Current Affairs Quiz :May 07 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on May 07 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Seventh May 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : May 07 2017” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz :May 07 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :May 07 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Union Cabinet approves transfer of Department of Posts land to Thrissur Municipal Corporation the cabinet was chaired by whom?
A. Narendra Modi
B. Raj Nath Singh
C. Smt. Sushma Swaraj
D. Arun Jaitley
Answer: A – Narendra Modi – Explanation – The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 3 May 2017 approved the transfer of 16.5 cents of land and building belonging to Department of Posts at Thrissur (Trichur) in Kerala to Thrissur Municipal Corporation.
2. Recently NGT has announced that anyone found illegally dumping e-waste near Ramganga River will be fine Rs 1 lakh, the decision was taken by a bench headed by-
A. Justice Satyendra Singh Chauhan
B. Justice Swatanter Kumar
C. Justice Sudhir Agarwal
D. Justice Bharati Sapru
Answer: B – Justice Swatanter Kumar – Explanation – The National Green Tribunal announced on 3 May 2017 that anyone found dumping electronic waste (e-waste) on the banks of Ramganga River in Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh would be fined a sum of Rs one lakh as environment compensation. The decision was taken by a bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar. Explaining the move, the bench stated that it had been brought to their notice that huge quantity of hazardous e-waste generated from various industries in powder form was being disposed on the bank of the river and the same was duly verified by a joint inspection conducted by Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB).
3. Recently which state’s Banganapalle mango gets GI tag?
A. Tamil Nadu
C. Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C – Andhra Pradesh – Explanation – Andhra Pradesh’s Banganapalle mango got Geographical Indication registration from the Geographical Indications Registry.
4. Recently at the age of ______________ Dronacharya awardee Wrestler Capt. Chand Roop was died?
Answer: D – 88 – Explanation – Dronacharya awardee and wrestler Capt. Chand Roop has passed away. He was 88.
5. Indian Army successfully test-fires advanced ________________ version of Brahmos cruise missile.
Answer: A – Block-III – Explanation – On May 2, 2017, Indian Army successfully testfired Block III version (an advanced version) of the Brahmos landattack cruise missile in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. In the test, BlockIII version successfully hit the landbased target with desired precision in a “top attack configuration”. This test fire has matched all the parameter of the canonical textbook, involving high level and complex manoeuvring by the missile.
6. Recently Ex-minister of this state Pratap Singh Baghel was died?
B. Himachal Pradesh
C. Madhya Pradesh
Answer: C – Madhya Pradesh – Explanation – Congress leader and former Madhya Pradesh minister Pratap Singh Baghel had passed away. He was 70.
7. World’s biggest X-ray laser generates its first light; it is located in which country?
Answer: A – Germany – Explanation – The world’s biggest Xray laser has generated its first beam of light. It will allow scientists to get a glimpse of new materials, drugs and chemical reactions at the atomic level. The 3.4kilometrelong European XFEL, that is located in underground tunnels in Germany, will help in new era of European research.
8. Recently which country has created World’s Fastest Camera, shoots 5 trillion frames per second?
A. South Africa
Answer: B – Sweden – Explanation – Researchers at a university in Sweden have developed world’s fastest camera called FRAME (Frequency Recognition Algorithm for Multiple Exposures). This camera can capture five trillion frames per second.
9. In which city 27th session of Universal Periodic Review Working Group being held?
C. New York City
Answer: D – Geneva – Explanation – The 27th Session of the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) Working Group is being held from 1st to 12th of May 2017 at the UN Human Rights Council (UNHRC) in Geneva. India’s National Report for the UPRIII was reviewed on the May 4, 2017. India was represented by Mukul Rohatgi – the Attorney General of India.
10. Who has been appointed as Chairman of Tea Board of India?
A. Prabhat Kamal Bezboruah
B. Chandresh Kumari Katoch
C. Kodikunnil Suresh
D. Ashutosh Gowariker
Answer: A – Prabhat Kamal Bezboruah – Explanation – Renowned tea planter from Assam Prabhat Kamal Bezboruah, who was once a banker in the US, was on 4 May 2017 appointed as the Chairman of the Tea Board of India. Bezboruah will have tenure till November 2018. With this, Bezboruah became the first non-IAS and the first industry insider to head the Kolkata headquartered Tea Board, the governing body of the industry.
11. Bharti Enterprises has appointed ____________________ as Managing Director- Financial Services.
A. Soumen Sarkar
B. Soumen Ghosh
C. Soumen Banerjee
D. Soumen Barman
Answer: B – Soumen Ghosh – Explanation – Bharti Enterprises has appointed Soumen (Sam) Ghosh as Managing Director – Financial Services. Ghosh will be responsible for business expansion, strengthening the management processes and governance of these businesses.
12. Which of the company has signs a MoU with SAP to launch SARAL GST solution for taxpayers?
Answer: A – Reliance – Explanation – Reliance Corporate IT Park Limited (“RCITPL”) it is a subsidiary of Reliance Industries has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with SAP to launch ‘SARAL GST’ solution for taxpayers.
13. In which city Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has commences its operation?
Answer: C – Pune – Explanation – Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has started its operations in Pune. Its total branches now come to 30 across the country.
14. Which of the following bank has predicts 7.4 percent growth for Indian Economy this Fiscal Year?
A. World Bank
B. Reserve Bank of India
C. Asian Development Bank
D. None of these
Answer: C – Asian Development Bank – Explanation – Asian Development Bank predicts 7.4% in the current fiscal year 201718 and 7.1% in the fiscal year.
15. According to the GFI what sum of amount of black money entered into India during 2005-2014?
A. $ 786 billion
B. $ 666 billion
C. $ 932 billion
D. $ 770 billion
Answer: D – $ 770 billion – Explanation – As per a latest report titled ‘Illicit Financial Flows to and from Developing Countries: 20052014’ compiled by USbased think tank Global Financial Integrity (GFI), an estimated $770 billion in black money entered India while $165 billion exited the country during 20052014.