GATE CH Exam 2017 | GATE Chemical Engineering 2017 Syllabus, Eligibility, Last 10 Years question Papers solution, Answers Keys 2016, Mock Test, PDF,: The students who are seeking their admission in also called CH course at the postgraduate level, have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 (GATE 2017).
- 1 GATE CH Exam 2017
- 2 Exam Pattern / Syllabus 2017 :
- 3 Old Paper
- 4 GATE CH Exam 2017 Admit Card:
- 5 GATE CH Exam 2017 Answer Keys
GATE CH Exam 2017
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Chemical Engineering (CH) 2017 (GATE CH 2017), is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE 2017, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
GATE Application Form 2017:
- To apply in GATE Chemical Engineering Exam 2017 all candidates have to apply only ONLINE “GATE 2017“. – GOAPS
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking / debit card/ credit card.
- Check the Status of your application GOAPS
GATE CH Eligibility 2017:
- Bachelor degree holders in Chemical Engineering (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
Exam Pattern / Syllabus 2017 :
GATE Exam Pattern 2017
- GATE Chemical Engineering (CH) Examinations will be conducted in ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- CH page will have 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
- In GATE Chemical Engineering exam 2017 the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% percentage of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- Numerical Answer Type Questions: The Chemical Engineering question paper for GATE 2017 will consist of questions of both multiple-choice type and numerical answer type.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
GATE CH Syllabus 2017
- Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and eigenvectors.
- Calculus: Functions of single variable, Limit, continuity and differentiability, Mean value theorems, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total derivative, Maxima and minima, Gradient, Divergence and Curl, Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
- Differential equations: First order equations (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Laplace transforms, Solutions of one dimensional heat and wave equations and Laplace equation.
- Complex variables: Analytic functions, Cauchy’s integral theorem, Taylor and Laurent series, Residue theorem.
- Probability and Statistics: Definitions of probability and sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Poisson, Normal and Binomial distributions.
- Numerical Methods: Numerical solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equations Integration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule, single and multi-step methods for differential equations.
- Process Calculations and Thermodynamics: Laws of conservation of mass and energy; use of tie components; recycle, bypass and purge calculations; degree of freedom analysis. First and Second laws of thermodynamics. First law application to close and open systems. Second law and Entropy. Thermodynamic properties of pure substances: equation of state and departure function, properties of mixtures: partial molar properties, fugacity, excess properties and activity coefficients; phase equilibria: predicting VLE of systems; chemical reaction equilibria.
- Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations: Fluid statics, Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids, Bernoulli equation, Macroscopic friction factors, energy balance, dimensional analysis, shell balances, flow through pipeline systems, flow meters, pumps and compressors, packed and fluidized beds, elementary boundary layer theory, size reduction and size separation; free and hindered settling; centrifuge and cyclones; thickening and classification, filtration, mixing and agitation; conveying of solids.
- Heat Transfer: Conduction, convection and radiation, heat transfer coefficients, steady and unsteady heat conduction, boiling, condensation and evaporation; types of heat exchangers and evaporators and their design.
- Mass Transfer: Fick’s laws, molecular diffusion in fluids, mass transfer coefficients, film, penetration and surface renewal theories; momentum, heat and mass transfer analogies; stagewise and continuous contacting and stage efficiencies; HTU & NTU concepts design and operation of equipment for distillation, absorption, leaching, liquid-liquid extraction, drying, humidification, dehumidification and adsorption.
- Chemical Reaction Engineering: Theories of reaction rates; kinetics of homogeneous reactions, interpretation of kinetic data, single and multiple reactions in ideal reactors, non-ideal reactors; residence time distribution, single parameter model; non-isothermal reactors; kinetics of heterogeneous catalytic reactions; diffusion effects in catalysis.
- Instrumentation and Process Control: Measurement of process variables; sensors, transducers and their dynamics, transfer functions and dynamic responses of simple systems, process reaction curve, controller modes (P, PI, and PID); control valves; analysis of closed loop systems including stability, frequency response and controller tuning, cascade, feed forward control.
- Plant Design and Economics: Process design and sizing of chemical engineering equipment such as compressors, heat exchangers, multistage contactors; principles of process economics and cost estimation including total annualized cost, cost indexes, rate of return, payback period, discounted cash flow, optimization in design.
- Chemical Technology: Inorganic chemical industries; sulfuric acid, NaOH, fertilizers (Ammonia, Urea, SSP and TSP); natural products industries (Pulp and Paper, Sugar, Oil, and Fats); petroleum refining and petrochemicals; polymerization industries; polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC and polyester synthetic fibers.
GATE CH Exam 2017 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for GATE Chemical Engineering 2017 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for GATE Chemical Engineering Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for GATE CH 2017 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best books in online you can check below.
GATE CH Exam Last 10 Years Question Papers Solution
- Here you can find all of the GATE Chemical Engineering (CH) Exam previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for engineering entrance preparation. This Year on 2015 GATE written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has GATE CH Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
GATE CH Model Papers 2017
- JbigDeaL provides GATE Chemical Engineering Sample Question Papers with answers for 2017 for GATE Test Exam 2017 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in GATE related exams.
GATE CH Online Practice Test:
- GATE CH MCQ Questions Answers for Chemical Engineering Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of GATE CH question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
GATE CH Exam 2017 Admit Card:
- GATE Chemical Engineering Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post, they can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from 17th December 2015, by log-in to GOAPS
- The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification to seat GATE CH Exam 2017.
GATE CH Exam 2017 Answer Keys
- GATE Chemical Engineering 2017 Question answer keys will be available for download in IITs websites.
- After a week of the exam all GATE CH Papers with Answers Keys 2017 can be download from here also.
Be the first to leave a review.