Current Affairs Quiz :May 21 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on May 21 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Twentyone May 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : May 21 2017” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz :May 21 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :May 21 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Which of the following Committee recommends measures for desiltation of river Ganga?
A. Chitale Committee
B. Ajay Shankar Committee
C. Sivaramakrishnan committee
D. Suresh Prabhu Committee
Answer: A – Chitale Committee – Explanation – Chitale Committee on desiltation of River Ganga has come up with several recommendations such as establishing annual sediment budgets to guide desilting activities, morphological and flood routing studies and study of reach wise sediment transport processes.
2. Recently which state launches e-textbook portal for school students?
A. Uttar Pradesh
Answer: B – Haryana – Explanation – Haryana government has launched etextbook portal for school students. Students can now download school books instantly from the etextbook portal of the Haryana School Education Board.
3. Recently doctors of which city successfully perform country’s first uterus transplant?
B. New Delhi
Answer: C – Pune – Explanation – A team of Pune doctors successfully performed country’s first womb (uterus) transplant on a 21 yearold Solapur woman on 18 of May.
4. Recently Green court NGT bans open defecation, waste dumping on Yamuna floodplains. Who is the chairperson of NGT?
A. CS Dharmadhikari
B. Rakesh Mohan
C. J.V. Shetty
D. Swatanter Kumar
Answer: D – Swatanter Kumar – Explanation – A Green court NGT has banned open defecation and waste dumping on the floodplains of the Yamuna.
5. Recently researchers from this IIT develop cheapest respiratory filter?
A. IIT Delhi
B. IIT Hyderabad
C. IIT Guwahati
D. IIT Patna
Answer: A – IIT Delhi – Explanation – Researchers of Indian Institute of Technology Delhi have developed the device ‘Naso filters’. It is capable of restricting up to 95% of dust and air pollutants.
6. Which day is observed as International Museum Day?
A. May 18
B. May 19
C. May 20
D. May 21
Answer: A – May 18 – Explanation – International Museum Day (IMD) is an international day a celebration that held every year on or around 18 May, coordinated by the International Council of Museums (ICOM). The event highlights a specific theme that changes every year and that is at the heart of the international museum community’s preoccupations.
7. Which of the following day is celebrates on 18 May?
A. National Youth Day
B. World AIDS Vaccine Day
C. World Laughter Day
D. World Health Day
Answer: B – World AIDS Vaccine Day – Explanation – World AIDS Vaccine Day, also known as HIV Vaccine Awareness Day, is observed annually on May 18. HIV vaccine advocates mark the day by promoting the continued urgent need for a vaccine to prevent HIV infection and AIDS.
8. Recently Scientists from this country have discovers first Natural Human Antibodies against Ebola Virus?
Answer: C – USA – Explanation – A team of scientists from the United States have discovered a possible cure for all five known Ebola viruses, one of which severely damage West Africa in recent years.
9. Which country retains No. 1 position in ICC test ranking?
C. South Africa
Answer: A – India – Explanation – India retained its No.1 position on the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test team rankings.
10. Name the organization that has receives 2014 Indira Gandhi Peace Prize recently.
Answer: A – ISRO – Explanation – On May 18, 2017, Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh presented the 2014 Indira Gandhi Peace Prize to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) at a function in New Delhi.
11. Name the Indian-origin steel tycoon who has gets prestigious ‘CEO of the Year’ award in UK.
A. Bibek Debroy
B. Sanjeev Gupta
C. Aditya Puri
D. Shantanu Narayen
Answer: B – Sanjeev Gupta – Explanation – Britains Indianorigin steel tycoon Sanjeev Gupta has bagged a top global award ‘CEO of the Year’for his successful acquisitions.
12. Who has been appointed as new MD of Ford India?
A. Anurag Mehrotra
B. Rahul Sharma
C. Pawan Munjal
D. Sunil Duggal
Answer: A – Anurag Mehrotra – Explanation – American carmaker Ford has appointed Anurag Mehrotra as Managing Director for its Indian subsidiary. Mehrotra will be the youngest MD of Ford India. He is 44 years only.
13. Who is the new Deputy Chief Integrated Defence Staff?
A. Arjan Singh
B. PN Pradhan
C. Pratap Chandra Lal
D. Om Prakash Mehra
Answer: B – PN Pradhan – Explanation – Air Marshal PN Pradhan appointed as the Deputy Chief of Integrated Defence Staff (IDS) (Operations).
14. Recently President Pranab Mukherjee receives first copy of book ‘Metaphysics, Morals and Politics’ the book was written by whom?
A. Amal Kumar Mukhopadhyay
B. Syed Kawsar Jamal
C. Shankha Ghosh
D. None of these
Answer: A – Amal Kumar Mukhopadhyay – Explanation – The President of India Pranab Mukherjee, on 18 May 2017 received the first copy of book ‘Metaphysics, Morals and Politics’ in Kolkata, West Bengal. The book is authored by Professor Amal Kumar Mukhopadhyay.
15. Recently Prime Minister Releases Book Series written by
A. Arvind Mayaram
B. Jairam Ramesh
C. MS Swaminathan
D. K.V. Kamath
Answer: C – MS Swaminathan – Explanation – The Prime Minister NarendraModi has released a book series written by the Agricultural Scientist Dr. M.S. Swaminathan.