Current Affairs Quiz : September 29 2017 Question And Answers
This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on September 29 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Twentynine September2017 are drifted here as a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download this “Current Affairs Quiz : September 29 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz September 29 2017
Current Affairs Quiz : September 29 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free inPDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :September292017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently Government of India has collaborated with which country in the fields of health security, rail safety and health co-operation respectively?
A. US, Japan and Norway
B. China, Nepal and Norway
C. Bhutan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka
D. China, Japan and US
Answer: A – US, Japan and Norway – Explanation: Government of India has collaborated with US, Japan and Norway in the fields of health security, rail safety and health co-operation respectively. Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare signed a ‘Letter of Intent’ with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
2. Recently Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) started a monthly program to enable the public to obtain information related to Adoption, what is the name of the program?
A. ‘Jan Bhawna’
B. ‘Jan Sampark’
C. ‘Jan Pratinidhi’
D. ‘Jan Jivan’
Answer: B – ‘Jan Sampark’ – Explanation: On 27th September 2017, the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) started a monthly ‘Jan Sampark’ program to enable the public to obtain information related to Adoption, in New Delhi.
3. Recently which Cabinet approves Bio-Tech Policy and Anti-Superstition Bill?
Answer: C – Karnataka – Explanation: On 27th September 2017, Karnataka Cabinet approved the state Bio-Technology Policy 2017-22 and Anti-Superstition Bill, in Bengaluru. Bio-Tech Policy for 2017-22 will enable further development in the Biotechnology sector in Karnataka.
4. Recently which state inks pact with German firm for land use planning project?
A. Tamil Nadu
C. Himachal Pradesh
D. Uttar Pradesh
Answer: A – Tamil Nadu – Explanation: On 27th September 2017, Tamil Nadu signed a joint technical co-operation agreement with Germany-based GIZ, to carry out ‘land use planning and management project’, in Tamil Nadu.
5. 20th – 28th September 2017 which festival celebrated in Telangana?
A. Chhath Puja
B. Losar Festival
Answer: D – Bathukamma – Explanation: On 20th – 28th September 2017, Bathukamma, one of the major festivals of Telangana and some parts of Andhra Pradesh was celebrated. This festival is celebrated for nine days days during the Durga Navaratri celebrations before Dussehra.
6. Recently which government scraps Dadupur Nalvi canal scheme?
C. Madhya Pradesh
Answer: A – Haryana – Explanation: The Haryana Cabinet under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has approved a proposal of Irrigation and Water Resources Department to announce 1,019.2994 acres of land acquired for construction of Dadupur Nalvi Irrigation Scheme.
7. Recently which country completely destroyed its chemical military weapons?
Answer: A – Russia – Explanation: On 27th September 2017, Russia completely destroyed its chemical military weapons, in the southwest of Russia. Mikhail Babich, Chairman of the State Commission on Chemical Disarmament, stated that the chemical weapons elimination process was completed.
8. India launches Access India Programme (AIP) to attract which country’s investments?
Answer: B – UK – Explanation: On 27th September 2017, India launched the Access India Programme (AIP) to attract investments from small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the UK, in London.
9. Which Bank sells 9 % stake in SIDBI?
A. Union Bank
B. IDBI Bank
C. Axis Bank
D. UCO Bank
Answer: B – IDBI Bank – Explanation: On 27th September 2017, IDBI Bank said that it has sold 9 % stake in Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI). The amount for which the 9 % stake was sold is undisclosed.
10. India’s GDP growth to fall to ________ Percent in the financial year 2017-18.
Answer: C – 6.7% – Explanation: On 27th September 2017, India Ratings lowered the growth forecast for the current financial year to 6.7 % from 7.4 % estimated earlier. India Ratings has pointed out the reasons for this downfall as demonetisation and GST (Goods & Services Tax) implementation.
11. Recently which Bank opened its first Aadhaar centre at Sanjaynagar branch in Bengaluru?
A. Karnataka Bank
B. Canara Bank
C. Bandhan Bank
D. HDFC Bank
Answer: A – Karnataka Bank – Explanation: Karnataka Bank has opened its first Aadhar Enrollment and Updation Centre at Sanjaynagar Branch Bengaluru announced on 26th Sept. 2017. The Bank will be coming out with eighty such Aadhar Enrollment cum modification centres across India in a phased manner.
12. Recently Which Air service tied up with Punjab National Bank (PNB) and IndusInd Bank to secure loans of Rs.3,250 crore?
A. Jet Airways
B. Air India
D. Air Asia
Answer: B – Air India – Explanation: On 27th September 2017, Air India tied up with Punjab National Bank (PNB) and IndusInd Bank to secure loans of Rs.3,250 crore.
13. Recently how many young scientists selected for Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award 2017?
Answer: A – 10 – Explanation: On 26th September 2017, ten scientists were awarded Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize, at a function held at Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), in New Delhi. The event was conducted by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).President Mr.Ram Nath Kovind presided over the function.
14. Recently which state bags comprehensive development of tourism award?
B. West Bengal
Answer: C – Gujarat – Explanation: Gujarat was named the best state for Comprehensive Development of Tourism at the National Tourism Awards presented by President Ram Nath Kovind on 27th Sept. 2017.
15. To which country Shri Mridul Kumar has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India ?
Answer: D – Malaysia – Explanation: Shri Mridul Kumar an IFS of 1992 batch presently Joint Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Malaysia.
16. Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games 2017 held in which country?
Answer: B – Turkmenistan – Explanation: On 17th – 27th September 2017, the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games 2017, was held at Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. This is the 5th edition of the Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games.