Current Affairs Quiz : June 12 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on June 12 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Twelfth June 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : June 12 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : June 12 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :June 122017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently which state government launches farmers’ debt relief scheme?
B. Madhya Pradesh
Answer: B – Madhya Pradesh – Explanation – Madhya Pradesh government has launched a new debt relief scheme “Krishi Rin Samadhan Yojana” for farmers and allocates Rs 1,000 crore.
2. Which city will get India’s first underwater Metro?
Answer: A – Kolkata – Explanation – Kolkata will launch an underwater Metro which will pass through tunnels several feet under the Hooghly.
3. Recently Union Minister Jitendra Singh announces that Hill Area Development Programme will be launch in this state?
Answer: C – Manipur – Explanation – The Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region (DrJitendra Singh DoNER) has announced the launch of, “Hill Area Development Programme” (HADP) for Northeast in Imphal (Manipur).
4. Recently government has launches _____________ to provide legal aid in rural areas via video conferencing.
A. Tele Law
B. Tempo Law
C. Short Law
D. Group Law
Answer: A – Tele Law – Explanation – To provide legal aid for the people living in rural areas, the Union Government on 11 June 2017 launched ‘Tele Law’ service. Under the service, the legal aid will be provided through video conferencing to marginalised communities of rural areas. The service was launched by IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad. After launching the service, Prasad said, the legal aid through Tele-Law will fulĭl the government’s commitment to ensuring access to justice and empowerment of the poor.
5. Name the Indian Ambassador to Kazakhstan has inaugurates India Pavilion at Expo 2017.
A. Harsh Kumar Jain
B. Ronen Sen
C. Meera Shankar
D. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
Answer: A – Harsh Kumar Jain – Explanation – On June 10, 2017, Indian Ambassador to Kazakhstan Harsh Kumar Jain inaugurated India Pavilion at Expo 2017 at Astana, the capital city of Kazakhstan. The world class exhibition displays renewable and green technologies.
6. Which of the following country has awarded Rs. 1600 crore contract to complete Kaladan project in Myanmar?
Answer: D – India – Explanation – Indian Government has awarded Rs. 1600 crore contract for building 109km road connecting Paletwa river terminal to Zorinpui in Mizoram border as part of $484million Kaladan multimodal mtransport projects in Myanmar that will offer connectivity to Mizoram in India.
7. Recently ______________ has launches record-breaking drone swarm.
Answer: C – China – Explanation – China has launched a record breaking swarm of 119 fixedwing unmanned aerial vehicles on 11 of June, 2017.
8. Recently at the age of ________________ Miguel D’Escoto Brockmann former President of the UN General Assembly was died.
Answer: B – 84 – Explanation – Miguel D’Escoto Brockmann a former foreign Minister of Nicaragua and a former President of the UN General Assembly has passed away on 8 June 2017. He was 84.
9. IOC has approves new events for _________________ Tokyo Game.
Answer: B – 2020 – Explanation – The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has approved new events for the 2020 Tokyo Games, including a number of mixedgender competitions.
10. Recently who wins the Men’s Singles title at 2017 French Open?
A. Rafael Nadal
B. Stan Wawrinka
C. Rohan Bopanna
D. Ryan Harrison
Answer: A – Rafael Nadal – Explanation – Rafael Nadal on 11 June 2017 set a record winning his 10th French Open title. No other player has ever won 10 championships at the same event. Nadal defeated Stan Wawrinka to grab the historic win.
11. Who wins gold at world chess championship for differently-abled?
A. M. Gunasekaran
B. Ramu Manjula
C. C. Annadurai
D. Shashikant Kutwal
Answer: D – Shashikant Kutwal – Explanation – Shashikant Kutwal, a railway employee with Pune Division, has won the gold medal at the 17th World Individual Chess Championship for differently-abled, held in Slovakia from May 27 to June 6, 2017. Kutwal (37), who works as office superintendent, has now attained the title of International Master.
12. Recently in which state Federation Cup National Senior Athletics Championships held?
B. Tamil Nadu
Answer: A – Punjab – Explanation – 21st Federation Cup National Senior Athletics Championships was held from 1 – 4 June 2017 in Patiala, Punjab. The event was organised by Athletics Federation of India (AFI) with support from Punjab Athletics Association and Sports Authority of India.
13. Who among the following to get France’s Legion of Honour?
A. Shekhar Chatterjee
B. Siddartha Chatterjee
C. Soumitra Chatterjee
D. Tapen Chatterjee
Answer: C – Soumitra Chatterjee – Explanation – Veteran Bengali film actor Soumitra Chatterjee has been conferred with the highest French civilian honour, the Legion d’Honneur.
14. Who has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of South Africa?
A. Praveen Kr. Srivastava
B. Aramane Giridhar
C. Ruchira Kamboj
D. Bidyut Bihari Swain
Answer: C – Ruchira Kamboj – Explanation – Ruchira Kamboj, presently Ambassador/PR to Permanent Delegation of India to UNESCO, Paris has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of South Africa.
15. Who will be the next MD & CEO of NSE?
A. Vikram Limaye
B. Jatinder Bir Singh
C. Animesh Chauhan
D. Pawan Kumar Bajaj
Answer: A – Vikram Limaye – Explanation – Markets regulator SEBI has cleared the appointment of Vikram Limaye. He is currently the MD of IDFC. He will be the next MD & CEO of National Stock Exchange.