This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on September 17 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Seventeenth September 2017 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : September 17 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : September 17 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :September 17 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently Ministry of Railways permits ________________ as one of the prescribed proofs of Identity for Rail Travel Purpose.
- A. Pan Card
- B. m-Aadhar
- C. Voter Card
- D. Ration Card
Answer: B – m-Aadhar – Explanation: On September 13,2017 Railway Ministry has decided to permit m-Aadhar as one of the prescribed proofs of Identity for Rail Travel purpose in any reserved class. It’s a mobile application launched by UIDAI in which a person can download his/her Aadhar Card.
2. Recently which commission rolls out application process for institutes seeking status of eminence?
- A. National Council For Teacher Education
- B. University Grants Commission
- C. Department of School Education & Literacy
- D. Indian Institute of Management
Answer: B – University Grants Commission – Explanation: On September 12, 2017, The University Grants Commission (UGC) announced the beginning of a 90-day application process for public and private universities to seek the status of institutions of eminence, which will provide them freedom from the regular regulatory mechanisms. Twenty institutions (10 public and 10 private) will be given this status with the aim of making it in par with world-class institutions.
3. The name of the Constitutional law expert and Senior Advocate who recently passed away?
- A. Gopal Subramaniam
- B. PP Rao
- C. K K Venugopal
- D. K Parasaran
Answer: B – PP Rao – Explanation: On September 13, 2017, Senior Supreme Court Lawyer and Constitutional expert PP Rao passed away at New Delhi due to cardiac arrest. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan.
4. Recently who lay the foundation stone for New Regional Vocational Training Centre for Women?
- A. Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu
- B. President Ram Nath Kovind
- C. Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- D. Finance Minister Arun Jately
Answer: A – Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu – Explanation: Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu lay the foundation stone for New Regional Vocational Training Centre for Women on September 16. On this occasion, Skill Development Minister Dharmendra Pradhan will also mark his presence.
5. Two hydro-electric projects in Arunachal Pradesh to be commissioned in ______.
- A. 2018
- B. 2019
- C. 2020
- D. 2022
Answer: A – 2018 – Explanation: The North Eastern Electric Power Corporation (NEEPCO) its two hydro-electric projects in Arunachal Pradesh are on the verge of completion and they would be commissioned next year. The commissioning of the 600 MW Kameng Hydro Electric Project and the 110 MW Pare Hydro Electric Project was delayed by about a couple of months due to floods and landslides.
6. India’s First Centre for Animal Law set up at ____________.
- A. Nasik
- B. Hyderabad
- C. Bangalore
- D. Bhopal
Answer: B – Hyderabad – Explanation: India’s first Centre for Animal Law established at the city-based NALSAR University of Law. Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi inaugurated the centre according to a release issued by Humane Society International (HSI).
7. Recently Mindtree opens first global Digital Pumpkin innovation hub in which country?
- A. U.S
- B. Australia
- C. Japan
- D. China
Answer: A – U.S – Explanation: On 12th September 2017, Mindtree, a Bengaluru based multinational company inaugurated its first international Digital Pumpkin innovation hub at Warren, New Jersey, in US.
8. Recently LGBT rights activist Edith Windsor passed away at the age of
- A. 85
- B. 82
- C. 88
- D. 92
Answer: C – 88 – Explanation: Gay rights activist Edith Windsor, whose same-sex marriage fight led to a landmark US ruling, passed away on 12 September 2017. She was 88. It was Windsor’s efforts that Supreme Court struck down the Defense of Marriage Act in 2013, granting same-sex married couples federal recognition for the first time.
9. India has been ranked ________ on Global Human Capital Index 2017 released by World Economic Forum (WEF).
- A. 105
- B. 100
- C. 103
- D. 150
Answer: C – 103 – Explanation: India has been ranked 103 on Global Human Capital Index 2017 released by World Economic Forum (WEF). India has scored the least among the BRICS countries.
10. Recently which companies’ co-founder Brian Acton Leaves Company to start a non-profit venture?
- A. WhatsApp
- B. Facebook
- C. Instagram
- D. Wechat
Answer: A – WhatsApp – Explanation: Brian Acton, the co-founder of WhatsApp has announced to resign from the company to start a non-profit venture of his own. Acton spent eight years with WhatsApp, which Facebook bought in 2014 for $19 billion in cash and stock.
11. Which country retains top in 2017 Global Financial Centres Index?
- A. China
- B. Japan
- C. London
- D. South Africa
Answer: C – London – Explanation: On 11th September 2017, Global Financial Centres Index 2017 was released, in which London has retained its 1 rank despite major issues regarding Brexit.
12. Recently who awarded by the National level Rajbhasha Keerti Award?
- A. A Jayathilak
- B. Arundhati Roy.
- C. Vikram Seth
- D. Raja Rao
Answer: A – A Jayathilak – Explanation: The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) awarded National level Rajbhasha Keerti Award for the third consecutive year. MPEDA Chairman A Jayathilak received the award from Honourable President Ram Nath Kovind.
13. Recently who received a Global Diversity Award at Britain’s House of Commons?
- A.Sahrukh Khan
- B. Salman Khan
- C. Amir Khan
- D. Akshay Kumar
Answer: B – Salman Khan – Explanation: Salman Khan received a Global Diversity Award at Britain’s House of Commons. The Global Diversity Award is given to people of immense stature in terms of diversity in the world, and he is certainly one of them. The Being Human NGO is run by the Salman Khan.
14. Which state wins Chief Minister’s cup at National kickboxing championship?
- A. Punjab
- B. Gujarat
- C. Kerala
- D. Maharashtra
Answer: D – Maharashtra – Explanation: Maharashtra has won the Chief Minister’s cup at National kickboxing championship. It has 45 gold medals. The National kickboxing championship is being held in Raipur. Chhattisgarh secured second position with 27 gold and Haryana secured third position with 15 gold medals.
15. Recently which South African all rounder announced his retirement from Tests and First class cricket?
- A. Hashim Amla
- B. JP Duminy
- C. Imran Tahir
- D. David Miller
Answer: B – JP Duminy – Explanation: JP Duminy, who played 46 Tests for South Africa since 2008, announced his retirement from the longer format of the game ahead of South Africa’s series against Bangladesh.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: September 17 2017
Do not forget to check the following topics