This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on September 16 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Sixteenth September 2017 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : September 16 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : September 16 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :September 16 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently which state government passed a bill to launch the first-ever Odia language university?
- A. Kerala
- B. Odisha
- C. Tamil Nadu
- D. Gujarat
Answer: B – Odisha – Explanation: The Odisha government passed a bill to launch the first-ever Odia language university for post-graduation in literature and linguistics among other subjects. The university which will be established in Bhubaneswar will also devise ways to make Odia script more adaptable to technology.
2. Recently Indian nation celebrates how many anniversary of the Engineers Day in India?
- A. 49th
- B. 35th
- C. 52th
- D. 29th
Answer: A – 49th – Explanation: The Indian nation celebrates Engineer’s Day to mark the 156th birth anniversary of Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvarayya, one of the greatest engineers India produced and a person behind many iconic constructions in India. He will mark the 49th anniversary of the Engineers Day in India.
3. Recently who launch a nationwide campaign ‘Swacchata Hi Sewa’ from Kanpur?
- A. Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- B. President Ram Nath Kovind
- C. Finance Minister Arun Jately
- D. Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj
Answer: B – President Ram Nath Kovind – Explanation: President Ram Nath Kovind will launch a nation wide campaign Swacchata Hi Sewa from Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh. He will administer nation-wide Swachhta Hi Seva pledge initiating parallel action in all the two lakh 50 thousand plus Gram Panchayats and cities in India.
4. Which state is the First Indian State to approve e-vehicle Policy?
- A. Punjab
- B. Haryana
- C. Karnataka
- D. Kerala
Answer: C – Karnataka – Explanation: Karnataka is the first state to roll out an Electric Vehicle and Energy Storage Policy that looks not only at boosting sales of Electrical Vehicles but also setting up charging infrastructure and special manufacturing zones.
5. Which day is observed on September 15th?
- A. International Day for Women
- B. International Day of Democracy
- C. International Literacy Day
- D. International Labor Day
Answer: B – International Day of Democracy – Explanation: The International Day of Democracy is observed on September 15th across the world. The theme of the year 2017 is Democracy and Conflict prevention. This year’s theme of democracy and conflict prevention focuses on the critical need to strengthen democratic institutions to promote peace and stability.
6. Recently India begin high-level talks on Indus Waters Treaty with which country?
- A. Nepal
- B. Bangladesh
- C. Bhutan
- D. Pakistan
Answer: D – Pakistan – Explanation: India and Pakistan on Friday (15 September) started high-level talks on technical issues of the Indus Waters Treaty here, a senior World Bank official said. “These meetings are a continuation of a discussion on how to safeguard the Treaty for the benefit of the people in both countries,” a World Bank spokesperson told PTI.
7. Recently who is elected as the Chair of the IOC Ethics Commission?
- A. Oscar Aguad
- B. Andrei Ravkov
- C. Ban Ki-moon
- D. Hans Peter Doskozil
Answer: C – Ban Ki-moon – Explanation: Former United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon elected as Chair of Ethics Commission of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for a four-year term. He succeeds Youssoupha Ndiaye of Senegal whose term has come to an end.
8. Recently who appointed as CMD of IRCTC?
- A. Mahendra Pratap Mall
- B. M Nagaraja Sharma
- C. Milind Kharat
- D. Mr.Mohit Kumar
Answer: A – Mahendra Pratap Mall – Explanation: Mahendra Pratap Mall has appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) announced on 12th Sept. 2017. He is currently Director (Finance) in the same organisation.
9. Who Launch Mobile Payment Service in India?
- A. Google
- B. Microsoft
- C. Apple
- D. Samsung
Answer: A – Google – Explanation: Google announced to unveil a digital payment service in India that has been developed for the local market. National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) stated that Google had completed the testing of its UPI payment service and was awaiting Reserve Bank of India’s approval to launch its service in the country.
10. Recently which Ministry signed a MoU with Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)?
- A. Ministry of External Affairs
- B. Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- C. Ministry of Public Affairs
- D. Ministry of Consumer Affairs
Answer: B – Ministry of Corporate Affairs – Explanation: Corporate Affairs Ministry and Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) signed a Memorandum of understanding (MoU) for automatic and regular exchange of information to curb the menace of shell companies, money laundering and black money in the country.
11. Recently which Motor company tied up with Rolls-Royce Power Systems?
- A. TATA Motors
- B. Force Motors
- C. Hindustan Motor Limited
- D. EICHER Motor Limited
Answer: B – Force Motors – Explanation: Pune-based auto firm Force Motors Limited entered into a non-binding joint venture agreement with Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG to produce engines for power generation and rail application and complete power generation systems, including spare parts, for Indian and global markets.
12. Recently which country starts producing world’s most expensive coffee?
- A. Nepal
- B. China
- C. India
- D. Bangladesh
Answer: C – India – Explanation: On 11th September 2017, India has started producing ‘Civet Coffee’ the most expensive coffee in the world, in Karnataka.
13. Recently which bank ties up with microfinance industry association ‘Sa-Dhan’?
- A. HSBC Bank
- B. Bank of America
- C. IDBI Bank
- D. UBI Bank
Answer: A – HSBC Bank – Explanation: Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) entered into an agreement with microfinance industry association Sa-Dhan to develop a digital ecosystem for India’s unbanked segment.
14. Which bank becomes the second most valuable company on BSE?
- A. HDFC Bank
- B. Bandhan Bank
- C. EXIS Bank
- D. ICICI Bank
Answer: A – HDFC Bank – Explanation: On 12th September 2017, HDFC Bank became the second most valuable company in BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange), in India, in terms of market capitalisation.
15. Recently which state government launches “Maha Mission 1 Million”?
- A. Gujarat
- B. Punjab
- C. Madhya Pradesh
- D. Maharashtra
Answer: D – Maharashtra – Explanation: Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on 15th September launched the ‘Maharashtra Mission 1 Million’ initiative under which over 10 lakh students across the state will play football. It is the first time in the country and Maharashtra to support was decided by Tawde.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: September 16 2017
Do not forget to check the following topics
Last Updated on by