This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on September 13 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Thirteenth September 2017 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : September 13 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : September 13 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :September 13 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. The Indian Navy’s woman team has embarked on a circumnavigation of the globe, with Defence Minister _______________ on 10th of Sept. 2017.
- A. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- B. Nirmala Sitharaman
- C. Santosh Kumar Gangwar
- D. Hardeep Singh Puri
Answer: B – Nirmala Sitharaman – Explanation: The Indian Navy’s woman team has embarked on a circumnavigation of the globe, with Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 10th of Sept. 2017. The Indian Navy calls it a “historic” day for the country. Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar and Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba were also present on the occasion. The minister flagged off the first such expedition by the Indian Navy, ‘Navika Sagar Parikrama’, at a ceremony at the INS Mandovi Boat.
2. Recently the Union Government reconstituted how many Committees of the Cabinet after recent ministry reshuffle?
- A. 5
- B. 4
- C. 8
- D. 6
Answer: D – 6 – Explanation: The Union Government reconstituted six Committees of the Cabinet after recent ministry reshuffle. Railway Minister Piyush Goyal and Dharmendra Pradhan were also included as permanent members of the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA).
3. The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) announced that the upper age limit for joining the National Pension Scheme (NPS) had been raised to __________ years from 60 years.
- A. 65 years
- B. 62 years
- C. 61 years
- D. 70 years
Answer: A – 65 years – Explanation: he Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) announced that the upper age limit for joining the National Pension Scheme (NPS) had been raised to 65 years, from the current 60. It is currently open for people between 18 and 60, and the Board has approved raising the age limit for joining to 65.
4. Recently which authority launched ‘FoSCoRIS’, a nationwide online platform to bring in transparency in food safety inspection and sampling?
- A. National Disaster Management Authority
- B. World Health Organisation
- C. Geological Survey of India
- D. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
Answer: D – Food Safety and Standards Authority of India – Explanation: Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) launched ‘FoSCoRIS’, a nationwide online platform to bring in transparency in food safety inspection and sampling. The new system will bring together all key stakeholders food businesses, food safety officers (FSOs), designated officers, state food safety commissioners on a nation-wide IT platform and data related to inspection, sampling and test result data will be shared.
5. Recently Netaji statue unveiled at Naval base in which city of India?
- A. Mumbai
- B. Delhi
- C. Chennai
- D. Kolkata
Answer: D – Kolkata – Explanation: An eight feet bronze statue of Indian freedom struggle leader Subhas Chandra Bose at the naval base INS Netaji Subhas named after the iconic leader. Netaji’s niece in law Krishna Bose cut the ribbon together with Eastern Naval Command chief, Vice Admiral H.C.S. Bisht to unveil the statue.
6. Recently India and which country inked 10 agreements to expand cooperation?
- A. Belarus
- B. England
- C. Japan
- D. Uganda
Answer: A – Belarus – Explanation: India and Belarus inked 10 agreements to expand cooperation in a range of areas and decided to explore joint development and manufacture of military platforms, giving a fresh momentum in bilateral ties. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Belarus President A G Lukashenko during their extensive talks agreed to focus on ramping up economic engagement between the two countries, holding that there was a huge scope for boosting trade and investment.
7. Recently India and which country sign four pacts in areas of health and transport?
- A. China
- B. Afghanistan
- C. Nepal
- D. Bangladesh
Answer: B – Afghanistan – Explanation: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Foreign Minister of Afghanistan Salahuddin Rabbani in New Delhi signed four agreements recently. The four agreements were exchanged in areas like health and transport. India’s commitment to support Afghanistan as a secure, stable, united and prosperous nation.
8. Indian Ambassador in UAE __________________ inaugurated the second Indian Workers’ Resource Centre (IWRC) in UAE to provide support and counseling to Indians in distress.
- A. Mohammad Hamid Ansari
- B. Vijay K. Nambiar
- C. Navdeep Singh Suri
- D. Jyotindra Nath Dixit
Answer: C – Navdeep Singh Suri – Explanation: Indian Ambassador in UAE Navdeep Singh Suri inaugurated the second Indian Workers’ Resource Centre (IWRC) in UAE to provide support and counseling to Indians in distress. It provides counseling and support to the overseas Indian Community on legal, personal and financial matters, free of cost.
9. Recently IndusInd Bank and India’s second largest Microfinance company ____________ signed a confidentiality agreement for the proposed merger between them.
- A. Sambandh Finserv Pvt Ltd.
- B. Adhikar Microfinance Pvt Ltd
- C. Bharat Financial Inclusion
- D. Annapurna Microfinance Pvt Ltd
Answer: C – Bharat Financial Inclusion – Explanation: Private sector lender IndusInd Bank and India’s second largest Microfinance company Bharat Financial Inclusion signed a confidentiality agreement for the proposed merger between them. The merger would result in lower cost of funds and would help the company offer its customers savings products.
10. Recently who conferred with the first Lifetime Achievement Award instituted by the Badminton Association of India (BAI) for his rich contribution to the sport?
- A. Pratul Joshi
- B. Lakshya Sen
- C. Prakash Padukone
- D. Abhishek Yeligar
Answer: C – Prakash Padukone – Explanation: Badminton Prakash Padukone conferred with the first Lifetime Achievement Award instituted by the Badminton Association of India (BAI) for his rich contribution to the sport. He is the first recipient of the lifetime achievement award. He won the 1980 All England and won a bronze at the 1983 World Championship in Copenhagen. He also won a gold medal at the 1978 Commonwealth Games.
11. Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry announced a Smart Cities Awards Contest with total prize money of _______________ to recognise and reward cities and innovative ideas that promote mission’s goals.
- A. 50 Lakh
- B. 60 Lakh
- C. 70 Lakh
- D. 40 Lakh
Answer: A – 50 Lakh – Explanation: Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry announced a Smart Cities Awards Contest with total prize money of 50 lakhs to recognise and reward cities and innovative ideas that promote mission’s goals. Under the Project Awards category, excellence will be awarded in various categories such as Improving Governance, Social Aspects, Culture and Economy, Environment impact, Transportation and Mobility and Water and Sanitation.
12. Recently Microsoft CEO ___________ has launched his first book named ‘Hit Refresh’.
- A. Sundar Pichai
- B. Bill Gates
- C. Satya Nadella
- D. Michael S. Dell
Answer: C – Satya Nadella – Explanation: Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has launched his first book named ‘Hit Refresh’. The book includes the inside story of the company’s continuing transformation, Nadella’s own personal journey, Vision for the coming wave of intelligent technologies.
13. Recently who won the Malaysian Squash Tour 2017?
- A. Ranjit Singh
- B. Harinder Pal Sandhu
- C. Yash Bhargava
- D. Aryan Parekh
Answer: B – Harinder Pal Sandhu – Explanation: Harinder Pal Sandhu has won the Malaysian Squash Tour. This is his 21st consecutive international match to win in a row. He beat Malaysia’s Mohammed Syafiq Kamal to win the final match. The tournament was held in in Kuala Lumpur.
14. Which city will host Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Senior Badminton Championship tournament 2017 in India?
- A. Kolkata
- B. Kochi
- C. Guwahati
- D. Kanpur
Answer: B – Kochi – Explanation: This is the first time in India, Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Senior Badminton Championship tournament will started in Rajiv Gandhi Indoor Stadium of Kochi which will continue till 17th September.
15. Recently who lifted the US Open women’s singles title 2017?
- A. Sloane Stephens
- B. Madison Keys
- C. Venus Williams
- D. Petra Kvitová
Answer: A – Solane Stephens – Explanation: American Sloane Stephens lifted the US Open women’s singles title. She ranked 83rd completed a spectacular return from injury to beat 15th seed Keys 6-3, 6-0 in the finals.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: September 13 2017
Do not forget to check the following topics
Last Updated on by