CATE (Common Aptitude Test for English) is an entrance exam for admission to its undergraduate level programme, B.A. English (Hons).
Combined Aptitude Test for English (CATE)
The Delhi University (DU) Combined Aptitude Test for English (CATE), introduced by the Department of English, University of Delhi in 2009, is a centralized test meant to evaluate a student’s aptitude for the study of H (Hons) English ordered by the University From their experience, most teacher of English in the colleges of’ the University of Delhi have realized that a candidate’s performance in the Class XII is not a good indicator of historic aptitude for studying literature in English.
[box title=”QUICK LINKS“]
Until a few years back, a number of colleges offering HA( Hons) English used to admit students through entrance tests in their nspecliw colleges. However, the University administration felt that too many individual college tests put undue pressure on candidates, who had to run around from collage to college attempting these tests.
After the individual tests were scrapped. some colleges got together at the initiative of the Department of’ English, UnivLrsity of Delhi, and following long deliberations among teachers from the colleges, the University Deportment and officials of the University, the Combined Aptitude Test for English (CATE) was developed.
The inaugural CATE was held in 2018, with twelve colleges participating in the process. A CATE committee was duly constituted comprising members of the University Department and teachers from colleges. Once the process begin. the Committee was overwhelm by the response More than 600 candidates appeared for the test in 2019 and in 2011 the number had increased to nearly 10000. The number of participating colleges has also gone up to 21.
DU CATE Exam Date:
- Normally the exam held in the month of June.
- The exam was last conducted on 08-06-2012.
- Current is on HOLD, BUT University might just bring it back.
CATE Application Form:
- The applications will be availed in the month of May The last date for filled application will be 31st of May. The exam will commences in June .
- Delhi University Common Aptitude Test (DU CATE) is one of the prominent tests conducted by the university, for admission to undergraduate programmes offered by its affiliated colleges.
- The University of Delhi conducts this entrance test to examine the aptitude of the students for studying English language and literature.
- The University has not prescribed any particular syllabus for Delhi University Common Aptitude Test. However, students are recommenced to study Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) syllabus of the English subject, thoroughly.
- The main focus of the candidates, while preparing for this entrance test, should be on practicing questions based on English literature and grammar.
Question Pattern Pattern
- The question paper will consist of two parts.
- Part 1 will comprise multiple choice questions (MCQs) and
- Part 2 of descriptive-answer type questions. Students will attempt both sections in the same sitting.
DU CATE Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent, from any recognized state/national Board.
- Candidates are required to have passed the qualifying examination with not less than 60% marks in the subject of English.
- If you are waiting for your class 12th results you’re still eligible to apply for this programme.
- General category candidates should have a minimum of 45% marks in the class XII board examinations.
DU CATE Previous Year Question Papers
- Here you can find all of the Delhi University CATE previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for B.A Entrance preparation. This Year on 2015 DU CATE written test was NOT conducted , the paper is not available with us. Any Candidates who has Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
|Previous Year||Download Link|
DU CATE Exam Model Papers 2018:
- JbigDeaL provides Sample Question Papers with answers for 2018 for DU CATE Test Exam 2018 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in DU CATE related exams.
|Sample Paper||Download Link|
Online Practice Test:
- DU CATE MCQ Questions Answers for DU CATE Entrance Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
List of Colleges DU CATE Exam
- Zakir Hussain
- Zakir Hussain(E)
- Swami Shraddhanand
- Satyawati (E)
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
- Kamla Nehru
- Maharaja Agrasen
- Lady Shri Ram
- Miranda House
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh
- Shyama Prasad Mukheriee
- Bharti College
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce
- Deshbandhu College
- Hindu College
- Indraprastha College for Women
- Kamala Nehru College
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- Maharaj Agrasen College
- Miranda House
- Satyawati College (Evening)
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College
- Shivaji College
- Shyam Lal College
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College
- Swami Sharddhanand College
- Zakir Husain College
- Zakir Husain College (Evening)