This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on October 12 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Twelfth October 2017 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : October 12 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : October 12 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :October 12 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently which State cabinet approved a climate change adaptation policy that will focus on developing environment-friendly villages and cities?
- A. Maharashtra
- B. Karnataka
- C. Kerala
- D. Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A – Maharashtra – Explanation: On October 10, 2017, Maharashtra State cabinet approved a climate change adaptation policy that will focus on developing environment-friendly villages and cities. Maharashtra State Government will set up a special cell under the state Environment department for the effective implementation of this policy of developing environment-friendly villages and cities.
2. How many projects are sanctioned under the Namami Gange programme by The National Mission for Clean Ganga(NMCG)?
- A. 10
- B. 5
- C. 8
- D. 9
Answer: C – 8 – Explanation: The National Mission for Clean Ganga(NMCG) has sanctioned Rs.700 crore for eight projects in the Namami Gange programme. Four projects related to sewage management in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal.Three are related to treatment of drains through bio-remediation. One of inventorization and surveillance of river Ganga.
3. Which Country to help Indian Railways to increase speed of trains on existing corridors?
- A. Russia
- B. Germany
- C. Japan
- D. China
Answer: B – Germany – Explanation: On October 10, 2017, a Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) was signed in New Delhi between Union Ministry of Railways and Germany for carrying out feasibility study on existing Chennai-Kazipet corridor of Indian Railways by German Railways for increasing the speed of passenger trains to 200 kmph.
4. Recently Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Kharagpur has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with which company for the setting up of a digital academy in its campus?
- A. Samsung
- B. Vivo
- C. Oppo
- D. Apple
Answer: A – Samsung – Explanation: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Kharagpur has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Samsung India for the setting up of a digital academy in its campus. The Digital Academy will be hosted by IIT-Kharagpur’s Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
5. First Meeting of the Economic Advisory Council held in which city?
- A. Mumbai
- B. Kolkata
- C. New Delhi
- D. Lucknow
Answer: C – New Delhi – Explanation: On 11th October 2017, the first meeting of the Economic Advisory Council to Prime Minister Narendra Modi (EAC-PM) was held at NITI Aayog, in New Delhi. The EAC-PM is chaired by Dr.Bibey Debroy. Principal Adviser of NITI Aayog Ratan P.Watal is the council’s member secretary and Dr.Surjit Bhalla, Dr.Rathin Roy and Dr.Ashima Goyal are its part-time members.
6. Which country launches fourth satellite for high-precision GPS?
- A. Japan
- B. China
- C. Spain
- D. Bangladesh
Answer: A – Japan – Explanation: On October 10, 2017, Japan launched Michibiki satellite, the fourth satellite for a new high-precision global positioning system (GPS). Michibiki satellite was launched by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency aboard H-2A rocket from Tanegashima Space Center in Kagoshima Prefecture.
7. ‘International Day of the Girl Child’ is observed every year across the world on _______________.
- A. 12 October
- B. 10 October
- C. 11 October
- D. 9 October
Answer: C – 11 October – Explanation: ‘International Day of the Girl Child’ is observed across the world on October 11 every year. This day is observed to raise awareness about several issues faced by girl child pertaining to education, nutrition, child marriage, legal and medical rights.
8. International Monetary Fund (IMF) has lowered India’s growth forecast from its earlier estimate of 7.2% to ______%.
- A. 7.5
- B. 6.7
- C. 6.9
- D. 6.8
Answer: B – 6.7% – Explanation: As per latest edition of World Economic Outlook released on October 10, 2017, International Monetary Fund (IMF) has lowered India’s growth forecast for 2017 to 6.7% from its earlier estimate of 7.2%.
9. Recently which bank to setup country’s largest Innovation Centre in Mumbai?
- A. SBI
- B. RBI
- C. IDBI
- D. HDFC
Answer: A – SBI – Explanation: On 10th October 2017, State Bank of India (SBI) announced the setting up of its 15,000 square feet Innovation Centre, India’s largest Innovation Centre, in Navi Mumbai. The Innovation Centre of SBI would be built at its Global IT Centre in Belapur, Navi Mumbai. It will be the largest Innovation Centre by any financial services company in India.
10. As per LinkedIn Report which country is second largest market for pharma & biotech workforce?
- A. Russia
- B. China
- C. Japan
- D. India
Answer: D – India – Explanation: On 10th October 2017, LinkedIn released a report stating that, India ranks as the second largest market for pharmaceuticals and biotechnology workforce.
11. Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced the setting up of how many new Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) townships, in Gujarat?
- A. 16
- B. 14
- C. 12
- D. 10
Answer: A – 16 – Explanation: On 11th October 2017, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced the setting up of 16 new Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) townships, in Gujarat. Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said that, 16 new GIDC townships would be set up in 2400 hectare area to encourage the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).This township would attract 15,000 industrial units.
12. President Ram Nath Kovind gave away the National award for senior citizens to Indian boxing coach. What is the name of the coach?
- A. Gurbax Singh Sandhu
- B. Santiago Nieva
- C. Abhishek Shah
- D. Vimal Khatri
Answer: A – Gurbax Singh Sandhu – Explanation: President Ram Nath Kovind gave away the National award for senior citizens to Indian boxing coach Gurbax Singh Sandhu and Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award for Excellence in Public Administration, Academics and Management for 2017 to Dr.Bindeshwar Pathak.
13. Recently who won 2017 Nobel Prize in Economics for his work on behavioural economics?
- A. Adam smith
- B. Milton Friedman
- C. John stuart Mill
- D. Richard H. Thaler
Answer: D – Richard H. Thaler – Explanation: Richard H. Thaler won the 2017 Nobel Prize for Economics for his work on behavioural economics. He plans to spend the prize money “irrationally”. Thaler, 72 and a professor at the University of Chicago, is one of the founders of behavioral economics and finance.
14. Recently who appointed as new FTII (Film and Television Institute of India) chairman?
- A. Nasiruddin Shah
- B. Anupam Kher
- C. Paresh Rawal
- D. Kavir Vedi
Answer: B – Anupam Kher – Explanation: On 11th October 2017, the government appointed Actor Anupam Kher as the Chairman of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune. Anupam Kher will replace Gajendra Chauhan as Chairman of FTII. Gajendra Chauhan’s tenure ended in March 2017.
15. Recently who appointed as head of U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC)?
- A. Nisha Desai Biswal
- B. Khush Choksy
- C. Kelsey Cadden
- D. Shefali Dhar
Answer: A – Nisha Desai Biswal – Explanation: On 11th October 2017, Nisha Desai Biswal, former U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia, was appointed as President of the U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC).
16. Recently who wins the badminton singles in Bulgarian International Tournament?
- A. Lin Din
- B. Lee Chong Wei
- C. Gurusaidutt
- D. Prakash Padukone
Answer: C – Gurusaidutt – Explanation: On October 8, 2017, Commonwealth Games bronze medallist RMV Gurusaidutt won the men’s singles title at the Bulgarian International Future Series Badminton tournament.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: October 12 2017
Do not forget to check the following topics
Last Updated on by