Current Affairs Quiz : July 31 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on July 31 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Thirtyone July 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : July 31 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz July 31 2017
Current Affairs Quiz : July 31 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :July312017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Which city’s metro first to become 100 per cent green?
A. Delhi Metro
B. Mumbai Metro
C. Kolkata Metro
D. Lucknow Metro
Answer: A – Delhi Metro – Explanation – Delhi Metro is the first Metro system to become completely green in the world announced on 28th of July 2017.
2. Recently which state launches “Apni Gaddi Apni Rozgar” scheme?
A. Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B – Punjab – Explanation – The Punjab government has announced the launch of its flagship ‘Apni Gaddi Apna Rozgar’ scheme by flagging off over 100 uber MOTO bikes.
3. Recently which court strikes out immediate arrests in dowry cases?
A. Session Court
B. District Court
C. High Court
D. Supreme Court
Answer: D – Supreme Court – Explanation – Supreme Court strike out immediate arrests in dowry harassment cases was ruled out on 27th of July 2017.
4. Recently which ministry releases Operational Guidelines for Family Participatory Care?
A. Ministry of Finance
B. Ministry of Home
C. Ministry of Health
D. Ministry of Rural Development
Answer: C – Ministry of Health – Explanation – Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has released Operational Guidelines for Planning and Implementation of Family Participatory Care (FPC). These guidelines are aimed at improving newborn health.
5. Recently which state government signs MoU with Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics?
D. West Bengal
Answer: A – Punjab – Explanation – The Punjab government has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND) on 28th of July 2017. The MoU was signed on the occasion of World Hepatitis Day.
6. Which day is observed as World Day Against Trafficking?
A. 30 July 2017
B. 31 July 2017
C. 29 July 2017
D. 28 July 2017
Answer: A – 30 July 2017 – Explanation – The United Nations World Day against Trafficking in Persons 2017 was observed on 30 July 2017 around the world.
7. Recently in which country 2017 BRICS National Security Advisors (NSAs) meeting held?
A. Sri Lanka
Answer: B – China – Explanation – 2017 BRICS National Security Advisors (NSAs) meeting was held on 27th and 28th July 2017, in Beijing, China.
8. Recently ________________ and ___________________ has sign $1.5 billion Hambantota port deal.
C. Sri Lanka
Answer: C & D – Sri Lanka & China – Explanation – On July 29, 2017, Sri Lanka’s government signed an agreement to sell a 70% stake in a $1.5 billion Hambantota port to China in a bid to recover from the heavy burden of repaying a Chinese loan obtained to build the facility.
9. In which country 7th edition of SAARC Artists Camp & Exhibition of Paintings begins?
Answer: D – Nepal – Explanation – The 7th edition of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Artists Camp and Exhibition of Paintings has begun at Kathmandu on 28th of July 2017.
10. According to the report which country has produces gas from ‘flammable ice’ under South China Sea?
A. North Korea
Answer: B – China – Explanation – According to the Land and Resources Ministry China has successfully produced natural gas from methane hydrate, also known as “flammable ice”, in an experimental project in the South China Sea (SCS).
11. Who set the World record in 50m at 2017 World Aquatic Championship?
A. Kosuke Hagino
B. Adam Peaty
C. Michael Phelps
D. Ryan Lochte
Answer: B – Adam Peaty – Explanation – On July 25, 2017, Britain’s Adam Peaty broke the 50m breaststroke world record for the second time in a day as he reached the World Aquatics Championships final in Budapest, Hungary. In medal tally US topped with 39 medals (17 gold, 12 Silver and 10 bronze).
12. Name the Indian boxers have strike gold in Czech Republic tournament.
A. Manoj Kumar
B. Shiva Thapa
C. Vikas Krishan Yadav
D. Akhil Kumar
Answer: A & B – Manoj Kumar & Shiva Thapa – Explanation – Indian boxers have bagged a total of 8 medals at the 48th Grand Prix at Usti Nad Manoj Kumar, Shiva Thapa strike gold in Czech Republic tournament Labem in Czech Republic.
13. Recently she has been felicitated by Mohun Bagan at their Annual Awards ceremony?
A. Jhulan Goswami
B. Mithali Raj
C. Harmanpreet Kaur
D. Shikha Pandey
Answer: A – Jhulan Goswami – Explanation – Kolkata-based football club Mohun Bagan conferred prestigious Mohun Bagan Ratna award on former club captain and Coach Subrata Bhattacharya, while Indian Women’s cricket team veteran pacer Jhulan Goswami was given a special award at the club’s annual day programme in Kolkata on July 29, 2017.
14. As per report the founder of this firm Jeff Bezos became world’s richest man?
Answer: B – Amazon – Explanation – Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has become the world’s richest person with a fortune of over $90.5 billion announced on 27th of July 2017.
15. Who has been appointed as part-time member on IRDAI board?
A. M G Kaul
B. S Venkitaramanan
C. Ravi Mittal
D. Ashish Bahuguna
Answer: C – Ravi Mittal – Explanation – Ravi Mittal has appointed an additional secretary in the Finance Ministry in place of Anil Khachiis now a part-time member on the board of IRDAI announced on 30th July 2017.