GATE MA Exam 2019 | GATE Mathematics (MA) Exam 2019 Application Form, Syllabus, GATE MA Previous Papers,GATE GG Result 2019, Books, GATE Mathematics Answer Keys, Admit Card,: The students who are seeking their admission in Mathematics (MA) also called MA course at the postgraduate level, have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2019 (GATE 2019).
GATE MA Exam 2019
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Mathematics (MA) 2019 (GATE MA 2019), is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE 2019, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
GATE MA Application Form 2019:
- To apply in GATE Mathematics Exam 2019 all candidates have to apply only ONLMAE “GATE 2019“. – GOAPS
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking / debit card/ credit card.
- Check the Status of your application GOAPS
GATE MA Eligibility 2019:
- Bachelor degree holders in Mathematics (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
GATE Exam Pattern 2019
- GATE Mathematics (MA) Examinations will be conducted in ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- GATE Mathematics (MA) Examinations the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- GA questions carry a total of 15 marks. The GA section includes 5 questions carrying 1 mark each (sub-total 5 marks) and 5 questions carrying 2 marks each (sub-total 10 marks).
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
GATE MA Syllabus 2019
GATE Mathematics Syllabus topics is given below. For details GATE MA Syllabus please check GATE official website.
- Linear Algebra: Finite dimensional vector spaces; Linear transformations and their matrix representations, rank; systems of linear equations, eigen values and eigen vectors, minimal polynomial, Cayley-Hamilton Theroem, diagonalisation, Hermitian, Skew-Hermitian and unitary matrices; Finite dimensional inner product spaces, Gram-Schmidt orthonormalization process, self-adjoint operators.
- Complex Analysis: Analytic functions, conformal mappings, bilinear transformations; complex integration: Cauchy’s integral theorem and formula; Liouville’s theorem, maximum modulus principle; Taylor and Laurent’s series; residue theorem and applications for evaluating real integrals.
- Real Analysis: Sequences and series of functions, uniform convergence, power series, Fourier series, functions of several variables, maxima, minima; Riemann integration, multiple integrals, line, surface and volume integrals, theorems of Green, Stokes and Gauss; metric spaces, completeness, Weierstrass approximation theorem, compactness; Lebesgue measure, measurable functions; Lebesgue integral, Fatou’s lemma, dominated convergence theorem.
- Ordinary Differential Equations: First order ordinary differential equations, existence and uniqueness theorems, systems of linear first order ordinary differential equations, linear ordinary differential equations of higher order with constant coefficients; linear second order ordinary differential equations with variable coefficients; method of Laplace transforms for solving ordinary differential equations, series solutions; Legendre and Bessel functions and their orthogonality.
- Algebra:Normal subgroups and homomorphism theorems, automorphisms; Group actions, Sylow’s theorems and their applications; Euclidean domains, Principle ideal domains and unique factorization domains. Prime ideals and maximal ideals in commutative rings; Fields, finite fields.
- Functional Analysis:Banach spaces, Hahn-Banach extension theorem, open mapping and closed graph theorems, principle of uniform boundedness; Hilbert spaces, orthonormal bases, Riesz representation theorem, bounded linear operators.
- Numerical Analysis: Numerical solution of algebraic and transcendental equations: bisection, secant method, Newton-Raphson method, fixed point iteration; interpolation: error of polynomial interpolation, Lagrange, Newton interpolations; numerical differentiation; numerical integration: Trapezoidal and Simpson rules, Gauss Legendrequadrature, method of undetermined parameters; least square polynomial approximation; numerical solution of systems of linear equations: direct methods (Gauss elimination, LU decomposition); iterative methods (Jacobi and Gauss-Seidel); matrix eigenvalue problems: power method, numerical solution of ordinary differential equations: initial value problems: Taylor series methods, Euler’s method, Runge-Kutta methods.
- Partial Differential Equations: Linear and quasilinear first order partial differential equations, method of characteristics; second order linear equations in two variables and their classification; Cauchy, Dirichlet and Neumann problems; solutions of Laplace, wave and diffusion equations in two variables; Fourier series and Fourier transform and Laplace transform methods of solutions for the above equations.
- Mechanics: Virtual work, Lagrange’s equations for holonomic systems, Hamiltonian equations.
- Topology: Basic concepts of topology, product topology, connectedness, compactness, countability and separation axioms, Urysohn’s Lemma.
- Probability and Statistics: Probability space, conditional probability, Bayes theorem, independence, Random variables, joint and conditional distributions, standard probability distributions and their properties, expectation, conditional expectation, moments; Weak and strong law of large numbers, central limit theorem; Sampling distributions, UMVU estimators, maximum likelihood estimators, Testing of hypotheses, standard parametric tests based on normal, X2 , t, F – distributions; Linear regression; Interval estimation.
- Linear programming: Linear programming problem and its formulation, convex sets and their properties, graphical method, basic feasible solution, simplex method, big-M and two phase methods; infeasible and unbounded LPP’s, alternate optima; Dual problem and duality theorems, dual simplex method and its application in post optimality analysis; Balanced and unbalanced transportation problems, u -u method for solving transportation problems; Hungarian method for solving assignment problems.
- Calculus of Variation and Integral Equations: Variation problems with fixed boundaries; sufficient conditions for extremum, linear integral equations of Fredholm and Volterra type, their iterative solutions.
GATE MA Exam 2019 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for GATE Mathematics 2019 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for GATE Mathematics Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for GATE MA 2019 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best GATE Mathematics books in online you can check below.
GATE MA 2019 Books
GATE MA 2019 Study Materials
GATE MA Exam Last 20 Years Question Papers with Solution
- Here you can find all of the GATE Mathematics (MA) Exam previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for engineering entrance preparation. This Year on 2015 GATE written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has GATE last 20 Years previous question papers and solution can share with us.
Question Paper 2007
Question Paper 2008
Question Paper 2009
Question Paper 2010
Question Paper 2011
Question Paper 2012
Question Paper 2013
Question Paper 2014
Question Paper 2015
Question Paper 2016
GATE Mathematics Sample Question Papers :
- JbigDeaL provides GATE Mathematics Sample Question Papers with answers for 2019 for GATE Test Exam 2019 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in GATE related exams.
GATE MA Online Practice Test:
- GATE MA MCQ Questions Answers for Mathematics Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of GATE MA question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
GATE MA Exam 2019 Admit Card:
- GATE Mathematics Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post, they can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from 17th December 2015, by log-in to GOAPS
- The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification to seat GATE MA Exam 2019.
GATE MA Exam 2019 Answer Keys
- GATE Mathematics 2019 Question answer keys will be available for download in IITs websites.
- After a week of the exam all GATE MA Papers with Answers Keys 2019 can be download from here also.