Delhi GK & Current Affairs 2018 Question Answers PDF Download. This page will deals with Delhi Current Affairs GK question answers that means student of Delhi state can get their latest General Knowledge question on their states, villages, cities e.t.c.
- 1 Delhi GK & Current Affairs 2018
- 1.1 Delhi GK (General Knowledge)
- 1.2 Delhi GK Question Answers
- 1.2.1 Who is responsible for the Administration in New Delhi?
- 1.2.2 What is India Gate? Who Build it and Why?
- 1.2.3 What is the world’s tallest brick minaret?
- 1.2.4 Which Temple claimed to be one of the five temples of Mahabharata days in Delhi?
- 1.2.5 Where is the Indraprastha?
- 1.2.6 What’s Red Fort / Lal Kila? Where it’s located?
- 1.3 Delhi Current Affairs 2018 Question Answers
Delhi GK & Current Affairs 2018
The following Delhi General Knowledge & Current Affairs 2018 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) question answers will be updated every month. This will helps all the candidates for preparing any Delhi govt. Jobs 2018 even Delhi state basis exam, where question comes from Delhi states only like BE TET .
Delhi GK (General Knowledge)
1 Feb 1992
Number of Districts
Name of Lt. Governor
Current Chief Minister
Population & Rank (2011)
16,314,838 & 2nd Rank
Delhi GK Question Answers
Who is responsible for the Administration in New Delhi?
- New Delhi is jointly administered by the federal government of India and the local government of Delhi, and is the capital of the NCT of Delhi.
What is India Gate? Who Build it and Why?
- he India Gate, (originally called the All India War Memorial), is a war memorial located astride the Rajpath, on the eastern edge of the ‘ceremonial axis’ of New Delhi, formerly called Kingsway.
- India gate is a memorial to 82,000 soldiers of the undivided British Indian Army who died in the period 1914–21 in the First World War.
- The All-India War Memorial in New Delhi was designed by Edwin Lutyens.
What is the world’s tallest brick minaret?
- The Qutub Minar is the world’s tallest brick minaret at 72.5 metres, built by Qutb-ud-din Aibak of Turkic Slave dynasty in 1192.
Which Temple claimed to be one of the five temples of Mahabharata days in Delhi?
- The ancient Yogmaya Temple, claimed to be one of the five temples of Mahabharata days in Delhi.
Where is the Indraprastha?
- Indraprastha (“City of Indra”) was the capital of the kingdom led by the Pandavas in the Mahabharata epic. It is often thought to have been located in the region of present-day New Delhi but there is no certainty. The city is sometimes also known as Khandavaprastha, the name of a forest region on the banks of Yamuna river.
What’s Red Fort / Lal Kila? Where it’s located?
- The Red Fort was the residence of the Mughal emperor of India for nearly 200 years, until 1857. It is located in the centre of Delhi and houses a number of museums.
- Constructed in 1648 by the fifth Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan
Delhi Current Affairs 2018 Question Answers
What is the name of maiden Non-Profit organization is directly affiliated to World Olympians Association (WOA) which was introduced in New Delhi?
- Ans: D.OAI
In order to bring harmony and to look after the former & current Olympic athletes, A maiden Non-Profit organization named Olympians Association of India has been introduced on July 4 in New Delhi.
The ALL Ladies League (ALL) organized the Women Economic Forum (WEF) 2016 held in which state/UT with Goal of Energize women’s entrepreneurship and leadership? (May 2016)
- Answer : New Delhi
Name the Indian city which hosted the first-ever World Sufi Forum, which was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 17 March 2016. (March 2016)
- Answer : New Delhi
Who presented the Delhi state budget for the year 2016-17? (March 2016)
- The state budget for Delhi was presented.Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia.
During Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2016 event, which of the following has been voted as the “Best Restaurant in India” ? (March 2016)
- Indian Accent
Explanation – For the second time in a row, Indian Accent, New Delhi has been voted the “Best Restaurant in India” at the Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2016 event in Bangkok.
In a significant attempt towards prevention of cervical cancer, which state govt has launched the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination as a public health programme ? (March 2016)
- Answer – Delhi
Which Airlines flew the first longest all women flight on March 8? (March 2016)
- Air India
Explanation : Air India on Monday flew its first world’s longest all women flight from New Delhi to San Francisco. The flight flew for 17 hours covering 14,500 kms.
What was the duration of time for 67th Republic Day celebration at Rajpath in New Delhi? (Jan 2015)
- Correct Answer – 90 minutes
Delhi Assembly has passed how many education bills, that will regulate the refund of excess fees at private institutions? (Dec. 2015)
- Answer – B.3
Which is the first metro service in the country to be certified with the prestigious International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) rating for efficient energy management? (Nov. 2015)
- Answer – Delhi metro
Which city has been decided as venue of 13th World Robot Olympiad to be Held in November, 2016 ? (Nov. 2015)
- Answer – Delhi metro
What is the theme for first Women of India Organic Mela that begins at Dilli Haat in New Delhi ? (Nov. 2015)
- Answer – Women and organic Products
The former Chief Justice of Delhi High Court AP Shah has been appointed by which of the following governing body as its ethics officer (ombudsman) ? (Nov. 2015)
- Answer – Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
Which FM channel has launched India’s first airport radio in Delhi? (October 2015)
- Answer D. Radio Mirchi
Who has been appointed as the first male member of Delhi based National Commission for Women (NCW)? (October 2015)
- Answer Alok Rawat
Who has been designated as the 4th Lokayukta or anti-graft ombudsman of Delhi? (October 2015)
- Answer : Justice Reva Khetrapal
Where is the 3rd India-Africa summit going to held from October 26 – October 30? (October 2015)
- Answer New Delhi
Where is the 2nd Asia Partnership Meeting on Disaster Risk Reduction held? (October 2015)
- Answer . New Delhi
Who inaugurated the India Africa Friendship Rose garden in New Delhi ahead of the third India Africa Summit? (October 2015)
- Answer B. Sushma Swaraj
As announced by the Union Tribal Affairs Minister Shri Jual Oram, where is the first National Tribal Carnival going to held in February 2016? (October 2015)
- Answer New Delhi
Where is the International summit on medical value travel named “Advantage Healthcare India, 2015” is organized from 5th to 7th October, 2015? (October 2015)
- Answer New Delhi
As announced by Delhi Transport Minister Gopal Rai, which date will be observed as “car free day” across Delhi from next year? (October 2015)
- Answer D. September 22
Central government approved the setting up of an Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC) as a society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. The centre will be located in? (September 2015)
- Answer New Delhi at Institute for Physically Handicapped
Under the National Tourism Awards for 2013-14, Delhi bagged the prize under category “Best Heritage Walk” for which of the heritage sites in Delhi? (September 2015)
- Answer B. Mehrauli Archaeological Park
National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) has signed MOU with which university for establishing a Centre for Excellence in Disaster Research ? (August 2015)
- Answer Jawaharlal Nehru university
Headquarter of Bharti Airtel Limited? (August 2015)
- Answer D. New Delhi
Which State Govt launches country’s first witness Protection Scheme? (August 2015)
- Answer B. Delhi
Which of the roads of Delhi is to be named after Abdul Kalam? (August 2015)
- Answer A. Aurangzeb Road
On which of the following freedom fighter’s birthday occasion Narendra Modi launched commemorative coin of 100 rupees and circulation coin of 5 rupees in New Delhi ? (August 2015)
- Answer D. Rani Gaidinliu
Delhi government launches new taxi scheme named- (August 2015)
- Answer A. City Taxi
Don not forget to check the following topics