This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on September 26 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Twentysix September 2017 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : September 26 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : September 26 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :September 26 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently in which place TRIFED organised National Workshop on Minimum Support Price for Minor Forest Produce?
- A. New Delhi
- B. Mumbai
- C. Lucknow
- D. Guwahati
Answer: A – New Delhi – Explanation: On 25th September 2017, TRIFED (Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India) organised a National Workshop on Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Minor Forest Produce (MFP), in New Delhi.
2. India ranked _____________ in nuclear power installations by the World Nuclear Industry Status Report 2017.
- A. Fourth
- B. Second
- C. Third
- D. First
Answer: C – Third – Explanation: India has been ranked third in the world with respect to number of nuclear reactors being installed, by the World Nuclear Industry Status Report 2017, which was released in September 2017.
3. Recently which country has joined with India and US to conduct a joint trade and investment show for the first time, in Delhi?
- A. Pakistan
- B. Afghanistan
- C. Bangladesh
- D. China
Answer: B – Afghanistan – Explanation: On 27th to 29th September 2017, India, US and Afghanistan will conduct a joint trade and investment show for the first time, in Delhi. The event will be inaugurated by Afghanistan CEO Dr.Abdullah.
4. What is the name of the Foundation who recently signs a MoU with IISc to enhance infrastructure and broaden research activities?
- A. Tata Foundation
- B. Reliance Foundation
- C. Infosys Foundation
- D. Maruti Suzuki Foundation
Answer: C – Infosys Foundation – Explanation: On 25th September 2017, Infosys Foundation signed a MoU with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. The MoU between Infosys Foundation and Indian Institute of Science aims to improve infrastructure and broaden research activities at the Centre for Infectious Diseases Research (CIDR).
5. Recently in which state new underground water treatment plant commissioned?
- A. Manipur
- B. Mizoram
- C. Nagaland
- D. Tripura
Answer: D – Tripura – Explanation: Under the state Urban Development department in Tripura, a new underground water treatment plant has been commissioned at Sadhutilla in the southern part of Agartala inaugurated on 23rd of Sept. 2017.
6. Which country’s women were allowed to attend national day celebrations at a sports stadium?
- A. Qatar
- B. Saudi Arabia
- C. Afghanistan
- D. Oman
Answer: B – Saudi Arabia – Explanation: On 23rd September 2017, Saudi Arabian women were allowed to attend celebrations at a sports stadium in Riyadh, for the first time in its history. Women were allowed to enter a sports stadium for the first time in Saudi Arabia’s history to attend Saudi Arabia’s national day celebrations.
7. With which country Pakistan hold a two-week long military exercise?
- A. Russia
- B. China
- C. Japan
- D. Myanmar
Answer: A – Russia – Explanation: Pakistan and Russia will hold a two-week long military exercise which mainly focus on counter-terrorism operations. It enhances defence ties between the two countries. The joint exercise DRUZBA 2017 between Special Forces of Pakistan and Russia Armies started in Minralney Vody, Russia.
8. Recently SBI opens new branch in which country?
- A. Singapore
- B. Malaysia
- C. Philippines
- D. Jordan
Answer: A – Singapore – Explanation: On 25th September 2017, State Bank of India (SBI) opened its sixth branch in Singapore. SBI launched its 6th branch in Ang Mo Kio area of Singapore.
9. Recently which bank launches Chatbot to help customers in banking activities?
- A. United Bank of India
- B. State bank of India
- C. Industrial Development Bank of India
- D. Union bank of India
Answer: B – State Bank of India – Explanation: On 25th September 2017, SBI (State bank of India) launched a Chatbot (chat assistant) to respond and answer customer enquiries. The chat assistant is named as SBI Intelligent Assistant (SIA).
10. Recently who receive Sarala award for ‘Kathapua’?
- A. Sitakant Mahapatra
- B. Banaj Devi
- C. Rabi Singh
- D. Bhanuji Rao
Answer: B – Banaj Devi – Explanation: Banaj Devi, famous Odia poet and short story writer is to be awarded Sarala award for her short story compilation ‘Kathapua’ on 26th October 2017.
11. Recently Angela Merkel won a fourth term as chancellor in which country’s elections?
- A. Russia
- B. Greece
- C. Germany
- D. France
Answer: C – Germany – Explanation: Angela Merkel won a fourth term as chancellor in Germany elections that lifted the far-right party Alternative for Germany into parliament for the first time since the immediate aftermath World War II.
12. Recently who elected as the president of the Punjab Cricket Association?
- A. Rajinder Gupta
- B. Navjot Singh Sidhu
- C. Mukesh Ambani
- D. Kapil Dev
Answer: A – Rajinder Gupta – Explanation: Leading industrialist Rajinder Gupta was elected as the president of the Punjab Cricket Association on 23rd of Sept. 2017. Singla, Rakesh Rathour, Prof S M Verma and Amarinder Bindra were elected as the vice presidents of the PCA.
13. Recently which team wins 8th consecutive Calcutta Football League Title?
- A. East Bengal
- B. Mohun Bagan
- C. Mohammedan sporting club
- D. Eastern Railway Football Club
Answer: A – East Bengal – Explanation: On 24th September 2017, East Bengal won the Calcutta Football League (CFL) title for the 8th consecutive time at the Kanchenjunga Stadium, in Siliguri, West Bengal.
14. Recently who clinched up the women’s singles U-19 title at the Belgian Junior Open?
- A. P.V Sindhu
- B. Vaishnavi Reddy
- C. Saina Nehwal
- D. Jwala Gutta
Answer: B – Vaishnavi Reddy – Explanation: Indian shuttler Vaishnavi Reddy clinched up the women’s singles U-19 title at the Belgian Junior Open.Reddy defeated Vivien Sandorhazi in a three-game final at Herstal, Belgium on 24th of Sept. 2017.
15. which country has become no. 1 spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC) One-Day International (ODI) rankings?
- A. South Africa
- B. Australia
- C. India
- D. England
Answer: C – India – Explanation: India beat Australia by 5 wickets in the third ODI played between the two sides at Indore. Now India is the no. 1 spot in the International Cricket Council (ICC) One-Day International (ODI) rankings.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: September 26 2017
Do not forget to check the following topics
Last Updated on by