chase 245, India had all but lost its way after a flurry of wickets. However, stand-in captain Harmanpreet Kaur kept her cool to score the nine runs required oI the last over from pace bowler Marcia Letsoala.
11. Which of the following organization introduces single page composite claim form?
Answer: A – EPFO – Explanation – Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), the retirement body of India introduced single page composite claim form that enable its subscribers to withdraw money from their PF account at an ease.
12. Which of the non-banking financial company launched Instant Microloan Facility?
A. Reliance Capital
B. Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd
C. L & T Finance
D. Sundaram Finance
Answer: B – Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd – Explanation – Hyderabad based non-banking finance company Microfinance institution Bharat Financial Inclusion Ltd launched an instant loan approval at a village near Bassi in Jaipur district, Rajasthan.
13. Name the CEO of FreeCharge who recently resigned from his post?
A. Govind Ranjan
B. Ramdas Athawale
C. Giriraj Singh
D. Deepak Gupta
Answer: A – Govind Ranjan – Explanation – The chief executive officer of Jasper Infotech-owned digital payments platform FreeCharge, Govind Rajan has submitted his resigned. It was accepted by the company on February 22, 2017.
14. Mehriban Aliyeva has been appointed which country’s First Vice President?
Answer: C – Azerbaijan – Explanation – Azerbaijan’s president Ilham Aliyev has named his wife Mehriban Aliyeva (52) as Azerbaijan’s first vice-president on February 21, 2017.
15. Which of the following company signs MoU with Greece’s Chipita for joint venture in India?
Answer: C – Britannia – Explanation – Bangalore based Indian food-products corporation Britannia has signed an MoU with Greece’s cakes and confectionery major Chipita for exploring certain business opportunities on February 22, 2017.