This page is all about Current Affairs Quiz on September 30 2017. All the recent incidents which were held on Thirty September 2017 are drifted here as
a multiple choice question answers i.e. MCQ. Candidate can download
this “Current Affairs Quiz : September 30 2017″ Question Answers in PDF file.
Current Affairs Quiz : September 30 2017 Question And Answers
Hello Aspirants. you can download this current affairs for Free in PDF format. Just register here and download this Current Affairs Quiz :September 30 2017. This PDF covers all the important topics which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
1. Recently who said that, the government is finalising the Electoral Bonds Scheme, in New Delhi?
- A. Urjit Patel
- B. Arun Jately
- C. Sushma Swaraj
- D. Harsh Vardhan
Answer: B – Arun Jately – Explanation: On 28th September 2017, Finance Minister Mr.Arun Jaitley said that, the government is finalising the Electoral Bonds Scheme, in New Delhi. Mr.Arun Jaitley announced this at a book release, named ‘India@70 Modi@3.5’.
2. Directorate General of Quality Assurance (DGQA) celebrated Diamond Jubilee to mark how many years of its existence?
- A. 60
- B. 70
- C. 80
- D. 90
Answer: A – 60 Years – Explanation: On 28th September 2017, Directorate General of Quality Assurance (DGQA) celebrated Diamond Jubilee to mark 60 years of its existence.
3. Indian Railways to launch 100 new suburban rail services in which city?
- A. Delhi
- B. Bangalore
- C. Mumbai
- D. Kolkata
Answer: C – Mumbai – Explanation: On 29th September 2017, Indian Railways launched 100 new local train services on its Mumbai suburban network of Western Railway and Central Railway zones. Out of the 100 new services, 32 will be introduced on Western Railway and 68 train services will be introduced on Central Railway portion of Mumbai local.
4. Where will be the third India International Science Festival held in October 2017?
- A. Kolkata
- B. Hyderabad
- C. Chennai
- D. Kanpur
Answer: C – Chennai – Explanation: The third India International Science Festival will be held in Chennai next month announced on 28th Sept. 2017. Prominent scientists from the government are expected to participate in the four-day festival which will be held from October 13-16 at IIT-Chennai.
5. Recently with which University Indian Army signs MoU for Academic Collaboration?
- A. University of Calicut
- B. Jamia Millia Islamia University
- C. Aligarh Muslim University
- D. University of Rajasthan
Answer: B – Jamia Millia Islamia University – Explanation: Indian Army and Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMIU), New Delhi has signed MoU for Academic Collaboration, technical advancement and progression of Army Personnel announced on 29th Sept. 2017.
6. Recently which country operationalises its first radar-evading stealth fighter J-20?
- A. China
- B. Japan
- C. Brazil
- D. US
Answer: A – China – Explanation: On 28th September 2017, China announced the commissioning of its first radar-evading J-20 stealth fighter jets into military service, in Beijing. The Chengdu J-20 is China’s fourth-generation medium and long-range fighter jet.
7. Playboy magazine founder Hugh Hefner recently passed away at the age of
- A. 85 Years
- B. 91 Years
- C. 73 Years
- D. 87 Years
Answer: B – 91 Years – Explanation: Hugh Hefner, the founder of Playboy Enterprises, has passed away at the age of 91 on 27th Sept. 2017. Playboy Enterprises was born in Chicago on April 9th, 1926, he was the son of Methodists, served as a noncombatant in World War II.
8. September 29 observed on which day?
- A. World Heart Day
- B. World Health Day
- C. World Kidney Day
- D. World AIDS Day
Answer: A – World Heart day – Explanation: The World Heart Federation (WHF) organizes the World Heart Day, an international campaign on September 29th every year. Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) including strokes are responsible for half of all Non-Communicable Diseases making it world’s number one killer.
9. Recently which Bank launches ‘cashback’ home loans?
- A. HDFC Bank
- B. Axis Bank
- C. ICICI Bank
- D. IDBI Bank
Answer: C – ICICI Bank – Explanation: On 28th September 2017, ICICI Bank launched a new home loan product that offers 1 % cash-back for every EMI (Equated Monthly Instalment) during the entire loan period. The EMI cash-back is available for fresh home loans with minimum period of 15 years.
10. Recently with which company Chinese firm ZTE signed a MoU for 5G Technology?
- A. Airtel
- B. BSNL
- C. Reliance JIO
- D. Vodafone
Answer: B – BSNL – Explanation: On 27th September 2017, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Chinese firm, ZTE, at India Mobile Congress (IMC), in New Delhi.
11. Recently who has been selected for the 2017 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize?
- A. Linda Guzzella
- B. Tariq Ramadan
- C. Maryna Viazovska
- D. Walter kalin
Answer: C – Maryna Viazovska – Explanation: Maryna Viazovska of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland has been selected for the 2017 SASTRA Ramanujan Prize announced on 28th of Sept. 2017. The prize also recognizes her outstanding PhD thesis of 2013 at the University of Bonn in which she resolved significant cases of the Gross-Zagier Conjecture and her work prior to her PhD with A.
12. What are the two Airports awarded as Best Airports under National Tourism Awards 2015-16?
- A. Goa International Airport and Calicut International Airport
- B. Srinagar International Airport and Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur
- C. Cochin International Airport and Bengaluru International Airport
- D. Pune Airport and Agra Airport
Answer: B – Srinagar International Airport and Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur – Explanation: On 27th September 2017, Srinagar International Airport, Jammu & Kashmir and Swami Vivekananda Airport, Raipur, Chhattisgarh were jointly awarded the National Tourism Awards 2015-16, in New Delhi.
13. Recently who has been appointed as the CEO of Tata Capital?
- A. Rajiv Sabharwal
- B.Rajeev Suri
- C. Shantanu Narayen
- D. Sunil Bharti Mittal
Answer: A – Rajiv Sabharwal – Explanation: Tata Capital has announced the appointment of Rajiv Sabharwal as CEO & Managing Director, Designate of Tata Capital Limited on 28th Sept. 2017. Sabharwal will be joining Tata Capital in January 2018. He would be succeeding Managing Director & CEO Praveen P Kadle who will be assuming other responsibilities in the Tata Group effective April 1, 2018.
14. Who has been appointed as the first woman Proctor to the BHU (Banaras Hindu University)?
- A. Ashwini Tripathi
- B. Riya Singh
- C. Royana Singh
- D. Isha Goel
Answer: C – Royana Singh – Explanation: The Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has appointed Royana Singh as the first woman as its chief proctor of the institution on 28th of Sept. 2017. Royana would be succeeding O.N. Singh, who resigned on 26 September. The appointment was approved by Vice Chancellor Girish Chandra Tripathi.
15. How many Indian shuttlers are in top-20 of men’s badminton rankings for 1st time?
- A. 3
- C. 4
- D. 5
Answer: D – 5 – Explanation: Five Indians are in top-20 of men’s badminton rankings for 1st time, PV Sindhu No.2 in the world. This is the second time in her career that Sindhu, the Olympics silver medallist, occupied the second spot.
Video Current Affairs Quiz: September 30 2017
Do not forget to check the following topics