This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on October 16 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Sixteenth October 2017 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : October 16 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : October 16 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :October 16 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. The name of the Haryana’s village which gave approval to renamed to Abhimanyupur?
- A. Amin village in Kurukshetra district
- B. Ahmadpur Village in Ambala district
- C. Ahrwan village in Fatehabad district
- D. Alampur village in Faridabad district
Answer: A – Amin village in Kurukshetra district – Explanation: On October 13, 2017, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar gave approval to rename Amin village in Kurukshetra district to Abhimanyupur. Abhimanyu, the son of Arjuna, was a warrior prince in Mahabharata. Amin village is believed by the locals as the site on which Kauravas had resorted to ‘Chakravyuh’ formation as a part of war strategy. Abhimanyu was trapped in this ‘Chakravyuh’, but fought bravely till his last breath.
2. A Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence, headed by BJP MP ______________ will examine the operational preparedness of the armed forces.
- A. Shri Ramcharitra Nishad
- B. B C Khanduri
- C. Shri Rahul Kaswan
- D. Shri Nitin Gadkari
Answer: B – B C Khanduri – Explanation: A Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence, headed by BJP MP B C Khanduri will examine the operational preparedness of the armed forces. Next meeting of this committee is scheduled to be held in November 2017.
3. Recently which High Court makes Gram Sabha nod mandatory for liquor shops?
- A. Kolkata High Court
- B. Delhi High Court
- C. Hyderabad High Court
- D. Guwahati High Court
Answer: C – Hyderabad High Court – Explanation: On 12th October 2017, The Hyderabad High Court directed the Telengana government not to grant licence, to establish liquor retail outlets in the scheduled areas without the resolution of the gramsabha. A division bench consisting of Chief Justice Ramesh Ranganathan and Justice M. Ganga Rao gave the direction when disposing an appeal by Podem Ratnam challenging an order of a single judge.
4. Which State assembly has become the first in India to call attention and adjournment motions and proposals online from legislators?
- A. Karnataka
- B. Rajasthan
- C. Punjab
- D. Gujarat
Answer: B – Rajasthan – Explanation: Rajasthan State assembly has become the first in India to call attention and adjournment motions and proposals online from legislators. The new online system was inaugurated by Rajasthan Assembly Speaker, Speaker Kailash Meghwal by sending a call for an attention motion to the state government with a click of mouse.
5. Recently which country extended the countrywide state of emergency for an additional three months?
- A. Egypt
- B. Ethiopia
- C. Somalia
- D. Libya
Answer: A – Egypt – Explanation: On October 12, 2017, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi extended the countrywide state of emergency for an additional three months. State of Emergency was first imposed in Egypt in April 2017 after bomb blasts in two churches which killed 45 people.
6. Recently world’s first ‘negative emissions’ power plant started operating in which country?
- A. Denmark
- B. Finland
- C. Norway
- D. Iceland
Answer: D – Iceland – Explanation: On October 11, 2017, world’s first ‘negative emissions’ power plant started operating in Iceland. The term negative emission in this context indicates that the power plant eliminates more carbon dioxide (CO2) than it produces.
7. The first metro train to Pakistan has arrived from ____________ as a gift to the country and rolled into Lahore and it is set to be launched in December 2017.
- A. Japan
- B. China
- C. Bangladesh
- D. Afghanistan
Answer: B – China – Explanation: The first metro train to Pakistan has arrived from China as a gift to the country and rolled into Lahore and it is set to be launched in December 2017. This metro train service is Called as “The Orange Line Metro Train service”, and this is the Pakistan’s first mass transit system. It’s fully automated and driverless system.
8. Recently which bank launched an Android app named, ‘Union Sahyog’?
- A. United bank of India
- B. Union Bank of India
- C. Axis bank
- D. HDFC Bank
Answer: B – Union Bank of India – Explanation: On 13th October 2017, Union Bank of India launched an Android app named, ‘Union Sahyog’, as a part of its efforts to digitise customer-facing banking services. The Union Sahyog app was launched by RajKiran Rai G, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Union Bank of India. This App is bilingual, offered in both English and Hindi.
9. Recently which Bank partners with Abu Dhabi Global Markets for collaboration on fintech?
- A. Yes Bank
- B. UCO Bank
- C. Bandhan Bank
- D. Vijaya Bank
Answer: A – Yes Bank – Explanation: On 11th October 2017, Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM), the International Financial Centre in Abu Dhabi, and Yes Bank have signed a MoU, to further encourage cross-border exchange between the fintech ecosystems of the United Arab Emirates and India.
10. India must invest around $45 billion to generate an additional capacity of handling ____________ million passengers at its airports by 2030.
- A. 500-600
- B. 300-400
- C. 200-300
- D. 800-900
Answer: A – 500-600 – Explanation: India must invest around $45 billion to generate an additional capacity of handling 500- 600 million passengers at its airports by 2030 By the next five years the passenger capacity is possible to increase as per a study by an aviation think-tank.
11. Recently which singer has won 30th Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for the year 2015 and 2016?
- A. Sonu Nigam
- B. Javed Ali
- C. T M Krishna
- D. M G Sreekumar
Answer: C – T M Krishna – Explanation: Singer T M Krishna has won 30th Indira Gandhi Award for National Integration for the year 2015 and 2016. T M Krishna has been awarded for promoting and preserving national integration in the country. He will be conferred the award on October 31, 2017 (Indira Gandhi’s Death Anniversary) by Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
12. Recently Government appoints MK Gupta and DK Gayen as new Board members for which sector in India?
- A. Education
- B. Agriculture
- C. Finance
- D. Railway
Answer: D – Railway – Explanation: On 11th October 2017, the Government of India appointed MK Gupta and DK Gayen as new members in the Railway Board. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) approved the appointment of Mahesh Kumar Gupta and DK Gayen.
13. Recently Two Top Executives Abdul Razack and Pervinder Johar have resigned from which company?
- A. Infosys
- B. Apple
- C. IndiGo
- D. ITC
Answer: A – Infosys – Explanation: A top executive at Infosys Ltd’s products,Abdul Razack, senior vice-president, and Pervinder Johar, CEO of Edge Verve, the wholly owned products and platforms subsidiary, have resigned from Infosys. This is the fourth senior-level exit in last 40 days.
14. Recently who became the first cricketer from Bangladesh to be inducted in the MCC World Cricket Committee?
- A. Shakib Al Hasan
- B. Nasir Hossain
- C. Tanbir Hyder
- D. Mushfiqur Rahim
Answer: A – Shakib Al Hasan – Explanation: On 13th October 2017, all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan became the first cricketer from Bangladesh to be inducted in the MCC World Cricket Committee. Shakib Al Hasan is regarded as one of Bangladesh’s finest players. He has played 51 Test matches and 177 one-day internationals.
15. Recently who released ‘The Coalition Years: 1996-2012’, the third part of his memoir in New Delhi?
- A. Narendra Modi
- B. Manmohan Singh
- C. Pranab Mukherjee
- D. Arun Jately
Answer: C – Pranab Mukherjee – Explanation: On October 14, 2017, former president Pranab Mukherjee released ‘The Coalition Years: 1996-2012’, the third part of his memoir in New Delhi. While releasing the memoir, Pranab Mukherjee stated that he is a party activist and has tried to not bring his personal, family life into the narrative.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: October 16 2017
Do not forget to check the following topics
Last Updated on by