GATE IN Exam 2019 | GATE Instrumentation Engineering (IN) Examination Syllabus, Previous Papers, Question Solution, Eligibility, Answer Keys, Books, Study Materials, Result 2016: The students who are seeking their admission in Instrumentation Engineering (IN) also called IN course at the postgraduate level, have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2019 (GATE 2019).
GATE IN Exam 2019
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Instrumentation Engineering (IN) 2019 (GATE IN 2019), is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE 2019, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
GATE IN Application Form 2019:
- To apply in GATE Instrumentation Engineering Exam 2019 all candidates have to apply only ONLINE “GATE 2019“. – GOAPS
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking / debit card/ credit card.
- Check the Status of your application GOAPS
GATE IN Eligibility 2019:
- Bachelor degree holders in Instrumentation Engineering (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
GATE Exam Pattern 2019
- GATE Instrumentation Engineering (IN) Examinations will be conducted in ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- GATE Instrumentation Engineering (IN) Examinations the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% percentage of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
GATE IN Exam 2019 Syllabus:
- Linear Algebra: Matrix Algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and eigen vectors.
- Calculus: Mean value theorems, Theorems of integral calculus, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial Derivatives, Maxima and minima, Multiple integrals, Fourier series. Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
- Differential equations: First order equation (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Method of variation of parameters, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Partial Differential Equations and variable separable method.
- Complex variables: Analytic functions, Cauchy’s integral theorem and integral formula, Taylor’s and Laurent’ series, Residue theorem, solution integrals.
- Probability and Statistics: Sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Discrete and continuous distributions, Poisson,Normal and Binomial distribution, Correlation and regression analysis.
- Numerical Methods: Solutions of non-linear algebraic equations, single and multi-step methods for differential equations.
- Transform Theory: Fourier transform,Laplace transform, Z-transform.
- Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems:Kirchoff’s laws, mesh and nodal Analysis. Circuit theorems. One-port and two-port Network Functions. Static and dynamic characteristics of Measurement Systems. Error and uncertainty analysis. Statistical analysis of data and curve fitting.
- Transducers, Mechanical Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation: Resistive, Capacitive, Inductive and piezoelectric transducers and their signal conditioning. Measurement of displacement, velocity and acceleration (translational and rotational), force, torque, vibration and shock. Measurement of pressure, flow, temperature and liquid level.Measurement of pH, conductivity, viscosity and humidity.
- Analog Electronics: Characteristics of diode, BJT, JFET and MOSFET. Diode circuits. Transistors at low and high frequencies, Amplifiers, single and multi-stage. Feedback amplifiers. Operational amplifiers, characteristics and circuit configurations. Instrumentation amplifier. Precision rectifier. V-to-I and I-to-V converter. Op-Amp based active filters. Oscillators and signal generators.
- Digital Electronics: Combinational logic circuits, minimization of Boolean functions. IC families, TTL, MOS and CMOS. Arithmetic circuits. Comparators, Schmitt trigger, timers and mono-stable multi-vibrator. Sequential circuits, flip-flops, counters, shift registers. Multiplexer, S/H circuit.Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog converters. Basics of number system.Microprocessor applications, memory and input-output interfacing. Microcontrollers.
- Signals, Systems and Communications: Periodic and aperiodic signals. Impulse response, transfer function and frequency response of first- and second order systems. Convolution, correlation and characteristics of linear time invariant systems. Discrete time system, impulse and frequency response. Pulse transfer function. IIR and FIR filters. Amplitude and frequency modulation and demodulation. Sampling theorem, pulse code modulation. Frequency and time division multiplexing. Amplitude shift keying, frequency shift keying and pulse shift keying for digital modulation.
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements: Bridges and potentiometers, measurement of R,L and C. Measurements of voltage, current, power, power factor and energy. A.C & D.C current probes. Extension of instrument ranges. Q-meter and waveform analyzer. Digital voltmeter and multi-meter. Time, phase and frequency measurements. Cathode ray oscilloscope. Serial and parallel communication. Shielding and grounding.
- Control Systems and Process Control: Feedback principles. Signal flow graphs. Transient Response, steady-state-errors. Routh and Nyquist criteria. Bode plot, root loci. Time delay systems. Phase and gain margin. State space representation of systems. Mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic system components. Synchro pair, servo and step motors. On-off, cascade, P, P-I, P-I-D, feed forward and derivative controller, Fuzzy controllers.
- Analytical, Optical and Biomedical Instrumentation: Mass spectrometry. UV, visible and IR spectrometry. X-ray and nuclear radiation measurements. Optical sources and detectors, LED, laser, Photo-diode, photo-resistor and their characteristics. Interferometers, applications in metrology. Basics of fiber optics. Biomedical instruments, EEG, ECG and EMG. Clinical measurements. Ultrasonic transducers and Ultrasonography. Principles of Computer Assisted Tomography.
GATE IN Exam 2019 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for GATE Instrumentation Engineering 2019 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for GATE Instrumentation Engineering Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for GATE IN 2019 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best GATE Instrumentation Engineering books in online you can check below.
GATE IN 2019 Books
GATE IN 2019 Study Materials
GATE IN Exam Last 20 Years Question Papers with Solution
- Here you can find all of the GATE Instrumentation Engineering (IN) Exam previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for engineering entrance preparation. This Year on 2016 GATE written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has GATE Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
Question Paper 2007
Question Paper 2008
Question Paper 2009
Question Paper 2010
Question Paper 2011
Question Paper 2012
Question Paper 2013
Question Paper 2014
Question Paper 2015
Question Paper 2016
GATE IN Model Papers 2019:
- JbigDeaL provides GATE Instrumentation Engineering Sample Question Papers with answers for 2019 for GATE Test Exam 2019 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in GATE related exams.
|Model Papers will be uploaded soon here|
GATE IN Online Practice Test:
- GATE IN MCQ Questions Answers for Instrumentation Engineering Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of GATE IN question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
GATE IN Exam 2019 Admit Card:
- GATE Instrumentation Engineering Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post, they can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from 17th December 2015, by log-in to GOAPS
- The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification to seat GATE IN Exam 2019.
GATE IN Exam 2019 Answer Keys
- GATE Instrumentation Engineering 2019 Question answer keys will be available for download in IITs websites.
- After a week of the exam all GATE IN Papers with Answers Keys 2019 can be download from here also.