Current Affairs Quiz :May 31 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on May 31 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Thirtyfirst May 2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : May 31 2017” Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz :May 31 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :May 31 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. What is the name of new campaign launched by the Union Government to promote sanitation?
A. Darwaza Band
B. Smart City Mission
C. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
D. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
Answer: A – Darwaza Band – Explanation – The government launched a new campaign called Darwaza Band for the promotion of toilet usage in the rural areas across the country. Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan, who leads the campaign, is proposed to be joined by Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation Narendra Singh Tomar and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis at the formal launch event to be held in Mumbai.
2. Recently this state has bans thin plastic bags to tackle garbage?
Answer: B – Goa – Explanation – The Goa State government has decided to ban buying and selling of plastic bags below 50 microns.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Kochi Metro project on June 17. The project is located in which state?
A. Tamil Nadu
D. Andhra Pradesh
Answer: C – Kerala – Explanation – Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Kerala’s prestigious Kochi Metro project on June 17. The inaugural function of the 13-km Aluva-Palarivattom corridor will be held at Aluva in Ernakulam district.
4. Recently which country has started first women’s TV channel?
Answer: A – Afghanistan – Explanation – The firstever women television channel “Zan TV (or Women’s TV)” has started in Kabul, Afghanistan.
5. Recently India and which country sign MoU on Defence Cooperation?
Answer: B – Fiji – Explanation – India has signed a MoU with FIJI on Defence Cooperation on May 29, 2017.
6. Recently at the age of ______________ former Panama dictator Manuel Noriega was died.
Answer: C – 83 – Explanation – Former Panama dictator Manuel Noriega passed away on 29 May 2017 following a prolonged illness. He was 83.
7. Which country’s President approves controversial NGO law recently?
Answer: D – Egypt – Explanation – Making it harder for charities to operate in Egypt, President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi on 29 May 2017 signed into law a contentious new bill that regulates non-governmental organisations (NGO). The measure restricts NGO activity to developmental and social work and introduces jail terms of up to five years for non-compliance and fines up to one million Egyptian pounds (more than $55000).
8. Who is the only Indian player in top 10 ICC rankings?
A. Virat Kohli
B. MS Dhoni
C. Yuvraj Singh
D. R Ashwin
Answer: A – Virat Kohli – Explanation – India captain Virat Kohli is the only cricketer from the country to feature in the top 10 of the ICC Players Rankings for ODIs.
9. Who becomes the first Indian women cricketer to play in England’s T20 league?
A. Thirush Kamini
B. Harmanpreet Kaur
C. Veda Krishnamurthy
D. Smriti Mandhana
Answer: B – Harmanpreet Kaur – Explanation – Harmanpreet Kaur, the captain of India’s T20 team has become the first Indian women cricketer to play in England’s T20 league.
10. Recently who presents the Hindi Sevi Samman Awards at New Delhi?
A. President of India
B. Prime Minister of India
C. Vice President of India
D. Governor of India
Answer: A – President of India – Explanation – The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee presented the Hindi Sevi Samman Awards to 26 eminent Hindi scholars for the year 2015 on 30 May 2017at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. The ceremony was attended by several dignitaries including the Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Prakash Javadekar.
11. Recently for the fourth time who has won the Golden Shoe?
A. Lucas Digne
B. Lionel Messi
C. Cristiano Ronaldo
Answer: B – Lionel Messi – Explanation – Professional football player Lionel Messi has won the European Golden Shoe for a fourth time. Playing for FC Barcelona, Lionel Messi scored 37 goals this season.
12. Recently who has been awarded with Sangeet Natak Akademi Puraskar for the year 2016?
A. Ratna Pathak
B. Ashish Vidyarthi
C. Satyabrata Rout
D. Vinay Pathak
Answer: C – Satyabrata Rout – Explanation – Sangeet Natak Akademi Puraskar for the year 2016 has been awarded to Satyabrata Rout. Satyabrata Rout has been given this award for developing a unique method of teaching and practicing direction and design, which has been achieved through a long and continuous work experience with eminent theatre practitioners and scholars.
13. Which of the following film has wins top award at Cannes Film Festival 2017?
A. The Square
B. La La Land
Answer: A – The Square – Explanation – The Ruben Ostlunddirected satire ‘The Square’ has won the top prize at the 70 Cannes Film Festival 2017.
14. Recently this has signs MoU with Morocco’s SNRT?
A. Prasar Bharati
B. All India Radio
D. None of these
Answer: A – Prasar Bharati – Explanation – Prasar Bharati has signed an agreement with Moroccos Societe Nationale de Radio diffusionet de Television (SNRT).
15. President Pranab Mukherjee receives first copies of the books “Colour Atlas of Oral Implantology” and “Conservative Dentistry” basics. The book is authored by whom?
A. Dr. Prafulbali
B. Lanka Mahesh
C. Dr. RK bali
D. Dr. Mazoomdar
Answer: A & B – Dr. Prafulbali & Lanka Mahesh – Explanation – President has received two copies of the book Colour Atlas of Oral Implantology” and “Conservative Dentistry – basics. The Colour Atlas authored by Dr. Prafulbali & Lanka Mahesh. In this book it has been majorly focus on agniveer procedures performed by the author in the field of dental in planetology.