This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on September 28 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Twentyeight September 2017 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : September 28 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : September 28 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :September 28 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Indian Navy commissions INS __________ a Water Jet Fast Attack Craft at Mumbai.
- A. INS Tarasa
- B. INS Vikrant
- C. INS Kalvari
- D. INS Chakra
Answer: A – INS Tarasa – Explanation: On 26th September 2017, INS Tarasa, a Water Jet Fast Attack Craft (FAC) was commissioned into the Indian Navy by Vice Admiral Girish Luthra, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Naval Command at the Naval Dockyard, in Mumbai.
2. Recently with which country the Union Cabinet has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the oil and gas sector?
- A. Ukraine
- B. Belarus
- C. Romania
- D. Hungary
Answer: B – Belarus – Explanation: The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Belarus in the oil and gas sector. The MoU was signed on 12th September 2017 during the visit of President of Belarus to India.
3. Recently who launches Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt System in New Delhi?
- A. Mr.Ram Vilas Paswan
- B. Mr. Arun Jately
- C. Mr. Prakash Javedakar
- D. Mr. Nitin Gadkadi
Answer: A – Mr.Ram Vilas Paswan – Explanation: On 26th September 2017, Mr.Ram Vilas Paswan, Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution launched the Web Portal of Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA) and Electronic Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (e-NWR) System, in New Delhi.
4. Recently which state signs MoU with South Korea for Infrastructure Projects?
- A. Gujarat
- B. Maharashtra
- C. Punjab
- D. Haryana
Answer: B – Maharashtra – Explanation: On 26th September 2017, The Maharashtra Government signed a MoU with South Korea for increased co-operation in infrastructure projects like development of smart cities, roads, airports and metros.
5. Recently Israel to boost ‘White Revolution’ in which state?
- A. Rajasthan
- B. Assam
- C. Haryana
- D. Bihar
Answer: C – Haryana – Explanation: On 25th September 2017, Mr.Uri Ariel, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of Israel, announced that Israel will provide increased support to Haryana’s White Revolution, in Israel.
6. Recently Vice President Mr.M.Venkaiah Naidu inaugurates ‘Crusade for Toilets’ in which state?
- A. Kerala
- B. Tamil Nadu
- C. Jammu and Kashmir
- D. Karnataka
Answer: D – Karnataka – Explanation: On 26th September 2017, Vice President, Mr.M.Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the ‘Shouchalayakkagi Samara’ (A Crusade for Toilets) Programme, in Karnataka.
7. Which country marked 1st position by the Global Competitiveness Report 2017?
- A. China
- B. Switzerland
- C. Bhutan
- D. Netherlands
Answer: B – Switzerland – Explanation: On 27th September 2017, World Economic Forum (WEF) released the Global Competitiveness Report, in Switzerland. Switzerland occupies the 1st position in the list.
8. Which country has obtained the highest rank among the South Asian countries in the Global Competitiveness Report released by World Economic Forum (WEF)?
- A. Nepal
- B. Sri Lanka
- C. Bhutan
- D. India
Answer: D – India – Explanation: India has obtained the highest rank among the South Asian countries. Categorically, India has scored 29th rank in Innovation, 66th rank in Infrastructure, 75th rank in Higher Education and Training and 107th rank in Technological Readiness.
9. World Tourism Day observed on __________.
- A. 27th September
- B. 26th September
- C. 24th September
- D. 28th September
Answer: A – 27th September – Explanation: The World Tourism Day is celebrated across the world on 27th of September. The theme for World Tourism Day 2017 is ‘Sustainable Tourism – a Tool for Development’.
10. Which Bank launches ‘Project Nishchay’ to improve financial performance?
- A. Axis Bank
- B. IDBI Bank
- C. Union Bank
- D. UCO Bank
Answer: B – IDBI Bank – Explanation: On 26th September 2017, IDBI Bank launched ‘Project Nishchay’ in partnership with Boston Consulting Group (BCG) to improve its turnaround programme and financial performance.
11. Recently which state secured the 1st position in manufacturing emergence in India, according to a study conducted by the non-governmental industry body ‘Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)’?
- A. Gujarat
- B. Punjab
- C. Maharashtra
- D. Haryana
Answer: C – Maharashtra – Explanation: On 26th September 2017, Maharashtra secured the 1st position in manufacturing emergence in India, according to a study conducted by the non-governmental industry body ‘Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)’.
12. Recently which Classical singer chosen for Bhimsen Joshi award?
- A. Manik Bhide
- B. Usha Parkhi
- C. Sunanda Patnaik
- D. Vinod Kumar Dwivedi
Answer: A – Manik Bhide – Explanation: On 26th September 2017, famous vocalist Manik Bhide was chosen for the prestigious Bharatratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi award for the year 2017-18, for her contribution to the field of music. The Bhimen Joshi Award is given by the Maharashtra government.
13. Recently who sworn in as Angola’s first new president in 38 years?
- A. Paulo Kassoma
- B. Joao Lourenco
- C. Marcolino Moco
- D. Lopo do Nascimento
Answer: B – Joao Lourenco – Explanation: Joao Lourenco has been sworn in as president of Angola, becoming the first new leader in the oil-rich southern African nation in almost four decades.
14. Name the senior IAS officer along with Shri Deenanath Pathak has written the book ‘A to Z of Financial Management in Autonomous Institutions’ which was released by N Chandrababu Naidu.
- A. Y.S. Chowdary
- B. Ashok Gajapathi
- C. Rajat Bhargava
- D. G Manoharan
Answer: C – Rajat Bhargava – Explanation: The book titled “A to Z of Financial Management in Autonomous Institutions” is authored by Dr. Rajat Bhargava and Shri Deenanath Pathak. Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu has released the book ‘A to Z of Financial Management in Autonomous Institutions’, written by senior IAS officer Rajat Bhargava.
15. India to host South Asian boxing Championship in which city?
- A. Chandigarh
- B. Guwahati
- C. Hyderabad
- D. Patna
Answer: B – Guwahati – Explanation: The Boxing Federation of India (BFI) has presented its 2017-18 calendar which includes the prestigious South Asian Championship to be held in Guwahati from December 6-10 announced on 26th of Sept. 2017.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: September 28 2017
Do not forget to check the following topics
Last Updated on by