This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on September 24 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Twentyfour September 2017 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : September 24 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : September 24 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :September 24 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Which state became the first state in India to introduce electric buses?
- A. Haryana
- B. Gujarat
- C. Himachal Pradesh
- D. Punjab
Answer: C – Himachal Pradesh – Explanation: Himachal Pradesh became the first state in India to introduce electric buses. The Transport Minister GS Bali flagged off India’s first electric bus on the 51 kms long Manali-Rohtang Pass. With this initiative Himachal becomes first in the world to ply electric buses at an altitude of 13 thousand feet.
2. PM Narendra Modi inaugurates how many infrastructure projects in Varanasi?
- A. 15
- B. 12
- C. 21
- D. 17
Answer: D – 17 – Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi during two-day visit to his Parliamentary Constituency of Varanasi, will inaugurate 17 infrastructure projects including the Ramnagar-Samne Ghat bridge and the Balua Ghat bridge, and lay the foundation of nearly six projects including Ramna Sewage Treatment Plant.
3. 6 feet tall Durga idol displayed at Kolkata Hotel, is made of how many kilogram of chocolate?
- A. 600Kg
- B. 500 Kg
- C. 300 Kg
- D. 200 Kg
Answer: A – 600 Kg – Explanation: To celebrate Durga Puja, a six-feet tall Durga idol made of 600 kg of chocolate was put on display at a Kolkata hotel. The idol, which will be on display till September 29, was made by 3 people under the guidance of pastry chef Sunil in 56 hours.
4. India’s first Scorpene class submarine, INS Kalvari, was delivered to the Indian Navy by
- A. Reliance Defence
- B. Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited
- C. Bharat Forge
- D. Larsen & Toubro
Answer: B – Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited – Explanation: The first of the Scorpene class submarines, INS Kalvari, was delivered to the Indian Navy by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL). Kalvari is named after the dreaded Tiger Shark, a deadly deep sea predator of the Indian Ocean.
5. Which Airways becomes the World’s First Airline to launch Double beds in Business Class?
- A. Qatar Airways
- B. Singapore Airways
- C. Indian Airways
- D. Etihad Airways
Answer: A – Qatar Airways – Explanation: Qatar Airways has put double beds in the business class sections of aeroplanes from London to Doha in Qatar. Such cabins, called Qsuites will be rolled out next in flights from Paris and New York.
6. Recently Catalyst E2 Max electric bus set a World Record by driving how much km on a single charge?
- A. 570 Km
- B. 771 Km
- C. 658 Km
- D. 877 Km
Answer: B – 771 Km – Explanation: US-based electric vehicles manufacturer Proterra’s Catalyst E2 Max electric bus has set a world record by driving 1,771 km (1,101 miles) on a single charge, at the Navistar Proving Grounds in Indiana. E2 Max bus is 40 feet long and has a battery with 660 kWh capacities.
7. Recently businesswoman and heiress of cosmetics giant L’Oreal passed away at the age of
- A. 95
- B. 92
- C. 94
- D. 83
Answer: C – 94 – Explanation: French businesswoman and heiress of cosmetics giant L’Oreal Liliane Bettencourt, 94, has died. In March 2017, Forbes ranked Bettencourt the world’s richest woman, putting her net worth at $39.5 billion.
8. Recently which Country’s largest bank to sell its life insurance unit to AIA Group for 3 billion dollar?
- A. Japan
- B. Australia
- C. India
- D. Russia
Answer: B – Australia – Explanation: Hong Kong-based AIA Group has agreed to buy the life insurance unit of Australia’s largest bank, “Commonwealth Bank of Australia”, for $3 billion. This acquisition would make AIA the biggest life insurer in Australia and New Zealand, with 13 million customers.
9. Eluga Ray 500 which is recently launched, is the first dual camera phone of
- A. Samsung
- B. Lenovo
- C. Panasonic
- D. Sony
Answer: C – Panasonic – Explanation: Panasonic India introduced its first Dual camera phone, the Eluga Ray 500 which lets the user switch between the 120 degree ultra-wide 8MP and 13 MP rear camera for the perfect shot. Eluga Ray 500 features a 5 inch HD IPS Display with a sleek 2.5D curved design.
10. The world’s largest aircraft ‘Stratolaunch’ which has a 385-feet wingspan, built by Paul Allen who is the Co-founder of
- A. Microsoft
- B. Oracle
- C. Google
- D. Apple
Answer: A – Microsoft – Explanation: The world’s largest aircraft ‘Stratolaunch’ which has a 385-feet wingspan, built by Microsoft Co-founder Paul Allen has completed its first engine test. This Plane can carry up to 250 tonnes of cargo and is capable of launching rockets.
11. Recently who buys engineers from HTC in $ 1.1- billion deal?
- A. Microsoft
- B. Google
- C. Facebook
- D. Apple
Answer: B – Google – Explanation: Google is making another big buy into smartphone hardware — or at least the people responsible for creating it. The company has just confirmed that it plans to acquire part of HTC’s mobile division team for $1.1 billion.
12. Which film has been selected as India’s official entry in the Best Foreign Language Film category at Oscars 2018?
- A. Dangal
- B. Newton
- C. Simran
- D. Queen
Answer: B – Newton – Explanation: The Rajkummar Rao starrer black comedy bollywood film ‘Newton’ has been selected as India’s official entry in the Best Foreign Language Film category at Oscars 2018. Directed by Amit V Masurkar. The Film Federation Of India (FFI) confirmed this nomination.
13. who appointed as NPCI interim Board chairman?
- A. B Sambamurthy
- B. M Balachandran
- C. Vani Sarraju
- D. Mukesh Sah
Answer: D – B Sanbamurthy – Explanation: The Board of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), the umbrella organisation for allretail payment systems in the country, today announced theunanimous appointment of B Sambamurthy as interim Chairman of the Board.
14. Which country invited for 2022 Asian Games for 1st time in history?
- A. Brazil
- B. Australia
- C. Bangladesh
- D. Japan
Answer: B – Australia – Explanation: Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) invited Australia to compete at Asiad (Asian Games) in 2022, for the first time.
15. Recently which Indian Spinner to take a hat-trick in ODI cricket during the second match of the ongoing series against Australia at Eden Gardens, Kolkata?
- A. Yuzvendra Chahal
- B. Ravindar Jadeja
- C. Ravichandran Ashwin
- D. Kuldeep Yadav
Answer: D – Kuldeep Yadav – Explanation: Chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav (22-year-old from Kanpur) became the first Indian spinner to take a hat-trick in ODI cricket during the second match of the ongoing series against Australia at Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: September 24 2017
Do not forget to check the following topics