Current Affairs Quiz : June 18 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on June 18 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Eighteenth June 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : June 18 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : June 18 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :June182017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently which state government has signed a tripartite agreement with the Centre and Airports Authority of India (AAI)?
Answer- A- Punjab – Explanation: Under the country’s flagship programme UDAN in the presence of Chief Minister Capt. Amarinder Singh the Punjab government has signed a tripartite agreement with the Centre and Airports Authority of India (AAI).
2. Recently Indian Government makes __________ mandatory for opening bank account?
A. Voter id card
B. Aadhaar card
C. PAN card
D. Ration card
Answer-B- Aadhaar card – Explanation: The government has made Aadhaar card mandatory for opening of bank accounts as well as for any financial transaction of Rs 50,000 and above.
3. NITI Aayog shortlists 5 States for transformative change in which sector?
Answer-C- Education – Explanation: NITI Aayog has shortlisted five states under ‘Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital’ (SATH) program for developing role model states in health and education. For Education Sector, the shortlisted states are Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Andhra Pradesh.
4. Recently which of the following state Government offers Insurance cover for crops?
D. Madhya Pradesh
Answer-B- Haryana – Explanation: The Haryana Government announced immediate implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) to help farmers avail of insurance cover against crop loss due to natural calamities for 2017-18. Under this scheme, paddy, bajra, maize and cotton crops would be covered during the Kharif season while wheat, gram, barley and mustard would be covered during the Rabi season.
5. Recently Asia Development Bank and _________ have launched a green financing platform to cut pollution in the smoghit BeijingTianjinHebei region.
Answer-A- China – Explanation: China and the Asia Development Bank (ADB) have launched a green financing platform to cut pollution in the smoghit BeijingTianjinHebei region on 16 of June 2017.
6. Recently which country re-elected to United Nations Economic and Social Council?
B. United Arab Emirates
Answer-C- India – Explanation: The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on 15 June 2017 re-elected India to another three-year term on the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). India was elected to the ECOSOC with the backing of the Asian and Pacic group of nations.
7. Recently United States Administration blacklisted how many senior members of the Islamic State group including the group’s leader?
Answer-D- 3 – Explanation: The United States Administration led by President Donald Trump on 15 June 2017 blacklisted three senior members of the Islamic State group including the group’s leader, the chief recruiter in India and a recruiter for attackers who carried out two deadly assaults in Europe. The trio, according to the US State Department and Treasury, has committed or pose a significant risk of committing terrorist attacks that threaten US national interests.
8. Recently German Reunification architect Helmut Kohl dies at the age of
Answer-A- 87 – Explanation: Former German Chancellor, Helmut Kohl, died at the age of 87 in Ludwigshafen, in the Western State of Germany. He was centre-right Christian Democrats, was the longest-serving German chancellor of the 20th Century.
9. Recently which IndianAmerican filmmaker wins the Dorothy Arzner Directors Award at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, USA?
A. Preeti Aneja
B. Mira Nair
C. Manju Borah
D. Shonali Bose
Answer-B- Mira Nair – Explanation: IndianAmerican filmmaker Mira Nair won the Dorothy Arzner Directors Award at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, USA.
10. Recently EazyDiner has appointed who among the following cricketer as global Brand Ambassador?
A. MS Dhoni
B. Yuvraj Singh
C. Virat Kohli
D. Rohit Sharma
Answer-B- Yuvraj Singh – Explanation: Online restaurant reservation platform EazyDiner has appointed cricketer Yuvraj Singh as global brand ambassador. The company however did not disclose any details of the terms of the appointment.
11. Recently Congress MLA Ajaib Singh Bhatti was unanimously elected as the Deputy Speaker of __________ Legislative Assembly.
D. Uttar Pradesh
Answer-C- Punjab – Explanation: Congress MLA Ajaib Singh Bhatti was unanimously elected as the Deputy Speaker of Punjab Legislative Assembly on 16 June 2017. His name was proposed by the leader of the House Captain Amarinder Singh and seconded by Health Minister Brahm Mahindra, who escorted Bhatti to his new seat.
12. Recently ClearTax, India’s largest income tax returns efiling and enterprise compliance service provider has launched _______ software.
Answer-B- Billbook – Explanation: To help small and medium businesses (SMEs) in the country get GST-ready, ClearTax, has launched Billbook software. ClearTax’s GST Bill Book is a free software platform for preparing GST-compliant invoices.
13. Recently which bank launches Aadhaar based iris eye scan customer verification service in India?
A. UCO Bank
B. IDFC Bank
C. DCB Bank
D. IDBI Bank
Answer-C- DCB Bank – Explanation: DCB Bank, a private sector bank has launched new services – India’s first Aadhaar based iris eye scan customer verification and fingerprint operated ATM in Telangana on 16 of June.
14. Recently how many Indian firms have been named in the top 100 of Nikkei Asian Review’s Asia300 companies?
Answer-A- 20 – Explanation: As many as 20 Indian firms have been named in the top 100 of Nikkei Asian Review’s Asia300 companies list Nikkei Asian Review annual Asia 300 Power Performers Ranking is a compilation of the most powerful and valuable listed companies in Asia.
15. Recently which of the following conglomerate set up 50-MW solar PV plant in Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh?
A. Sahara India Pariwar
B. Larsen and Toubro Group
C. Bharti Enterprises
D. Adani Group
Answer-D- Adani Group – Explanation: Infrastructure conglomerate Adani Group in the second week of June 2017 announced commissioning of a 50 megawatts (MW) solar photovoltaic (PV) plant in Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh. The plant has been set up with an investment of Rs. 315 crore, under the National Solar Mission Scheme.