GATE CY Exam 2019 | GATE Chemistry Examination 2019- Syllabus, Eligibility, Previous Year Solution, Papers, Answer Keys, Result 2016, PDF, : The students who are seeking their admission in Chemistry (CY) also called CY course at the postgraduate level, have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2019 (GATE 2019).
GATE CY Exam 2019
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Chemistry (CY) 2019 (GATE CY 2019), is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE 2019, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
GATE Application Form 2019:
- To apply in GATE Chemistry Exam 2019 all candidates have to apply only ONLINE “GATE 2019“. – GOAPS
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking / debit card/ credit card.
- Check the Status of your application GOAPS
GATE CY Eligibility 2019:
- Bachelor degree holders in Chemistry (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
Exam Pattern / Syllabus 2019 :
GATE CY Exam Pattern
- GATE Chemistry (CY) Examinations will be conducted in ONLINE Computer Based Test (CCY).
- CY page will have 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
- In GATE Chemistry exam 2019 General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- Numerical Answer Type Questions: The Chemistry question paper for GATE 2019 will consist of questions of both multiple-choice type and numerical answer type.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
GATE CY Syllabus 2019 :
- GATE Chemistry Syllabus topics is given below. For details GATE CY Syllabus please check GATE official website.
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Calculus, Differential equations, Numerical Methods.
Syllabus for Chemistry (CY)
- Structure: Quantum theory: principles and techniques; applications to a particle in a box, harmonic oscillator, rigid rotor and hydrogen atom; valence bond and molecular orbital theories, Hückel approximation; approximate techniques: variation and perturbation; symmetry, point groups; rotational, vibrational, electronic, NMR, and ESR spectroscopy
- Equilibrium: Kinetic theory of gases; First law of thermodynamics, heat, energy, and work; second law of thermodynamics and entropy; third law and absolute entropy; free energy; partial molar quantities; ideal and non-ideal solutions; phase transformation: phase rule and phase diagrams – one, two, and three component systems; activity, activity coefficient, fugacity, and fugacity coefficient; chemical equilibrium, response of chemical equilibrium to temperature and pressure; colligative properties; Debye-Hückel theory; thermodynamics of electrochemical cells; standard electrode potentials: applications – corrosion and energy conversion; molecular partition function (translational, rotational, vibrational, and electronic).
- Kinetics: Rates of chemical reactions, temperature dependence of chemical reactions; elementary, consecutive, and parallel reactions; steady state approximation; theories of reaction rates – collision and transition state theory, relaxation kinetics, kinetics of photochemical reactions and free radical polymerization, homogeneous catalysis, adsorption isotherms and heterogeneous catalysis.
- Main group elements: General characteristics, allotropes, structure and reactions of simple and industrially important compounds: boranes, carboranes, silicones, silicates, boron nitride, borazines and phosphazenes. Hydrides, oxides and oxoacids of pnictogens (N, P), chalcogens (S, Se & Te) and halogens, xenon compounds, pseudo halogens and interhalogen compounds.
- Shapes of molecules and hard- soft acid base concept. Structure and Bonding (VBT) of B, Al, Si, N, P, S, Cl compounds. Allotropes of carbon: graphite, diamond, C60. Synthesis and reactivity of inorganic polymers of Si and P.
- Transition Elements: General characteristics of d and f block elements; coordination chemistry: structure and isomerism, stability, theories of metal- ligand bonding (CFT and LFT), mechanisms of substitution and electron transfer reactions of coordination complexes. Electronic spectra and magnetic properties of transition metal complexes, lanthanides and actinides. Metal carbonyls, metal- metal bonds and metal atom clusters, metallocenes; transition metal complexes with bonds to hydrogen, alkyls, alkenes and arenes; metal carbenes; use of organometallic compounds as catalysts in organic synthesis. Bioinorganic chemistry of Na, K. Mg, Ca, Fe, Co, Zn, Cu and Mo.
- Solids: Crystal systems and lattices, miller planes, crystal packing, crystal defects; Bragg’s Law, ionic crystals, band theory, metals and semiconductors, Different structures of AX, AX2, ABX3 compounds, spinels.
- Instrumental methods of analysis: Atomic absorption and emission spectroscopy including ICP-AES, UV- visible spectrophotometry, NMR, mass, Mossbauer spectroscopy (Fe and Sn), ESR spectroscopy, chromatography including GC and HPLC and electro-analytical methods (Coulometry, cyclic voltammetry, polarography – amperometry, and ion selective electrodes).
- Stereochemistry: Chirality of organic molecules with or without chiral centres. Specification of configuration in compounds having one or more stereogeniccentres. Enantiotopic and diastereotopic atoms, groups and faces. Stereoselective and stereospecific synthesis. Conformational analysis of acyclic and cyclic compounds. Geometrical isomerism. Configurational and conformational effects on reactivity and selectivity/specificity.
- Reaction mechanism: Methods of determining reaction mechanisms. Nucleophilic and electrophilic substitutions and additions to multiple bonds. Elimination reactions. Reactive intermediates- carbocations, carbanions, carbenes, nitrenes, arynes, free radicals. Molecular rearrangements involving electron deficient atoms.
- Organic synthesis: Synthesis, reactions, mechanisms and selectivity involving the following- alkenes, alkynes, arenes, alcohols, phenols, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids and their derivatives, halides, nitro compounds and amines. Use of compounds of Mg, Li, Cu, B and Si in organic synthesis. Concepts in multistep synthesis- retrosynthetic analysis, disconnections, synthons, synthetic equivalents, reactivity umpolung, selectivity, protection and deprotection of functional groups.
- Pericyclic reactions: Electrocyclic, cycloaddition and sigmatropic reactions. Orbital correlation, FMO and PMO treatments.
- Photochemistry: Basic principles. Photochemistry of alkenes, carbonyl compounds, and arenes. Photooxidation and photoreduction. Di-π- methane rearrangement, Barton reaction.
- Heterocyclic compounds: Structure, preparation, properties and reactions of furan, pyrrole, thiophene, pyridine, indole and their derivatives.
- Biomolecules: Structure, properties and reactions of mono- and di-saccharides, physicochemical properties of amino acids, chemical synthesis of peptides, structural features of proteins, nucleic acids, steroids, terpenoids, carotenoids, and alkaloids.
- Spectroscopy: Principles and applications of UV-visible, IR, NMR and Mass spectrometry in the determination of structures of organic molecules.
GATE CY Exam 2019 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for GATE Chemistry 2019 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for GATE Chemistry Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for GATE CY 2019 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best books in online you can check below.
GATE CY 2019 Books
GATE CY 2019 Study Materials
GATE CY Exam Last 20 Years Question Papers Solution
- Here you can find all of the GATE Chemistry (CY) Exam previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for engineering entrance preparation. This Year on 2019 GATE written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has GATE CY Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
Question Paper 2007
Question Paper 2008
Question Paper 2009
Question Paper 2010
Question Paper 2011
Question Paper 2012
Question Paper 2013
Question Paper 2014
Question Paper 2015
Question Paper 2016
GATE CY Model Papers 2019:
- JbigDeaL provides GATE Chemistry Sample Question Papers with answers for 2019 for GATE Test Exam 2019 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in GATE related exams.
GATE CY Online Practice Test:
- GATE CY MCQ Questions Answers for Chemistry Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of GATE CY question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
GATE CY Exam 2019 Admit Card:
- GATE Chemistry Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post, they can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from 17th December 2015, by log-in to GOAPS
- The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification to seat GATE CY Exam 2019.
GATE CY 2019 Answer Keys
- GATE Chemistry 2019 Question answer keys will be available for download in IITs websites.
- After a week of the exam all GATE CY Papers with Answers Keys 2019 can be download from here also.