GATE PE Exam 2019 |GATE Petroleum Engineering (PE) Examination Syllabus, Eligibility, Previous Year Question Papers Solution, Model Papers, Answer Keys, Download, PDF: The students who are seeking their admission in Petroleum Engineering (PE) also called PE course at the postgraduate level, have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2019 (GATE 2019).
GATE PE Exam 2019
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Petroleum Engineering (PE) 2019 (GATE PE 2019), is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE 2019, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
[box title=” QUICK LINKS “]
GATE PE Application Form 2019:
- To apply in GATE Petroleum Engineering Exam 2019 all candidates have to apply only ONLINE “GATE 2019“. – GOAPS
- Upload photograph, signature and other documents like graduation certificate/certificate from Principal, caste certificate (if applicable) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking / debit card/ credit card.
- Check the Status of your application GOAPS
GATE PE Eligibility 2019:
- Bachelor degree holders in Petroleum Engineering (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
Exam Pattern / Syllabus 2019 :
GATE Exam Pattern
- GATE Petroleum Engineering (PE) Examinations will be conducted in ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- PE page will have 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
- In GATE Petroleum Engineering exam 2019 Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% percentage of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
GATE PE Syllabus 2019
- GATE Petroleum Engineering Syllabus topics is given below. For details GATE PE Syllabus please check GATE official website.
PE Petroleum Engineering
- Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and eigenvecto
- Calculus: Functions of single variable, Limit, continuity and differentiability, Taylor series, Mean value theorems, Evaluation of definite and improper integrals, Partial derivatives, Total derivative, Maxima and minima, Gradient, Divergence and Curl, Vector identities, Directional derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorem
- Differential equations: First order equations (linear and nonlinear), Higher order linear differential equations with constant coefficients, Cauchy’s and Euler’s equations, Initial and boundary value problems, Laplace transforms, Solutions of one dimensional heat and wave equations and Laplace equation.
- Complex variables: Complex number, polar form of complex number, triangle inequality.
- Probability and Statistics: Definitions of probability and sampling theorems, Conditional probability, Mean, median, mode and standard deviation, Random variables, Poisson, Normal and Binomial distributions, Linear regression analy
- Numerical Methods: Numerical solutions of linear and non-linear algebraic equation Integration by trapezoidal and Simpson’s rule. Single and multi-step methods for numerical solution of differential equations.
- Petroleum Exploration: Classification and description of some common rocks with special reference to clastic and nonclastic reservoir Origin, migration and accumulation of Petroleum. Petroleum exploration methods.
- Oil and Gas Well Drilling Technology: Well planning. Drilling method. Drilling rigs Rig operating system Drilling fluids function and properties. Drilling fluid maintenance equipment. Oil & gas well cementing operations. Drill bit types and their applications. Drill string & Casing string function, operations, selection & design. Drilling problems, their control & remedies. Directional drilling tools. Directional survey. Application of horizontal, multilateral, extended reach, slim wells.
- Reservoir Engineering: Petrophysical properties of reservoir Coring and core analysis. Reservoir fluid properties. Phase behavior of hydrocarbon system. Flow of fluids through porous media. Water and gas coning. Reservoir pressure measurements. Reservoir drives, drive mechanics and recovery factors. Reserve estimation & techniques.
- Petroleum Production Operations: Well equipmen Well completion techniques. Well production problems and mitigation. Well servicing & Workover operations. Workover & completion fluids. Formation damage. Well stimulation techniques. Artificial lift techniques. Field processing of oil & gas. Storage and transportation of petroleum and petroleum products. Metering and measurements oil & gas. Production system analysis & optimization. Production testing. Multiphase flow in tubing and flow-lines. Nodal system analysis. Pressure vessels, storage tanks, shell and tube heat exchangers, pumps and compressors, LNG value chain.
- Offshore Drilling and Production Practices: Offshore oil and gas operations & ocean environmen Offshore fixed platforms, Offshore mobile units, Station keeping methods like mooring & dynamic positioning system. Offshore drilling from fixed platform, jack-up, ships and semi submersibles. Use of conductors and risers. Offshore well completion. Deep water applications of subsea technology. Offshore production: Oil processing platforms, water injection platforms, storage, SPM and SBM transportation and utilities. Deep water drilling rig. Deep water production system. Emerging deep water technologies.
- Petroleum Formation Evaluation: Evaluation of petrophysical of sub-surface formations: Principles applications, advantages and disadvantages of SP, resistivity, radioactive, acoustic logs and types of tools used. Evaluation of CBL/VDL, USIT, SFT, RFT. Production logging tools, principles, limitations and application Special type of logging tools. Casing inspection tools (principles, applications and limitations), Formations micro scanner (FMS), NMR logging principles. Standard log interpretation methods. Cross-plotting methods.
- Oil and Gas Well Testing: Diffusivity equation, derivation & solution Radius of investigation. Principle of superposition. Horner’s approximation. Drill Stem Testing. Pressure Transient Tests: Drawdown and build up-test analysis. Wellbore effects. Multilayer reservoirs. Injection well testing. Multiple well testing. Interference testing, Pulse testing, well-test analysis by use of type curves. Gas well testing.
- Health Safety and Environment in Petroleum Industry: Health hazards in Petroleum Industry: Toxicity, Physiological, Asphyxiation, respiratory and skin effect of petroleum hydrocarbons, sour gase Safety System: Manual & automatic shutdown system, blow down systems. Gas detection system. Fire detection and suppression systems. Personal protection system & measures. HSE Policies. Disaster & crisis management in Petroleum Industry. Environment: Environment concepts, impact on eco-system, air, water and soil. The impact of drilling & production operations on environment, Environmental transport of petroleum wastes. Offshore environmental studies. Offshore oil spill and oil spill control. Waste treatment methods.
- Enhanced Oil Recovery Techniques: Basic principles and mechanism of EOR, Screening of EOR proce Concept of pattern flooding, recovery efficiency, permeability heterogeneity. Macroscopic and microscopic displacement efficiency. EOR methods: Chemical flooding, Miscible flooding, Thermal recoveries (steam stimulation, hot water & steam flooding, in-situ combustion), Microbial EOR.
- Latest trends in Petroleum Engineering: Coal bed methane, shale gas, oil shale, gas hydrate, and heavy oil.
GATE PE Exam 2019 Books / Study Materials
- There are so many books for GATE Petroleum Engineering 2019 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for GATE Petroleum Engineering Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for GATE PE 2019 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best books in online you can check below.
GATE PE 2019 Books
GATE PE 2019 Study Materials
[button color=”red” url=”https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=GATE+Petroleum Engineering&tag=httpwwwjlatec-21″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]View Details[/button]
|[button color=”red” url=”https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/search?q=GATE+Petroleum Engineering&as=off&as-show=off&affid=INJayChan” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]View Details[/button]|
GATE Petroleum Engineering (PE) Previous Years Question Papers with Solution
- Here you can find all of the GATE Petroleum Engineering (PE) Exam previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for engineering entrance preparation. This Year on 2015 GATE written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has GATE Last 10 question papers with solution can share with us.
Question Paper 2016
Question Paper 2017
GATE PE Model Papers 2019:
- JbigDeaL provides GATE Petroleum Engineering Sample Question Papers with answers for 2019 for GATE Test Exam 2019 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in GATE related exams.
|Model Papers will be uploaded soon here|
GATE PE Online Practice Test:
- GATE PE MCQ Questions Answers for Petroleum Engineering Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of GATE PE question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
GATE PE Exam 2019 Admit Card:
- GATE Petroleum Engineering Admit cards will NOT be sent by e-mail/post, they can ONLY be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites tentatively from 17th December 2015, by log-in to GOAPS
- The candidate has to bring the printed admit card to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification to seat GATE PE Exam 2019.
GATE PE Exam 2019 Answer Keys
- GATE Petroleum Engineering 2019 Question answer keys will be available for download in IITs websites.
- After a week of the exam all GATE PE Papers with Answers Keys 2019 can be download from here also.