GATE MN Exam 2019 | GATE Mining Engineering (MN) Test 2019 Application Form, Syllabus, Previous Papers, GATE MN Result 2019, Books, MN Answer Keys 2019, Admit Card,: The students who are seeking their admission in Mining Engineering (MN) also called MN course at the postgraduate level, have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2019 (GATE 2019).
GATE MN Exam 2019
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Mining Engineering (MN) 2019 (GATE MN 2019), is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE 2019, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
[box title=” QUICK LINKS “]
GATE Application Form 2019:
- To apply in GATE Mining Engineering Exam 2019 all candidates have to apply only ONLINE “GATE 2019“. – GOAPS
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking / debit card/ credit card.
- Check the Status of your application GOAPS
GATE MN Eligibility 2019:
- Bachelor degree holders in Mining Engineering (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
GATE Exam Pattern 2019
- GATE Mining Engineering (MN) Examinations will be conducted in ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- MN page will have 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
- In GATE Mining Engineering exam 2019 General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- Numerical Answer Type Questions: The Mining Engineering question paper for GATE 2019 will consist of questions of both multiple-choice type and numerical answer type.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
GATE MN Syllabus 2019:
GATE Mining Engineering Syllabus topics is given below. For details GATE MN Syllabus please check GATE official website.
- Linear Algebra: Matrices and Determinants, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and Eigen vectors.
- Calculus: Limit, continuity and differentiability; Partial Derivatives; Maxima and minima; Sequences and series; Test for convergence; Fourier series.
- Vector Calculus: Gradient; Divergence and Curl; Line; surface and volume integrals; Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
- Diferential Equations: Linear and non-linear first order ODEs; Higher order linear ODEs with constant coefficients; Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations; Laplace transforms; PDEs –Laplace, heat and wave equations.
- Probability and Statistics: Mean, median, mode and standard deviation; Random variables; Poisson, normal and binomial distributions; Correlation and regression analysis.
- Numerical Methods: Solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equations; integration of trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule; single and multi-step methods for differential equations.
- Mechanics: Equivalent force systems; Equations of equilibrium; Two dimensional frames and trusses; Free body diagrams; Friction forces; Particle kinematics and dynamics.
- Mine Development, Geomechanics and Ground Control: Methods of access to deposits; Underground drivages; Drilling methods and machines; Explosives, blasting devices and practices.
- Geo-technical properties of rocks; Rock mass classification; Ground control, instrumentation and stress measurement techniques; Theories of rock failure; Ground vibrations; Stress distribution around mine openings; Subsidence; Design of supports in roadways and workings; Rock bursts and coal bumps; Slope stability.
- Mining Methods and Machinery: Surface mining: layout, development, loading, transportation and mechanization, continuous surface mining systems; Underground coal mining: bord and pillar systems, room and pillar mining, longwall mining, thick seam mining methods; Underground metal mining : open, supported and caved stoping methods, stope mechanization, ore handling systems, mine filling.
- Generation and transmission of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic power; Materials handling: haulages, conveyors, face and development machinery, hoisting systems, pumps.
- Ventilation, Underground Hazards and Surface Environment: Underground atmosphere; Heat load sources and thermal environment, air cooling; Mechanics of air flow, distribution, natural and mechanical ventilation; Mine fans and their usage; Auxiliary ventilation; Ventilation planning.
- Subsurface hazards from fires, explosions, gases, dust and inundation; Rescue apparatus and practices; Safety in mines, accident analysis, noise, mine lighting, occupational health and risk.
- Air, water and soil pollution : causes, dispersion, quality standards, reclamation and control.
- Surveying, Mine Planning and Systems Engineering: Fundamentals of engineering surveying; Levels and leveling, theodolite, tacheometry, triangulation, contouring, errors and adjustments, correlation; Underground surveying; Curves; Photogrammetry; Field astronomy; EDM, total station and GPS fundamentals.
- Principles of planning: Sampling methods and practices, reserve estimation techniques, basics of geostatistics and quality control, optimization of facility location, cash flow concepts and mine valuation, open pit design; GIS fundamentals.
- Work-study; Concepts of reliability, reliability of series and parallel systems.
- Linear programming, transportation and assignment problems, queueing, network analysis, basics of simulation.
GATE MN Exam 2019 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for GATE Mining Engineering 2019 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for GATE Mining Engineering Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for GATE MN 2019 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best GAT Mining Engineering books in online you can check below.
GATE MN 2019 Books
GATE MN 2019 Study Materials
[button color=”red” url=”https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=GATE+Mining+Engineering&tag=httpwwwjlatec-21″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]View Details[/button]
|[button color=”red” url=”https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/search?q=GATE+Mining+Engineering&as=off&as-show=off&affid=INJayChan” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]View Details[/button]|
GATE MN Exam Last 20 Years Question Papers with Solution
- Here you can find all of the GATE Mining Engineering (MN) Exam previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for engineering entrance preparation. This Year on 2015 GATE written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has GATE Last 10 question papers with solution can share with us.
Mining Engineering Previous Year
Question Paper 2007
Question Paper 2008
Question Paper 2009
Question Paper 2010
Question Paper 2011
Question Paper 2012
Question Paper 2013
Question Paper 2014
Question Paper 2015
Question Paper 2016
GATE MN Model Papers:
- JbigDeaL provides GATE Mining Engineering Sample Question Papers with answers for 2019 for GATE Test Exam 2019 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in GATE related exams.
|Model Papers will be uploaded soon here|
GATE MN Online Practice Test:
- GATE MN MCQ Questions Answers for Mining Engineering Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of GATE MN question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
GATE MN Exam 2019 Admit Card:
- GATE Mining Engineering Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post, they can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from 17th December 2015, by log-in to GOAPS
- The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification to seat GATE MN Exam 2019.
GATE MN Exam 2019 Answer Keys
- GATE Mining Engineering 2019 Question answer keys will be available for download in IITs websites.
- After a week of the exam all GATE MN Papers with Answers Keys 2019 can be download from here also.