Example of Bloom‟s Taxonomy (BT) Pattern and Example of one tier and two tier multiple choice types question answers.
Some entrance exam in India are based on Bloom‟s Taxonomy Pattern. They examine the subject knowledge ability, comprehension ability and critical analysis ability. The questions are one tier and two tier multiple choice types.
Example of Bloom’s Taxonomy MCQs
Bloom’s Taxonomy – Knowledge Ability questions
Outcome: Identifies the meaning of a term.
Question 1 : Reliability is the same as:
- (A) Consistency.
- (B) Relevancy.
- (C) Representativeness.
- (D) Usefulness.
In the area of Physical Science,
Question 2: Which one of the following definitions
describes the term “polarization”?
- (A) The separation of electric charges by friction.
- (B) The ionization of atoms by high temperatures.
- (C) The interference of sound waves in a closed chamber.
- (D) The excitation of electrons by high frequency light.
Outcome: Identifies the order of events.
Question 3: What is the first step in constructing an achievement test?
- (A) Decide on test length.
- (B) Identify the intended learning outcomes.
- (C) Prepare a table of specifications.
- (D) Select the tem types to use.
Bloom‟s Taxonomy : Comprehension Ability questions
Outcome: Identifies an example of a term.
Question 1: Which one of the following statements contains a specific determiner?
- (A) America is a continent.
- (B) America was discovered in 1492.
- (C) America has some big industries.
- (D) America„s population is increasing.
Outcome: Interprets the meaning of an idea.
Question 5: The statement that “test reliability is a necessary but not sufficient condition of test validity” means that:
- (A) a reliable test will have a certain degree of validity.
- (B) a valid test will have a certain degree of reliability.
- (C) a reliable test may be completely invalid
- (D) a valid test completely unreliable.
Blooms Taxonomy Application Ability questions
Outcome: Distinguishes between properly and improperly stated outcomes
Question 1: Which one of the following learning outcomes is properly stated in terms of student performance?
- (A) Develops an appreciation of the importance of testing.
- (B) Writes appropriate test questions.
- (C) Realizes the importance of validity.
- (D) Understands the concepts.
Outcome: Tests for the application of previously acquired knowledge (the various memory systems).
Question 2: Which one of the following memory systems does a piano-tuner mainly use in his occupation?
- (A) Echoic memory
- (B) Short-term memory
- (C) Long-term memory
- (D) Mono-auditory memory
Blooms Taxonomy Analysis questions
Outcome: Recognizes unstated assumptions.
Question 1: Which one of the following unstated assumptions is this teacher making?
- (A) Students go to school to learn.
- (B) Teachers use essay tests primarily.
- (C) Tests make no contribution to learning.
- (D) Tests do not indicate a student‟s absolute level of learning.
Outcome: Identifies the meaning of specific testing instruments.
Question 2: Which one of the following types of test is this teacher primarily talking about?
- (A) Diagnostic test.
- (B) Formative test.
- (C) Pretest.
- (D) Summative test.
One & Two tier MCQs Question Answers
- Two-Tier MCQs are similar in format to traditional MCQs but as the name suggests, they contain a second tier of questioning associated with the main question.
- The aim of the second tier is to promote higher thinking and reasoning skills among students.
- The first tier of the question usually pertains to a knowledge statement while the second element of the question facilitates the testing of the students learning beyond recall and into the higher levels of think.
- Two-Tier MCQs increase the validity of MCQs.
Example of Two Tier MCQ 1
Question: Why did the solution finally become colorless?
- (A) Copper has formed a precipitate.
- (B) Zinc is more reactive than copper (II) sulfate.
- (C) The copper (II) sulfate has completely reacted.
- (D) Zinc has dissolved, just like sugar dissolves in water.
The reason for the answer is:
- 1. Zinc ions are soluble in water.
- 2. Zinc loses electrons more readily than copper.
- 3. Soluble, blue Cu2+ ions have formed insoluble, reddish-brown copper atoms.
- 4. In aqueous solution Cu2+ ions produce a blue solution, while Zn2+ ions produce a colorless solution.
Example of Two Tier MCQ 2
Four oranges are squeezed to make six glasses of juice. How much juice can be made from six oranges? (Assume that all the oranges are the same size.)
- (A) 7 glasses
- (B) 8 glasses
- (C) 9 glasses
- (D) 10 glasses
The reason for the answer is:
- 1. The number of glasses compared to the number of oranges will always be in the ratio 3-
- 2. With more oranges, the differences will be less.
- 3. The difference in the number will always be two.
- 4. With four oranges the difference was 2. With six oranges the difference would be two more .
- 5. There is no way to predicting.
- Sarkari Naukri Recruitment 2019 Today
- Latest Govt Jobs Notification 2019
- Latest Govt. Jobs in Last 7 Days
- General Knowledge Quiz (Mock Test)
- Month Wise Latest General Knowledge (GK) Question Answers 2016
- Reasoning & Aptitude Question Answers
- General English Language Question Answers