Current Affairs Quiz : July 22 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on July 22 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Twentytwo July 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : July 22 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz July 22 2017
Current Affairs Quiz : July 22 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :July222017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently which state government order to reduce ‘education burden’ caps school bag weight?
Answer: A – Telangana – Explanation – According to the Government Order, the maximum weight of a school bag with textbooks and notebooks should not exceed 1.5 kg for Class I and II and 2 to 3 kg for Classes III to V.
2. Recently who launches Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana pension scheme with 8 per cent fixed rate?
A. M. Venkaiah Naidu
B. Arun Jaitley
C. Nitin Jairam Gadkari
D. Ramvilas Paswan
Answer: B – Arun Jaitley – Explanation – On July 21, 2017, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley formally launched Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY), a pension scheme exclusively for senior citizens (60 years and above) with 8% fixed rate of interest on their savings.
3. Recently which state assembly passes resolutions on renaming two airports?
B. Jammu & Kashmir
C. Uttar Pradesh
Answer: C – Uttar Pradesh – Explanation – The Uttar Pradesh Assembly has adopted two resolutions on re-naming the Kanpur and Bareilly airports after freedom fighter Ganesh Shanker Vidyarthi and as Nath Nagri respectively.
4. Recently who inaugurates the 200th anniversary celebrations of the Paika Rebellion of Odisha?
A. Narendra Modi
B. Naveen Patnaik
C. Hamid Ansari
D. Pranab Mukherjee
Answer: D – Pranab Mukherjee – Explanation – The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated the 200th anniversary celebrations of the Paika Rebellion of Odisha on 20th July 2017 in New Delhi.
5. Recently Chhattisgarh government targets planting how many saplings by end of August?
A. 8 crore
B. 7 crore
C. 6 crore
D. 5 crore
Answer: A – 8 crore – Explanation – The govenment of Chhattisgarh has targeted planting over 8crore saplings by the end of August this year. It has been announced on 20th July 2017.
6. The civil nuclear cooperation deal between India and ______________ comes into force.
Answer: B – Japan – Explanation – The civil nuclear cooperation deal between India and Japan that provides for collaboration between their industries in the field came into force on 20th July 2017.
7. Recently which country presents national review report on SDG implementation in UN?
B. Sri Lanka
Answer: A – India – Explanation – On July 19, 2017, India presented its ‘Voluntary National Review Report on Implementation of Sustainable Development Goals’ to the United Nations (UN). The report was presented by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Arvind Panagariya at the United Nations high-level political forum on ‘Sustainable Development in 2017’.
8. Who has delivers remarks at the launch of the World Health Report on the Global Tobacco Epidemic?
A. Larry Ellison
B. Charles Koch
C. Michael Bloomberg
D. Larry Page
Answer: C – Michael Bloomberg – Explanation – As per World Health Organization (WHO) Report on the Global Tobacco Epidemic, 2017, launched at the United Nations on July 19, 2017, several countries have implemented tobacco control policies, ranging from graphic pack warnings and advertising bans to no smoking areas.
9. Recently at the age of __________________ actor-song writer Red West was died.
Answer: D – 81 – Explanation – Red West, an Actor-song writer died at the age of 81 in USA on July 18, 2017. He was best known for his role as Red alongside Patrick Swayze in “Road House”, and a longtime friend and songwriting partner of Elvis Presley.
10. Who has hits unbeaten 171 runs that help India to reach into the final of ICC Women’s World Cup 2017?
A. Mithali Raj
B. Harmanpreet Kaur
C. Poonam Raut
D. Smriti Mandhana
Answer: B – Harmanpreet Kaur – Explanation – Indian women cricket team vice-captain Harmanpreet Kaur with her unbeaten knock of 171 of 115-balls helped India to storm into finals of the 2017 ICC Women’s World Cup of Cricket. To reach the finals of the world cup, India defeated the Australian women’s team by 36 runs at Derby in England on 20 July 2017.
11. Russia’s which city will host 2022 World short course Swimming Championships?
B. Saint Petersburg
Answer: A – Kazan – Explanation – Russia’s Kazan has been selected to host the 2022 World Short Course Swimming Championships.
12. Which bank has signs MoU with DGS & D for services to government’s e-marketplace?
A. State Bank of India
B. Bank of Baroda
C. Punjab National Bank
D. Allahabad Bank
Answer: B – Bank of Baroda – Explanation – Bank of Baroda has signed an agreement with Directorate General of Supplies & Disposal (DGS&D) on 21st of July 2017.
13. Who has releases National Trade Facilitation Action Plan?
A. Suresh Prabhu
B. Kalraj Mishra
C. Arun Jaitley
D. Ravi Shankar Prasad
Answer: C – Arun Jaitley – Explanation – On July 21, 2017, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley released the National Trade Facilitation Action Plan (NTFAP) and said WTO-Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) coming into force on February 22, 2017 was a major milestone for the global trading system. He also added that India looks forward to ensuring compliance with the TFA. The national action plan aims to transform cross border clearance ecosystem through efficient, transparent, risk based, coordinated, digital, seamless and technology driven procedures which are supported by state-of-the-art sea ports, airports and land borders.
14. Recently which country partner to DRDO for developing missile defence system for India?
Answer: A – Israel – Explanation – The Indian Army has signed a MoU with the Defence Research and Development Organisation ( DRDO) to raise one regiment of the advanced Medium Range Surface to Air Missiles ( MRSAM) .
15. Who has been appointed as Chairman of the UK India Business Council?
A. Lord Davies
B. David Mundell
C. Alun Cairns
D. James Brokenshire
Answer: A – Lord Davies – Explanation – Former minister Lord Davies is appointed as new chairman of the UK India Business Council (UKIBC).