GATE Exam 2021 The students who are seeking their admission in Engineering/Technology/Science/Pharmacy/Architecture course at the postgraduate level, have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2016 (GATE 2016).
- GATE 2021 Online Application (GOAPS) (Opening on 03/09/2019)
GATE Exam 2021
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2016 (GATE 2016), is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE 2016, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
- The test is meant for admission into various Postgraduate Programmes in Engineering/Technology/Science/Pharmacy/Architecture offered by several institutes/universities. Some foreign universities have indicated their interest in GATE 2016 qualified candidates.
[button color=”RED” url=”https://www.jbigdeal.in/govt-jobs-gate/”]Govt Jobs through GATE 2016[/button]
- GATE 2016 qualified candidates in the engineering disciplines are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories.
What’s new in GATE 2016?
An online virtual calculator will be available to examinees at the time of examination. No physical calculator will be allowed. The online virtual calculator will be put on GATE 2016 website for practice before the examination. A new paper Petroleum Engineering (PE) is introduced in GATE 2016. With this, the total number of papers is 23.
Examinations for all the 23 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT)
GATE Exam 2021 Date:
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2016 (GATE 2016) is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE 2016, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
- GATE 2016 Exam Date : 30th January to 7th February, 2016
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrolment, Application Filling and Application Submission: 1st September, 2015
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website: 1st October, 2015
- Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login: 20th November, 2015
- Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing: 17th December, 2015
GATE Exam 2021 Application Form:
- All candidates have to apply only ONLINE “GATE 2016”. – GOAPS
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking / debit card/ credit card.
- Check the Status of your application GOAPS
GATE Exam 2021 Eligibility
- Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
- Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE 2021 Exam Pattern
- Examinations for all the 22 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using the virtual keypad. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Numerical Answer Type Questions: The question paper for GATE 2016 will consist of questions of both multiple-choice type and numerical answer type.
- Since a candidate is allowed to appear in ONLY ONE of the 22 papers for which GATE 2016 examination is being held, the candidate has to make the choice of the paper he/she wishes to write carefully.
- There is negative marking and incorrect answers carry negative marks.
- The GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3-hour duration that contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks.
- In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF and XE, the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
GATE Exam 2021 Courses
- Master of Technology (M Tech)
- Master of Architecture (M.Arch)
- Master of Engineering (ME)
- Ph.D/ Doctorate
- Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm)
- Post Graduation Diploma in management (PGDM)
GATE Exam 2021 Syllabus
All the papers will have few questions that test the General Aptitude (Language and Analytical Skills), apart from the core subject of the paper.
The choice of two sections from B to G can be made during the examination after viewing the questions. Only two optional sections can be answered at a time. A candidate wishing to change midway of the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections (B to G).
Like XE Paper
A candidate appearing in the XE paper has to answer the following
- 1. Section A – Engineering Mathematics
2. GA – General Aptitude
3. Any two of XE sections B to G
A candidate appearing in the XL paper has to answer the following
- Section H – Chemistry (compulsory)
- GA – General Aptitude (compulsory)
- Any two of XL sections I to M
The choice of two sections from I to M can be made during the examination after viewing the questions. Only two optional sections can be answered by the candidate. A candidate wishing to change midway of the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections (I to M).
XE Paper Sections
XL Paper Sections
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)||
|Polymer Science and Engineering||
Old Question Paper
GATE Previous Year Question Papers with solution
- Here you can find all of the GATE Previous Year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for engineering entrance preparation. This Year on 2015 GATE written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has GATE Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
Last 20 Year Papers with answers
GATE Exam 2021 Model Papers
- JbigDeaL provides Sample Question Papers with answers for 2016 for GATE Test Exam 2016 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in GATE related exams.
GATE Exam 2021 Online Practice Test:
- GATE MCQ Questions Answers for Engineering Entrance Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of GATE question answers quiz.
GATE 2021 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for GATE 2016 exam preparation where G.K Publisher is a very popular name in this exam, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for GATE Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for GATE 2016 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best GATE books in online you can check below. Or Check above syllabus wise
GATE 2021 Books
GATE 2021 Study Materials
[button color=”red” url=”https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=GATE&tag=httpwwwjlatec-21″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]View Details[/button]
|[button color=”red” url=”https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/search?q=GATE&as=off&as-show=off&affid=INJayChan” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]View Details[/button]|
GATE Exam 2021 Admit Card
- Admit Card: Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post, they can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from 17th December 2015.
- The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification.
- Admit Cards will NOT be sent by post/email. Bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Test Center along with the original and valid photo identification(NO photocopy / scanned copy/NOT expired). Download GATE Admit Card 2016
GATE Exam 2021 Score Card
- After the declaration of the GATE results 2016, candidates can download their GATE 2016 Score Card for the paper (for which he/she has taken the examination).
- The score cards will be issued to: (a) All SC/ST/PwD candidates whose marks are greater than or equal to the qualifying mark of SC/ST/PwD candidates in their respective papers, and (b) All other candidates whose marks are greater than or equal to the qualifying mark of OBC (NCL) candidates in their respective papers.
- The GATE 2016 score cards can be downloaded between March 27, 2016 to May 29,2016 and for that the candidate should access the zonal websites from where he/she has taken the GATE 2016 examination.
GATE Exam 2021Answer Keys
- GATE 2016 Question answer keys will be available for download in IITs websites.
- Please note that in GATE 2015, the examination for all the papers was conducted online (computer based test). It may be noted that numerous random combinations of the shuffled sequence of questions were displayed on the candidate console during the examination.
- The one shown here is only one possible sequence for which the answer keys are provided along side. Please note that the SESSION and SET numbers wherever they appear are for internal consumption only.
- After a week of the exam all GATE Papers Answers Keys 2016 can be download from here also.
GATE 2021 Dates:
These are dates of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Issue of Application Form Offline, September 2015
- Issue of Application Form Online,September 2015
- Last date getting Application Form from Bank counters October 2015
- Last date getting Application Form from GATE offices October 2015
- Last date to submit Application Form online October 2015
- Last date to submit Application Form Offline January, 2016
- Last date to get Admit Card online January 2016
- Last date to get Admit Card offline January 2016
- GATE online examination for paper (GG & TF) January, 2016
- GATE online examination for paper (AE & MN) January, 2016
- GATE offline exam for paper (AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, ME, PH &PI) February, 2016
- GATE offline exam for paper (AG, CG, EC, EE, IN, MA, MT, XE & XL) February, 2016
- Announces of GATE result March, 2016
Indian Institute of Science Bangalore 560 012For Bombay
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400 076
|Test Period||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2016) is generally held in Online: Month of January / Offline: Month of February|