Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT 2017) is an mandatory entrance test and candidates have to take the test if they want to take admission in the courses offered by the Cochin University of Science and Technology.
- 1 CUSAT CAT 2017
- 1.1 CUSAT CAT 2017 Exam Date
- 1.2 CUSAT CAT 2017 Eligibility
- 1.3 CUSAT CAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- 1.4 CUSAT CAT 2017 Courses
- 1.5 CUSAT CAT 2017 Fees Details
- 2 CUSAT CAT 2017 Syllabus
- 3 Contact Details
CUSAT CAT 2017
- Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT 2017), popularly known as CUSAT 2017 is an entrance examination. The test is conducted for the admission of the candidates in undergraduate level programmes in the field of engineering, science and law, conducted by the University. The final selection of the candidates is done on the basis of their performances in the CUSAT 2017, which is followed by counseling.
CUSAT CAT 2017 Exam Date
University itself conducts the test.
CUSAT CAT 2017 Eligibility
- B. Tech-Students seeking admission should have cleared the higher secondary examination of Kerala or equivalent with at least 50% marks in Maths. An aggregate of 50% marks in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics is also required for admission.
- B.Tech in Instrumentation– Candidates willing to take admission in B.Tech Instrumentation should have passed the State of Kerala 10+2 examination or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks in maths. An aggregate of 60% marks in all the three subjects Chemistry, Physics and mathematics is also required.
- B.Tech in Marine Engineering– Pass in 10+2 or equivalent with at least 50% marks in English. Candidates should also have a minimum PCM average of 60%.
- 5 Year LLB (Hons)-Candidates from the science and commerce streams should have a score of 60% in the 10+2 examination. Humanities students are required to have a minimum percentage of 55% marks. Candidates should be less than 21 years of age as on 1st January of the year of admission.
CUSAT CAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- The Test comprises two papers mathematics and (Physics and Chemistry).
- Each of these papers consists of 125 objective type questions.
- Physics and Chemistry (plus two level) paper maintains a ratio of 3:2.
- All candidates applying for any of the following first degree programmes in Engineering and Technology have to necessarily take both the papers.
- The CAT score will be calculated as per the formula, S = 3R – 1W, where S is the CAT score, R is the number of right answers and W is the number of wrong answers.
- Negative marks will be given for each wrong answer.
CUSAT CAT 2017 Courses
- Bachelor of Technology (B Tech)
- Master of Science (M Sc) in Photonics
- BBA LLB (Hons)
- Master of Busines Administration (MBA)
CUSAT CAT 2017 Fees Details
For All Courses Other Than Diploma/Certificate Programmes
General category candidates Rs850/-, SC/ST Category candidates Rs375/-, Candidates who apply under NRI Quota(for B. Tech Programmes only)Rs5850/-
For Diploma/Certificate Programmes
General category candidates Rs100/-, SC/ST Category candidates Rs50/-
For B Tech Lateral Entry Programmes
General category candidates Rs850/-, SC/ST Category candidates Rs375/-
For all courses US$10
CUSAT CAT 2017 Syllabus
- This is a common entrance test for all, therefore , there is no any specific syllabus for the test. They follow the basic syllabus of 10+2 standard examination. Candidates should have good knowledge about the following topics:
CUSAT CAT 2017 Dates
These are important dates for Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test (CUSAT) 2017
- Online Registration starts from January, 2017
- Last date for Online Registraition February, 2017
- Start date to download Admit Card March to April 2017
- CUSAT date April, 2017
|Address||Cochin University of Science & Technology, Cochin-22, Kerala, India|
|Phone||91-484-2862255 / 56 / 57 / 58|
|Test Period||Cochin University of Science and Technology Common Admission Test (CUSAT 2017) is generally held in Month of April|
Be the first to leave a review.