IARI PHD / JRF 2017 Exam : The Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) PHD Entrance Test 2017, Admission to Ph.D. Courses at IARI, New Delhi; CIAE, Bhopal & IIHR, Bengaluru for 2017-17.
The Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) is India’s largest and foremost Institute in the field of research and higher education and training in agricultural sciences.
- Candidate seeking admission in Ph.D. can apply online through a link available on the IARI website: (www.iari.res.in)
- Candidates are required to submit their application form online only. For instructions please refer the
- Before filling the Online Application Form the candidates are required to get the demand draft. For instructions please refer this Information Bulletin.
Essential Qualification for Admission
- (a) Only those candidates who had their Bachelor’s Degree Programmes under 10+2+4 OR 10+2+3 OR 10+1+4
system (OR awarded B.Sc. degree under 10+2+2 system prior to 1985) and fulfill the qualifications as prescribe in this bulletin are eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates who appear at the Master’s Degree final year Examination in 2017 are also eligible to apply and
appear in written entrance examination provisionally for Ph.D. programme. However, they will have to
submit documentary evidence of their eligibility on or before July 5, 2017 failing which they shall not be
considered for Interview.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 21 years as on 31st July, 2014. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
|Code No.||Discipline||M.Sc./M.Sc.(Ag)/M.Tech./M.E. in|
|01.||Agricultural Chemicals||Agricultural Chemicals/Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry/ Environmental Science/Chemistry|
|02.||Agricultural Economics||Agricultural Economics/Dairy Economics/Livestock Economics/ Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation/Fisheries Economics|
|03.||Agricultural Engineering||Agricultural Engineering/Dairy Engineering/Water Science and Technology; M.Sc. in Dairy Engineering are eligible for Ph.D. in Agricultural Processing and Structures (Pre- requisite; B.Sc./ B.Tech./BE in Agricultural Engineering)|
|04.||Agricultural Extension||Agricultural Extension/Extension Education/DairyExtension/Fisheries Extension/Livestock Extension/Home Science Extension/Agricultural Extension and Communication/ Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension|
|05.||Agricultural Physics||Agricultural Physics/Agril. Chemistry/Soil Science/Agricultural Meteorology/ Meteorology/Agricultural Engineering/Engineering/Physics/Bio-physics/ Water Science and Technology/Geo-informatics/Remote Sensing|
|06.||Agricultural Statistics||Agricultural Statistics/Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Bio-Statistics|
|07.||Agronomy||Agronomy/Water Science and Technology/Water Management|
|08.||Biochemistry||Biochemistry/Agricultural Biochemistry/Agricultural Chemistry/ Molecular Biology and /OR Biotechnology/Relevant discipline of Life Sciences/Chemistry with Organic Chemistry as a special subject/ Plant Physiology/ Biophysics|
|09.||Bioinformatics||Bioinformatics/Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology/Computer Sciences/Computer Application/Agricultural Sciences/Life Sciences and equivalent|
|10.||Computer Application||M.Sc./MCA/M.Tech./M.E. in Computer Science/Computer Application/ Computer Engineering/ Computer Science Engineering/ Information Technology/M.Tech. Agricultural Engineering/ M.Tech. in Post Harvest Technology|
|11.||Entomology||Entomology/Agricultural Entomology/Zoology or Plant Protection withEntomology as specialization/Relevant Life Sciences|
|12.||Environmental Sciences||Agricultural Sciences/Environmental Sciences/Physical Sciences/ Life Sciences/ Chemical Sciences|
|13.||Genetics||Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/Plant Genetic Resources/any other branch of Biological Sciences with Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding as a subject|
|14.||Horticulture||Horticulture or Agriculture with major in Pomology/Olericulture/ Floriculture/Post Harvest Technology of Horticultural Crops/ Food Science and/OR Technology/ Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/Plant Genetic Resources/Plant Physiology/Crop Physiology with specialisation in any of above sub-disciplines of Horticulture/ Physiology/Plant Genetic Resources/Water Science and Technology|
|15.||Microbiology||Microbiology/Agricultural Microbiology /Soil Science and/OR Agricultural Chemistry/ Genetics/Botany/Agricultural Botany/ Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology/Relevant Life Sciences/ Biochemistry with Microbiology as a special subject/Environmental Microbiology/Industrial Microbiology|
|16.||Molecular Biology & Biotechnology||Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Agricultural Biochemistry/Botany/Agricultural Botany/Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/Relevant Life Sciences/ Microbiology Agricultural Microbiology/Plant Genetic Resources/Bioinformatics|
|17.||Nematology||Nematology/Entomology/Zoology/Botany/Mycology and/ OR Plant Pathology/Relevant Life Sciences/Molecular Biology and/ OR Biotechnology/Plant Protection with Nematology as specialization/ Agricultural Entomology/Agricultural Microbiology/Helminthology with Nematology|
|18.||Plant Genetic Resources||Plant Genetic Resources/Genetics/Plant Breeding/ Agricultural Botany/ Horticulture/Plant Biotechnology/ Seed Science & Technology/Plant Physiology/any other branch of Biological Sciences with specialization in these subjects and/OR Plant Taxonomy/Economic Botany/Biotechnology|
|19.||Plant Pathology||Mycology and/OR Plant Pathology/Botany/ Agricultural Botany/ Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology/Genetics/Microbiology/Seed Science & Technology/ Biochemistry/Plant Genetic Resources/Plant Protection/Relevant Life Sciences with Mycology and Plant Pathology as specialization/Bioinformatics|
|20.||Plant Physiology||Plant Physiology/Crop Physiology/Botany/Agricultural Botany/ Biochemistry/Relevant Life Sciences/Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology/Plant Genetic Resources/Bio Science/Plant Science|
|21.||Post Harvest Technology||a) For Post Harvest Technology of Hor ticultural Crops Horticulture/Post Harvest Technology/Food Science & Technology b) For Post Harvest Engineering and Technology Agricultural Processing and Structures/Food Engineering/ Post Harvest Engineering/Biochemical Engineering.|
|22.||Seed Science & Technology||Seed Science & Technology/Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/ Plant Physiology/Crop Physiology/Mycology and/OR Plant Pathology/ Entomology/Nematology/ Botany/Agricultural Botany/Plant Genetic Resources|
|23.||Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry||Soil Science and/OR Agricultural Chemistry/Chemistry/ Agricultural Physics with specialization in Soil Physics/ Environmental Sciences with specialization in Soil Science/Agricultural Microbiology with specialization in Soil Science|
|24.||Water Science & Technology||Water Science and Technology/Agricultural Physics/Physics/ Chemistry/Mathematics (with Physical Sciences at Bachelors Degree Level)/ M.Tech in Agril. Engineering/Civil Engineering|
- The weightage for entrance examination is 80%. The candidates will have to appear for Entrance Examination
consisting of one paper of three parts: Part-I (General Agriculture) and Part-II & III (Subject Paper). The minimum qualifying mark is 50% for General/OBC, 45% for SC/ST/PC candidates. Total marks would be considered for the preparation of merit.
- The Entrance Examination will be in the form of one question paper of three distinct parts.
- The questions will be of multiple choice and matching types in part I & II (30 marks and 150 marks respectively) and short analytical type in part III (30 marks).
- Answers for part I & II are to be given on computerized OMR answer sheets and that of part III in the space provided for the purpose in the question paper.
- Negative marking to the extent of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer will be applicable in case of part I and II of the question paper.
IARI PhD Previous Year Question Papers
- Here you can find all of the IARI PhD previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for phd Entrance exam 2017 preparation. This Year on 2015 IARI PhD written test conducted , the paper is not available with us. Any Candidates who has IARI PhD Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
IARI PhD Practice Test:
- IARI PhD MCQ Questions Answers for phd Entrance . This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of IARI PhD question answers quiz.
IARI JRF 2017 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for IARI JRF Test 2017 For Joining into PHD or LS 2017 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for IARI JRF Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for IARI JRF 2017 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best IARI JRF books in online you can check below.
Analysis on IARI PhD
- The General Agriculture asked in examination of IARI Ph.D Entrance includes three types of questions BASIC-Normal (these includes the very basic knowledge on agriculture and can be solve by almost 90 % of competitors), BASIC-Advances (it includes the advance knowledge on basics of agriculture and can be solve by almost 50 % of competitors) and Pure Advances (these questions are being newly introduced and have taken first time in exam, these includes advance knowledge on general agriculture and it test the competitor’s awareness on current and advance facts of agriculture. It actually determines the scoring marks for admission in IARI.
- If you are able to solve at least 50% of these type of question along with full of ASIC-Normal and BASIC-Advances types of questions, it is almost assure to get admission in IARI on the basis of General Agriculture)
- It is found that the percentages of these three types of questions are approximately fixed for each year. But in some year, there is an abrupt change in the question asking pattern. An analysis has made to test the change in the question asking pattern and the result are explained by following graph (Fig. 1). The graph shows
the percentages of the Pure Advances types of question is approximately increasing every year. So, the facts say the keeping Advance knowledge on agriculture facts is much helpful to get command in General Agriculture part of IARI Ph. D exam. And thus, these are helpful in admissions.
|(i)(ii)||Last Date for Receipt of ApplicationLast date for receipt of through Proper Channel Applications and||April, 2014April, 2014|
|documents submission for online Application Form|
|(iii)||Download Admit Card :||May -June, 2014|
|(iv)||Entrance Examination :||June, 2014|
|(v)||Download Interview Letter :||June -July , 2014|
|(vi)||Interview||July , 2014|
|(vii)||Announcement of Result||July, 2014|
|(viii)||Download Final Selection Letter :||July-August|
POST GRADUATE SCHOOL INDIAN AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE
NEW DELHI-110 012
Be the first to leave a review.