This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on July 29 2016. All the recent incidents which were held on Twenty-Ninth July 2016 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : July 29 2016” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz July 29 2016 Question And Answers
1. Recently which department to use super computer to forecast monsoon based on dynamical model?
- A. Union Ministry of Earth Sciences
- B. Indian Meteorological Department
- C. National Environment Department
- D. National Weather Report Department
Ans:- B -Indian Meteorological Department – Explanation – The Union Ministry of Earth Science (MoES) has announced that India Meteorological Department (MID) will use supercomputer to forecast India’s annual summer monsoon. The forecast made by a supercomputer will be based on a dynamical monsoon model and will be operational from year 2017. This model will be used along with the present traditional ensemble model.
2. Which state aims to double farmer’s income in six years?
- A. Rajasthan
- B. West Bengal
- C. Uttar Pradesh
- D. Andhra Pradesh
Ans:- A – Rajasthan – Explanation – Rajasthan state government aiming raise the farmer’s income by double within six years, i.e. by 2022.
3. Which country to have the world’s largest Yazidi Temple?
- A. Iraq
- B. Iran
- C. Armenia
- D. Afghanistan
Ans:- C – Armenia – Explanation – A Yazidi temple is under construction in American village, is set to bet world largest Yazidi Temple is expected to be completed next year.
4. Recently which bank ties up to TATA AIG for travel insurance for its customers?
- A. United Bank of India
- B . Axis Bank
- C. Union Bank of India
- D. Bank of Baroda
Ans:- B – Axis Bank – Explanation – Tata AIG General Insurance has launched an integrated travel product, for all Axis Bank customers through the bank’s one stop solution called ‘Happy Holidays Package’. The ‘Happy Holidays Package’ offers multiple travel benefits to go globe surfers such as Multi- Currency Forex Card and can be utilized up to 16 currencies.
5. Named the elephant who to be part of Guinness World Record as oldest elephant alive?
- A. Laxmi
- B. Rani
- C. Dakshayani
- D. Madhubanti
Ans:- C – Dakshyani – Explanation – Dakshayani, 86 years old female Elephant from Kerala all set to enter the Guinness World Records as the oldest living elephant.
6. Recently which cricketer has to be inducted into ICC Hall of fame?
- A. Muttiah Muralitharan
- B. Sorav Ganguly
- C. Sachin Tendulkar
- D. Kevin Pietersen
Ans:- A – Muttiah Muralitharan – Explanation – Sri Lankan spin legend Muttiah Muralitharan has been officially inducted into the ICC Hall of fame. He becomes the first Sri Lankan player to be inducted. The Sri Lankan was named by ICC along with three other cricketing legends viz two from Australia and one from England.
7. Recently Mahasweta Devi passed away, she belongs to which profession?
- A. Singer
- B. Doctor
- C. Teacher
- D. Writer
Ans:- D – Writer – Explanation – Mahasweta Devi, a colossal figure in Bengali literature and a respect social activist, passed away on 28th July 2016 at Kolkata. She was 90. In a literary career spanning over half a century, she wrote over 120 books.
8. James Alan McPherson passed away, he belongs to which profession?
- A. Doctor
- B. Writer
- C. Actor
- D. Teacher
Ans:- B – Writer – Explanation – American author James Alan McPherson passed away on 27th July 2016 in Iowa City, U.S. He was 72. McPherson was the first black author to receive the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1978.
9. Recently who wrote ‘The Diary of a Lutyens ‘Princess’?
- A. Vikram Seth
- B. Amitav Ghosh
- C. Bindu Dalmia
- D. Chetan Bhagat
Ans:- C – Bihdu Dalmia – Explanation – The Diary of a Lutyens’ Princes; Author: Bindu Dalmia. The patriarchal structure, where men are in authority over women in all aspects of society, has sadly been predominant in India for years.
10. Named the committee which was Union Government formed for timely implementation of Central schemes?
- A. Disha
- B. Unyoti
- C. Samajik
- D. Sangjjog
Ans:- A – Disha – Explanation – Union Government on 28th July 2016 announced the formation of District Development Coordination and Monitoring Committee (DDCMC) that will be kown as ‘Disha’. First meeting of ‘Disha’ will be held on 13th August 2016.
11. Recently Union Cabinet clears changes to GST Bill, drop_______% additional tax on inter- state sales?
- A. 2%
- B. 1%
- C. 3%
- D. 4%
Ans:- B – 1% – Explanation – The Union Cabinet on 27th July 2016 cleared changes to the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Constitutional Amendment Bill. The changes include dropping 1 percent manufacturing tax and providing guarantee to compensate states for any revenue loss in the first five years of rollout of the proposed indirect tax regime.
Do not forget to check the following topics
Be the first to leave a review.