This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on September 27 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Twentyseven September 2017 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : September 27 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : September 27 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :September 27 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi launched a new scheme, Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana _________to carry out electrification of all households in India.
- A. Saubhagya
- B. Parivahan
- C. Matriva Vandana
- D. Vaya Vandana
Answer: A – Saubhagya – Explanation: On 25th September 2017, Prime Minister Mr.Narendra Modi launched a new scheme, Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana –‘Saubhagya’, to carry out electrification of all households in India.
2. Recently where the 2nd India-Indonesia Biennial Trade Ministers’ Forum Meeting was held?
- A. Patna
- B. Guwahati
- C. New Delhi
- D. Gandhi Nagar
Answer: C – New Delhi – Explanation: On 25th September 2017, the 2nd India-Indonesia Biennial Trade Ministers’ Forum Meeting was held in New Delhi. Mr.Suresh Prabhu, Minister of Commerce and Industry of India, and Mr.Enggartiasto Lukita, Minister of Trade of the Republic of Indonesia participated in the meet.
3. Recently which government launches Vision-2025 project?
- A. Kerala
- B. Karnataka
- C. Punjab
- D. Gujarat
Answer: B – Karnataka – Explanation: On 25th September 2017, Karnataka government launched Vision-2025 project, in Karnataka. This project aims at developing a draft policy for development of Karnataka in the next 7 years based on the opinion of the public.
4. The name of the Chief Minister who recently declares 2017 as e-pragati year?
- A. Mamata Banerjee
- B. Yogi Aditya Nath
- C. Nitish Kumar
- D. N.Chandrababu Naidu
Answer: D – N.Chandrababu Naidu – Explanation: On 21st September 2017, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Mr.N.Chandrababu Naidu declared 2017 as e-pragati year, while inaugurating a training programme for government officials at Vijayawada.
5. Which Airport Becomes First in India to Provide Wheelchair Lift?
- A. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata
- B. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad
- C. Indira Gandhi International Airport , New Delhi
- D. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai
Answer: B – Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, Hyderabad – Explanation: Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi International Airport became the first airport in the country to introduce a wheelchair lift or Verti-lift on 24th of Sept. 2017. The lift was installed as part of the Accessible India Campaign.
6. Which Port in Gujarat renamed as Deendayal Port?
- A. Kandla Port
- B.Navlakhi Port
- C. Mandavi Port
- D. Veraval Port
Answer: A – Kandla Port – Explanation: The Ministry of Shipping has renamed Kandla Port Trust as Deendayal Port Trust with effect from 25th of September 2017. The Ministry of Shipping issued the required notification on the closing of the yearlong centenary celebrations of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
7. Who was the president of 72nd Regular Session of UN General Assembly was held at UN Headquarters, in New York?
- A. Peter Thomson ,Fiji
- B. Joseph Deiss , Switzerland
- C. Miroslav Lajcak, Slovakia
- D. Mogens Lykketoft , Denmark
Answer: C – Miroslav Lajcak, Slovakia – Explanation: On 12th to 25th September 2017, the 72nd Regular Session of UN (United Nations) General Assembly (UNGA 72) was held at UN Headquarters, in New York. The President of the 72nd session of the UNGA is Mr.Miroslav Lajcak.
8. Which country’s Navy successfully test-fired an anti-ship missile from a helicopter in the northern Arabian Sea?
- A. China
- B. Japan
- C. Pakistan
- D. Nepal
Answer: C – Pakistan – Explanation: On 23rd September 2017, Pakistan Navy successfully test-fired an anti-ship missile from a helicopter in the northern Arabian Sea. The anti-ship missile was fired from Pakistan Navy helicopter Sea King into the open sea.
9. Where did India launch a ’Incredible India’ campaign to attract Egyptian travelers?
- A. Cairo
- B. Luxor
- C. Aswan
- D. Giza
Answer: A – Cairo – Explanation: India has launched a campaign on 24th Sept. 2017 to attract Egyptian travellers and make them aware of alluring holiday options in the country. The campaign will run on five routes in East, Middle, North, South and Giza parts of Cairo Metropolitan area.
10. Who is the chair person of Economic Advisory Council (EAC)?
- A. Bibek Debroy
- B. Ratan Watal
- C. Surjit Bhalla
- D. Rathin Roy
Answer: A – Bibek Debroy – Explanation: On 25th September 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi reconstituted the Economic Advisory Council (EAC) under the Chairmanship of Bibek Debroy. Bibek Debroy is an economist and member of NITI Aayog.
11. Recently which Bank revises Service Charges on maintaining Monthly Average Balance?
- A. ICICI Bank
- B. State Bank of India
- C. Union Bank of India
- D. United Bank of India
Answer: B – State bank of India – Explanation: On 25th September 2017, SBI (State Bank of India) reduced service charges for not maintaining monthly average (MAB) balance by 20-50%. The minimum balance requirement in metro centres are reduced to Rs.3,000.
12. Which Bank will partner with e-commerce firms to provide automated payday loan-type credit to customers at the bottom of the digital pyramid?
- A. ICICI Bank
- B. Axis bank
- C. HDFC Bank
- D. Bandhan Bank
Answer: A – ICICI Bank – Explanation: ICICI Bank will partner with e-commerce firms to provide automated payday loan-type credit to customers at the bottom of the digital pyramid. The digital credit planned by the bank will be available to non-customers and new-to-credit borrowers.
13. Who has ranked eighth in the Hurun India rich list 2017?
- A. Acharya Balkrishna
- B. Shiv Nadar
- C. Radhakishan Damani
- D. Azim Premji
Answer: A – Acharya Balkrishna – Explanation: Acharya Balkrishna, the associate of Baba Ramdev-run FMCG company Patanjali and Radhakishan Damani of D-Mart are among the top 10 rich people in the country. Balkrishna has ranked eighth in the Hurun India rich list 2017.
14. Recently who has been selected for the Living Legend Award of the International Union of Nutritional Sciences ((IUNS)?
- A. Bulusu Lakshmana Deekshatulu
- B. Udupi Ramachandra Rao
- C. Mahtab Bamji
- D. Roddam Narasimha
Answer: C – Mahtab Bamji – Explanation: A noted scientist, Mahtab Bamji has been selected for the Living Legend Award of the International Union of Nutritional Sciences ((IUNS). The award will be presented at its General Assembly to be held at the IUNS-ICN in Buenos Aires, Argentina on 18th October.
15. Recently who has been appointed as a Chairman and Managing Director of India’s biggest oil and gas producer, ONGC?
- A. Virendra Kumar
- B. Shashi Shanker
- C. Rajni Kant Mishra
- D. Rakesh Srivastava
Answer: B – Shashi Shanker – Explanation: Shashi Shanker has been appointed Chairman and Managing Director of India’s biggest oil and gas producer, ONGC, till March 2021.
16. Recently who hit the fastest one-day international century on English soil?
- A. Hasim Amla
- B. Kieron Pollard
- C. Moeen Ali
- D. Yuvraj Singh
Answer: C – Moeen Ali – Explanation: England’s Moeen Ali scored 61 runs off 14 balls including 8 sixes and 2 fours to record the fastest ODI hundred against Windies on 24th Sept. 2017.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: September 27 2017
Do not forget to check the following topics