Current Affairs Quiz : July 17 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on July 17 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Seventeen July 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : July 17 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz July 17 2017
Current Affairs Quiz : July 17 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :July172017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. This is becomes India’s first railway station run by women?
B. Aravalli Road
Answer: A – Matunga – Explanation – In a bid to empower women, Central Railway has appointed all women staff at suburban Matunga railway station, thereby making it India’s first railway station run by women. A formal event to mark all women railway station will be held soon.
2. Recently the Government of India has launches ______________ training programme.
Answer: B – GST – Explanation – The government has launched a GST training programme to skill around two lakh youths in six months and to handle tax compliance issues like invoice making. The people would be trained under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY).
3. Name the Minister of State for External Affairs said the government has planning to launches one passport centre in every 50 km distance.
A. Anil Madhav Dave
B. Upendra Kushwaha
C. Kiren Rijiju
D. M J Akbar
Answer: D – M J Akbar – Explanation – According to the Minister of State for External Affairs M J Akbar said the government is working on a vision to set up one passport centre in every 50 km range in the country in future.
4. Recently at the age of _______________ former Sikkim Chief Minister Nar Bahadur Bhandari was died.
Answer: C – 77 – Explanation – Former three – term chief ministers of Sikkim, Nar Bahadur Bhandari died on July 16, 2017. He passed away at the age of 77.
5. Recently which country passes bill on defence cooperation with India?
Answer: A – US – Explanation – The US House of Representatives has passed a $621.5 bill on defence cooperation with India.
6. According to the Travel+Leisure report which Indian city has featured among top 15?
Answer: B – Udaipur – Explanation – Udaipur in Rajasthan has featured in the ‘The World’s Top 15 Cities’ list compiled by famous magazine ‘Travel + Leisure’ (T+L). The list has been topped by a Mexican City, San Miguel de Allende.
7. In country world’s first Saola breeding centre is being constructed?
Answer: C – Vietnam – Explanation – The world’s first centre is being constructed in Vietnam’s central region for breeding Saola. Saola, a critically endangered hoofed mammal is identified by two parallel horns with sharp ends, which can reach 51 centimetres in length and are found on both males and females.
8. Recently who has wins Victorian Open squash title?
A. Harinder Pal Sandhu
B. Rex Hedrick
C. Joshna Chinappa
D. Saurav Ghosal
Answer: A – Harinder Pal Sandhu – Explanation – India’s Harinder Pal Sandhu won a Victorian Open squash title, in Melbourne.
9. Recently who wins gold in 5000m race on the opening day of the National Inter-State Athletics Championships?
A. Arun Bhardwaj
B. Ashok Nath
C. Govindan Lakshmanan
D. Shivnath Singh
Answer: C – Govindan Lakshmanan – Explanation – Asian champion Govindan Lakshmanan has won a gold medal in men’s 5000m race on the opening day of the National Inter-State Athletics Championships.
10. Name the actress awarded the best actress award at IIFA Awards 2017.
A. Deepika Padukone
B. Alia Bhatt
D. Katrina Kaif
Answer: B – Alia Bhatt – Explanation – Alia Bhatt won the Best Actress Award for playing the role of a migrant girl trapped in a drug lord’s house in film ‘Udta Punjab’.
11. Who wins the best actor award at IIFA Awards 2017?
A. Shahid Kapoor
B. Ranbir Kapoor
C. Ranveer Singh
D. Amir Khan
Answer: A – Shahid Kapoor – Explanation – Shahid Kapoor won the Best Actor Award for playing Tommy Singh, a Punjabi rockstar struggling with a drug addiction in the film ‘Udta Punjab’.
12. Which film wins the best film awards at IIFA 2017?
Answer: C – Neerja – Explanation – ‘Neerja’ won the Best Film Award, while ‘Pink’ director Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury won the award for Best Director.
13. How many new members were appointed in CBEC?
Answer: A – Four – Explanation –The four new members a senior bureaucrat John Joseph and three other officials have been appointed as members in the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC).
14. Name the 18-years old ragpicker boy has been appoints as Srinagar’s civic ambassador.
A. Aurva Mehmood
B. Bandhavi Kham
C. Bilal Dar
D. Zahid Sheikh
Answer: C – Bilal Dar – Explanation – Bilal Dar an 18-year-old ragpicker has been appointed brand ambassador of the Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC) on 16th of July 2017.
15. What is the name of new Novel recently Unveils by Katie Price?
A. Heroes of the Frontier
B. Playing With Fire
C. Before the Fall
D. The Game
Answer: B – Playing With Fire – Explanation – Katie Price has disclosed the cover for her next novel “Playing With Fire“, which will be available later this year.
16. Who is the defence minister of India has released a book on Historic 2800 kms Expedition ‘Ganga avahan’?
A. Arun Jaitley
B. C.R. Chaudhary
C. Dr. Subhash Ramrao Bhamre
D. Anil Madhav Dave
Answer: A – Arun Jaitley – Explanation – Defence Minister Arun Jaitley has released a coffee table book on ‘Ganga Avahan’. It is a 2,800 km exploratory open-water swim expedition on the Ganga river.