Gitam GSAT 2018 – GITAM University M.Sc. Entrance Exam 2018
Gitam GSAT 2018
- Candidates seeking admission to various M.Sc. programmes of GITAM Institute of Science of GITAM University are required to appear for GITAM Science Admission Test (GSAT 2018) to be held at various centres in Andhra Pradesh and other parts of India. Admission is based on the rank obtained in the entrance test.
Gitam GSAT Exam Date 2018:
- GSAT-2018 will be conducted in two phases in different test centres as given below and the candidates can appear in one of the phases.
- All PG programmes (AP, Tel angana)
- All Programmes (Other states)
Gitam GSAT Online Application 2018:
- Applications will be accepted ONLINE only through website.
- Applications can be downloaded from GITAM website www.gitam.edu.
- Applications can be obtained by post, from Principal, GITAM Institute of Science by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate’s name with complete mailing address, accompanied by DD for Rs.350/- (inclusive of Test fee Rs. 300/-) drawn in favour of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank. Request by post will be accepted till 21st April 2018. The test fee for Five year Integrated M.Sc. Chemistry sponsored by Laurus Labs is Rs. 500.
Gitam GSAT 2018 Eligibility
- Requirement for admission to all science programmes is a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in group (optional) subjects in the qualifying examination. Candidates who have already passed qualifying examination or who have appeared/ are appearing for the final examinations in 2018 are also eligible.
- The UG & PG Science programmes are offered by eight departments of the Institute of Science located in Visakhapatnam
- Campus. The course curricula of the programmes are carefully designed to impart wide knowledge in the respective areas of specializations, suitable for placements in reputed organizations and for higher studies within and out side the country.
- B C A (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
B E M (Bachelor of Environmental Mgmt.)
Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology
Integrated M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry
M.Sc. Environmental Science
M.Sc. Applied Mathematics
M.Sc. Food Science & Tech. (Food Processing)
M.Sc. Biochemistry (Cancer Biology)
M.Sc. Bioinformatics (Drug Design)
M.Sc. Microbiology (Fermentation Technology)
M.Sc. Biotechnology (Nanotechnology I Protein Engineering)
M.Sc. Organic Chemistry
M.Sc. Electronics Science
M.Sc. Physics (NuclearISpaceIMaterial/Nano)
MCA Master of Computer Applications
Gitam GSAT Syllabus | Exam Pattern:
|Course into which admission is sought||Test codeNo.||Subject of the test||No. of bits*||Max. Marks||Max. Time|
|M.Sc. Applied Mathematics||101||Mathematics||60||60||1 hour|
|M.Sc. Physics||102||Physics/ Electronics||60||60||1 hour|
|M.Sc. Electronics Science|
|M.Sc Analytical Chemistry||103||Chemistry||60||60||1 hour|
|M.Sc. Organic Chemistry|
|M.Sc. Biochemistry||104||Life Sciences||60||60||1 hour|
|M.Sc. Food Science & Technology|
|M.Sc. Environmental Science**||105||EnvironmentalScience||60||60||1 hour|
|The GSAT – 2018 consists of the following tests. In each test, there will be altogether 60 multiple choice questions from the syllabus which can be downloaded from GITAM website www.gitam.edu.|
|Course into which admission issought||Testcode No.||Subject of the test|
|BEM / Five year integrated M.Sc.Biotechnology||1||6||Mathematics or Biology, Physicsand Chemistry (or) Environmental education*|
|Test Code No.||No. of bits||MaximumvMarks||MaximumTime|
Candidates seeking admission to MCA programme are required to appear for an entrance test GSAT – 2018:
|Section||Subject||No. of bits||Maximum Marks|
GITAM GSAT Hall tickets 2018:
- Hall tickets will be sent to candidates by post one week before the date of commencement of entrance test. In case of non-receipt of hall ticket in time, candidates are advised to contact the office of the Principal, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University at Tel No. (0891) 2840450 / 452 two days before the test date.
- Hall ticket should be retained carefully as it has to be produced at the time of admission.
- Hall tickets can also be downloaded from www.gitam.edu.
GITAM GSAT 2018 Result
- All candidates will be awarded GSAT – 2018 test-wise rank as per marks secured in the test appeared and they will be kept on the website.