he Graduate Management Admission Test 2017 (GMAT 2017) is a computer adaptive examination administered year-round at test centers throughout the world. The GMAT 2017 exam measures verbal, mathematical, and analytical writing skills developed over a long period of time. It is specifically designed to help graduate management programs assess the qualifications of applicants for advanced study in business and management. GMAT 2017 scores are used by almost 5,000 graduate management programs at approximately 1,900 schools acros the world.
- 1 GMAT Exam 2017
- 2 GMAT 2017 Conducting Body
- 2.1 GMAT 2017 Eligibility
- 2.2 GMAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- 2.3 GMAT 2017 Courses
- 2.4 GMAT 2017 Fees Details
- 2.5 GMAT 2017 Extra Information
- 3 GMAT 2017 Syllabus
- 4 Old Question Papers
- 5 GMAT 2016 Books / Study Materials:
GMAT Exam 2017
- Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT 2017) is the standardized test required for doing MBA or PhD in Business Management or any other graduate management programmes from a business school in US, Europe and Canada. It is the test that measures the verbal, mathematical, and analytical writing skills of the candidate (i.e the test taker). Designed specially for business schools, this computer-based test helps to assess the qualifications of applicants for advanced study in business and management. Nearly 900 management institutes all over the world use the GMAT 2017 score for admission to MBA program. Many universities in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore also use GMAT 2017 scores for their admission.
- It is a Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) and may also be referred as ‘GMAT 2017 CAT’. The GMAT 2017 test is developed and administered by the US-based Pearson VUE under the direction of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), a non-profit organization of graduate business schools worldwide.
- This implies that Pearson VUE conducts the test, and sends each examinee the score report. For conducting the test, Pearson VUE has appointed testing centers in various countries. GMAT 2017 is held all round the year in more than 150 countries around the world.
GMAT 2017 Conducting Body
Graduate Management Admission Committee (GMAC) conducts GMAT 2017.
GMAT 2017 Eligibility
- Anyone and everyone is eligible for taking the GMAT 2017 (Graduate Management Admission Test 2017). There is no minimum educational qualification requirement for taking the test. The test scores are valid for five years, i.e., most universities accept scores up to five years old. But it is always better if scores are recent (not older than 2 years).
- However, if a candidate’s age is below 18 years, then he/she has to send a written form to GMAT 2017 Customer Services of his/her region signed by parents or local guardian. This form authorizes such candidates to take the GMAT 2017(Graduate Management Admission Test 2017) exam and states that the applicant and parent or legal guardian agree to adhere to all the terms and conditions specified by the GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Committee).
GMAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- The GMAT 2017 exam is delivered via computer in individualized workstations. Being computer-adaptive (rather than computer-based) allows the GMAT 2017 exam to determine a test taker’s true ability by selecting questions based on previous answers and the test design.
- There are three sections Analytical Writing Assesment, Quantative Section and Verbal Section. Each section has different number of questions.
- There are 37 questions in qualitative section and 41 questions in verbal section.
- For writing assessment 60 minutes are given to the candidates. For verbal and quant section 75 minutes each are given to the candidates.
More information about the exam patteren
- Exam Pattern The GMAT 2017 (Graduate Management Admission Test 2017) exam is a computer-adaptive test (CAT), which means that questions are selected as a candidates takes the exam. At the start of each multiple-choice section of the GMAT 2017 ,CAT exam, candidates are presented a question of middle difficulty. As a candidate attempts each question, the computer scores the answer and uses it to determine which question to present next. As long as a candidate answers correctly to each question, questions of improved difficulty are offered. Whenever a candidate enters the incorrect responses, the computer generally presents questions of lesser difficulty. Next question reflects both the previous performance and the requirements of the test design, which means that different test takers will be presented different questions. Question selection is based on the responses to the previous questions and the GMAT 2017 CAT adjusts to an individual ability level. As a result, a candidate gets few questions that are either too easy or too difficult to answer.
The GMAT 2017 (Graduate Management Admission Test 2017) examination consists of three main parts.
- The Analytical Writing Assessment
- Quantitative section
- Verbal section
Analytical Writing Assessment
- The analytical writing section requires one to write – two short essays in thirty minutes each. The first is the Analysis of an Issue, in which a candidate needs to analyze the issue presented and explain his/her views on it. The second essay is Analysis of an Argument, in which a given argument has to be critically analyzed and evaluated.
- For both the essays, the emphasis is on the “Analytical” part and not on the “Writing” part. This implies that a concise essay with well-reasoned points written in simple English will be looked upon more favorably than an essay which falls short on the analytical aspects even though it reflects excellent writing skills.
- A five-minute break follows the two essays. The computer gives you the option to take this break or to move directly to the subsequent section. Even if a candidate finishes the essays before the stipulated sixty minutes, the break will still be of five minutes. It is advisable to utilize this break by gearing oneself up for the tougher sections that follow subsequently.
- The 37 questions in this section comprise two kinds of questions: Problem Solving (PS) and Data Sufficiency (DS). The two kinds do not have a definite break-up; usually there are around 20 PS and 17 DS questions. This section tests the level of Mathematics which is comparable with the level of Class 10 exams, with questions on Number Systems, Percentages, Fractions & Decimals, Algebra (including Quadratic Equations), Geometry (including Basic Coordinate Geometry), Ratio & Proportion, Area & Volume of 2-D and 3-D diagrams, Probability etc. This list is not exhaustive; questions from beyond these topics may also be asked.
- While the Problem Solving question requires one to solve a mathematical problem directly and choose the right answer, the Data Sufficiency is of a trickier variety. Each problem comprises a question followed by two statements, which may or may not lead to the answer to the given question. This is what a candidate needs to ascertain – whether the given statements can be used to answer the question or not and if so, whether the statements can be used independently or in conjunction. Each of the five answers options presents five possibilities that arise in this case and candidate has to apply the basic principles of mathematics with strong logic to solve them.
- The verbal section in GMAT 2017 requires the basic skills of correct English coupled with reasoning and analysis. The 41 questions, to be attempted in 75 minutes, consist of three types: Sentence Correction (SC), Critical Reasoning (CR) and Reading Comprehension (RC). The three types are intermingled, with no fixed number for each type. The break-up of the questions among SC, CR and RC could be 14-14-13 or 15-13-13 or any such combination.
GMAT 2017 Courses
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Accountancy
GMAT 2017 Fees Details
- The fee to take the test is US$250 worldwide. Documents needed at the examination centre.
- Passport (mandatory in some countries required if testing outside your coutry of citizeship)* Govermet-issued driver’s licese Govermet-issued national/state/province idetity card (icludig Europea ID card Military ID card Lamiated govermet issued learner’s permit (US oly) Permanent residet/gree card (US oly)
GMAT 2017 Extra Information
- The test taker must first select a GMAT 2017 test center location. Most of the test centers are in permanent locations and offer the Computer-Adaptive GMAT 2017 exam throughout the year. Each test center operates on its own schedule and can accommodate varying numbers of test takers. Test takers choose the most convenient location for them. Candidate’s can register for GMAT 2017 (Graduate Management Admission Test 2017) ONLINE, or by Phone, or by Mail.
Registering by Phone:
- You may call up Prometric Testing (P) Ltd. Delhi office until 12:00 noon on the working days to register. Make sure to call at least THREE BUSINESS DAYS before the test date.
Registering by Fax:
- you must send your fax at least SEVEN DAYS prior to your first choice of the test day. Registering by Mail/Courier: Fill in the form, get the draft made (if you are not paying by credit card) and submit these to the Prometric Testing (P) Ltd. at New Delhi either by hand or by registered post/courier. You must send the documents at least THREE WEEKS before your choice of a test day. On receipt of your documents, an appointment will be scheduled for you to test at the Prometric Testing (P) Ltd. Confirmation of the date, time and location of the appointment will be sent to you.
GMAT 2017 Syllabus
- Geometry, (Lines, angles, Triangles, Spheres, Rectangles, Cube, Cone etc) Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra, Profit & Loss, Averages, Percentages, Partnership, Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time, Number system, HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System, BODMAS, Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Set Theory, Venn Diagram, Instalment Payments, Partnership, Clocks, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Topics like Trigonometry, Vectors, Binomial Expansion, Co-ordinate geometry, Logarithm, Calendar, Maxima & Minima Progression, Surds & Indices and Complex numbers.
DI AND REASONING :
- Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie Chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc. Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements. Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding , Sequencing , identifying next number in series, etc.
- Comprehension of passage ( Poems can also come). Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed), Sentence Correction, Foreign language words used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
Old Question Papers
GMAT Previous Year Question Papers Answers:
- Here you can find all of the GMAT previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for MBA Entrance Exam preparation. This Year on 2017 GMAT test conducted , the paper is not available with us. Any Candidates who has GMAT Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
- START Online Mock Test
GMAT Sample Question Papers 2016
- JbigDeaL provides Sample Question Papers with answers for 2016 for GMAT Test Exam 2016. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in MBA Entrance related exams.
[indeed-social-locker sm_list=’fb,tw,go1,li’ sm_template=’ism_template_1′ sm_list_align=’horizontal’ sm_display_counts=’false’ sm_display_full_name=’true’ locker_template=2 sm_d_text='<p><img class=” aligncenter” src=”http://upload.jbigdeal.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/model-lock-min1.png” alt=”” data-mce-src=”http://upload.jbigdeal.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/model-lock-min1.png”></p>’ ism_overlock=’default’ ]
GMAT Online Practice Test:
- GMAT Questions Answers for GMAT Test. This mock test having full question SET each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of GMAT question answers quiz.
START MBA Entrance Mock Test
GMAT 2016 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for GMAT MBA Entrance Test 2016 For Admission to Masters in Business Administration and Diploma courses 2016 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for GMAT Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for GMAT 2016 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best GMAT books in online you can check below.
Few Books like : GMAT 2016 Official Guide Bundle, The Official Guide for GMAT Review 2017, Kaplan GMAT Premier 2016 with 6 Practice Tests: Book + DVD + Online + Mobile (Kaplan Test Prep) PB
GMAT Website Contact Details
|Address||Prometric Testing (P) Ltd.|
Senior Plaza 160-A, Gautam Nagar
Yusuf Sarai, Behind Indian Oil Building
New Delhi: 110 049.
Graduate Management Admission Council
ATTN: GMAT School Coordinator
1600 Tysons Boulevard
|Phone||Asia Pacific Telephone: +60 38318 9961, 9 am to 6 pm Australian Eastern Standard Time In India: +91 120 439 7830, 9 am to 6 pm Indian Standard Time Fax: +60 38319 1092|
|Test Period||Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT 2017) is generally held in All Round the year|
Be the first to leave a review.