GATE EY Exam 2017 | GATE Ecology and Evolution (EY) Examination Application Form, Syllabus, Previous Papers, Result, Books, Answer Keys, Admit Card, Download, Eligibility: The students who are seeking their admission in Ecology and Evolution (EY) also called EY course at the postgraduate level, have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 (GATE 2017).
- 1 GATE EY Exam 2017
- 2 Exam Pattern / Syllabus 2017 :
- 3 Old Papers
- 4 GATE EY Exam 2017 Admit Card:
- 5 GATE EY Exam 2017 Answer Keys
GATE EY Exam 2017
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Ecology and Evolution (EY) 2017 (GATE EY 2017), is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE 2017, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
GATE Application Form 2017:
- To apply in GATE Ecology and Evolution Exam 2017 all candidates have to apply only ONLINE “GATE 2017”. – GOAPS
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking / debit card/ credit card.
- Check the Status of your application GOAPS
GATE EY Eligibility 2017:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc/ Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs. OR B. Arch.OR Bachelor’s degree in Science(Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2) OR M. Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalente .t.c
Exam Pattern / Syllabus 2017 :
GATE EY Exam Pattern
- GATE Ecology and Evolution (EY) Examinations will be conducted in ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- EY page will have 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
- In GATE Ecology and Evolution exam 2017 General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- Numerical Answer Type Questions: The Ecology and Evolution question paper for GATE 2017 will consist of questions of both multiple-choice type and numerical answer type.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
GATE EY Syllabus 2017:
- GATE Ecology and Evolution Syllabus topics is given below. For details GATE EY Syllabus please check GATE official website.
- Ecology: Population ecology; metapopulation dynamics; growth rates; density independent growth; density dependent growth; niche concept; Species interactions: Plant-animal interactions; mutualism, commensalism, competition and predation; trophic interactions; functional ecology; ecophysiology; behavioural ecology.
- Community ecology: Community assembly, organization and evolution; biodiversity: species richness, evenness and diversity indices; endemism; species-area relationships; Ecosystem structure, function and services; nutrient cycles; biomes; habitat ecology; primary and secondary productivity; invasive species; global and climate change; applied ecology.
- Evolution: Origin, evolution and diversification of life; natural selection; levels of selection. Types of selection (stabilizing, directional etc.); sexual selection; genetic drift; gene flow; adaptation; convergence; species concepts; Life history strategies; adaptive radiation; biogeography and evolutionary ecology;
- Origin of genetic variation; Mendelian genetics; polygenic traits, linkage and recombination; epistasis, gene-environment interaction; heritability; population genetics; Molecular evolution; molecular clocks; systems of classification: cladistics and phenetics; molecular systematics; gene expression and evolution.
- Mathematics and Quantitative Ecology: Mathematics and statistics in ecology; Simple functions (linear, quadratic, exponential, logarithmic, etc); concept of derivatives and slope of a function; permutations and combinations; basic probability (probability of random events; sequences of events, etc); frequency distributions and their descriptive statistics (mean, variance, coefficient of variation, correlation, etc).
- Statistical hypothesis testing: Concept of p-value; Type I and Type II error, test statistics like t- test and Chi-square test; basics of linear regression and ANOVA.
- Behavioural Ecology: Classical ethology; neuroethology; evolutionary ethology; chemical, acoustic and visual signaling; Mating systems; sexual dimorphism; mate choice; parenting behaviour Competition; aggression; foraging behaviour; predator–prey interactions; Sociobiology: kin selection, altruism, costs and benefits of group-living.
GATE EY Exam 2017 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for GATE Ecology and Evolution 2017 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for GATE Ecology and Evolution Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for GATE EY 2017 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best books in online you can check below.
GATE EY 2017 Books
GATE EY 2017 Study Materials
GATE EY Previous Year Question Papers with Solution
- Here you can find all of the GATE Ecology and Evolution (EY) Exam previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for engineering entrance preparation. This Year on 2016 GATE written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has GATE Last 10 to 20 Years previous papers with solution can share with us.
Question Paper 2014
Question Paper 2015
Question Paper 2016
GATE EY Model Papers:
- JbigDeaL provides GATE Ecology and Evolution Sample Question Papers with answers for 2017 for GATE Test Exam 2017 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in GATE EY related exams.
|Model Papers will be uploaded soon here|
GATE EY Online Practice Test:
- GATE EY Exam Questions Answers for Ecology and Evolution Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of GATE EY Exam question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
GATE EY Exam 2017 Admit Card:
- GATE Ecology and Evolution Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post, they can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from 17th December 2015, by log-in to GOAPS
- The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification to seat GATE EY Exam 2017.
GATE EY Exam 2017 Answer Keys
- GATE Ecology and Evolution 2017 Question answer keys will be available for download in IITs websites.
- After a week of the exam all GATE EY Papers with Answers Keys 2017 can be download from here also.
Be the first to leave a review.