Current Affairs Quiz : July 08 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on July 08 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Eighth July 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : July 08 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz July 08 2017
Current Affairs Quiz : July 08 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :July082017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently ‘JIGYASA’ , a student- scientist connect programme was officially launched in which state?
B. New Delhi
Answer: B – New Delhi – Explanation: Jigyasa, a student- scientist connect programme was officially launched in the national capital New Delhi on 6th July 2017. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), has joined hands with Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) to implement this programme. The focus is on connecting school students and scientists so as to extend student’s classroom learning with that of a very well planned research laboratory based learning.
2. Recently Ms. Sumitra Mahajan speaker of the 16th Lok Sabha inaugurated the 4th National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovation in Public Health Care System at which city of Madhya Pradesh?
Answer: C – Indore – Explanation: On July 6, 2017, Ms Sumitra Mahajan, Speaker of the 16th Lok Sabha inaugurated the 4th National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Care Systems at Indore, Madhya Pradesh. Mr Faggan Singh Kulaste, Ms Anupriya Patel, Ministers of State for Health and Family Welfare and Mr Rustam Singh, Health Minister (MP), also graced the occasion.
3. Recently which state unveils new transport policy to ‘overhaul system’?
C. Tamil Nadu
Answer: A – Punjab – Explanation: Punjab cabinet on 6th july 2017 approved the new transport policy to streamline the issuance of permits and licenses across commercial and private transport vehicles. It also abolished the system of district transport officers (DTO) and restructuring the transport department.
4. Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju, piloted the ___________ Act replaces a 1982- vintage law.
A. Black Money (Undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets) and Imposition of Tax Act
B. Whistle Blowers Protection Act
C. Anti-Hijacking Act
D. Street Vendors Act
Answer: C – Anti – Hijacking Act – Explanation: India’s new law that ramps up punishment for hijacking and prescribes death penalty for hijackers who cause loss of life in an aircraft or on ground came into force on 6th July 2017. Parliament cleared the law in 2016 but it hadn’t come into force so far because the government hadn’t framed the rules. The new Anti-Hijacking Act replaces a 1982-vintage law that parliament was felt was far too weak and narrow. The new law has expanded the definition of a hijacking and covers offences against an aircraft or personnel even when it is on ground.
5. Recently the Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) & Parliamentary Affairs, Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that Garib Nawaz Skill Development Centers will be established in _______ districts.
Answer: A – 100 – Explanation: The Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) & Parliamentary Affairs, Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on 6th July said that Garib Nawaz Skill Development Centres will be established in 100 districts of the country which will effectively ensure employment oriented skill development of youth belonging to Minority communities.
6. As per UN International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Cyber-Security Index, India ranks ______ out of the 193 countries with a score of 0.683.
Answer: D – 23rd – Explanation: As per UN International Telecommunication Union (ITU),Cyber-Security Index, India ranks 23rd out of the 193 countries with a score of 0.683 . ITU is a specialized ICT agency under the United Nations that is responsible for allocation global radio spectrum and satellite orbits, along with developing technical network standards.
7. Recently which country successfully tests fires short-range ballistic missile ‘Nasr’?
Answer: B – Pakistan – Explanation: Pakistan has successfully undertaken a series of training launches and tests during the current week for validation of new technical parameters of ‘Nasr’ which is a short-range surface-to-surface ballistic missile system. The launch took place in Rawalpindi on July 5, 2017.
8. Recently which countries lawmakers passed a bill making ‘torture a crime’ under national law, after years of parliamentary haggling?
C. South Korea
Answer: B – Italy – Explanation: Italian lawmakers on 5th of July, 2017 finally passed a bill making torture a crime under national law, after years of parliamentary haggling.
9. Global Forgiveness Day observed on-
A. 7th July 2017
B. 6th July 2017
C. 5th July 2017
D. 4th July 2017
Answer: A – 7th July 2017 – Explanation: Global Forgiveness Day is observed on 7th July 2017. It is a day to forgive, and a day to be forgiven. It was created in 1994 by the Christian Embassy of Christ’s Ambassadors. The date has been moved from August 27th to July 7th.
10. Recently according to a report by BMI Research, Indian economy is expected to clock a real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth of ________ percent in this financial year.
Answer: A – 6.9% – Explanation: According to a report by BMI Research, Indian economy is expected to clock a real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth of 6.9% in this financial year. India’s growth is expected to pick up in coming quarters by overriding the negative effects from the demonetization drive in November 2016.
11. Recently Private life insurance company Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance, has tied up with which Bank for marketing bancassurance?
A. Bijaya Bank
B. Dhanlaxmi Bank
C. Dena Bank
D. Axis Bank
Answer: B – Dhanlaxmi Bank – Explanation: Private life insurance company Canara HSBC Oriental Bank of Commerce Life Insurance, has tied up with Dhanlaxmi Bank for marketing bancassurance on 7th July 2017.
12. As per a study presented by researchers at Centre for International Development (CID) at Harvard University, which country will be the base to the economic pole of global growth over the coming decade, remaining ahead of China?
Answer: C – India – Explanation: As per a study presented by researchers at Centre for International Development (CID) at Harvard University, India will be the base to the economic pole of global growth over the coming decade, remaining ahead of China. India to be base to economic pole of global growth – Harvard study. The study mentioned that India and Uganda top the list of the fastest growing economies to 2025, at 7.7% annually.
13. Recently According to the official figures released, India became the ______ largest foreign investor into the UK.
Answer: D – 4th – Explanation: According to the official figures released on 6th July, India became the fourth-largest foreign investor into the UK. It slipped one position from 3rd to 4th.The data was based on the number of projects set up by various countries in UK.
14. Recently Sanjiv Goenka, has been selected as the Chairman of the Board of Governors at-
B. IIT- Guwahati
D. IIT- Mumbai
Answer: A – IIT-Kharagpur – Explanation: Sanjiv Goenka, has been selected as the Chairman of the Board of Governors at IIT-Kharagpur. He will serve for three years.
15. Indian-origin man Guruswamy Jayraman awarded which countries highest civilian award?
Answer: C – Australia – Explanation: An Indian-origin man Guruswamy Jayraman was awarded Order of Australia for community work on 6th of July 2017. It is Australia’s highest civilian award. Guruswamy Jayraman is a resident of Glenwood who migrated from Delhi to Australia in 1991.