ICAR JRF Question Paper 2010 With Answers AIEEA PG Free Download General Agriculture Paper 2010 AIEEA PG Paper 2010 for ICAR All India Entrance Examination for Admission to Master Degree Programmer (PGS).
1. Saffron (kesar) belong to the family
(A) Apiaceae (B) Iridaceae
(C) Orchidaceae (D) Lauraceae
2. The 5- carbon compounds produced during dark reaction of photosynthesis is
(A) Ribose phosphate (B) Xylulose phosphate
(C) Ribulose bis phosphate (D) Seda heptulose phosphate
3. Most suitable design for experiment involving varying number of tillage and nitrogen levels is
(A) Latin square (B) RBD
(C) Strip plot (D) Split plot
4. In a RBD experiment having 9 treatments and 4 replications, the error degree of freedom will be
A) 24 (B) 32
(C) 27 D) 36
5. The plants with male and female flowers on different plants are called
(A)Dicot (B) Dichogamy
(C) Dicliny (D) Dioecious
6. The contribution of Agricultural sector to the gross domestic product (GDP) in India
in the year 2004-05 has been nearly
(A) 25 % (B) 45 %
(C) 35 % (D) 55 %
7. Which one of the following process results in release of energy ?
(A) Metabolism (B) Catabolism
(C) Anabolism (D) Physiology
8. Which one of the following element is a constituent of protoplasm?
(A) Sulphur (B) Calcium
(C) Iron (D) Potassium
9. Which one of the following element is mobile in plants but immobile in soil ?
(A) Sulphur (B) Zinc
(C) Boron (D) Phosphorus
10. Which of the following is non-climacteric fruit?
(A) Litchi (B) Mango
(C) Banana (D) Apple
11. Which of the following process is not takes place in evolution of plants?
(A)Crossing over (B) Mutation
(C) Linkage (D) Coupling
12. Solar constant is equal to (in cal/cm2/min)
(A) 1.94 (B) 194
(C) 19.4 (D) 0.194
13. Khaira disease in rice is due to the deficiency of
(A) Boron (B) Mn
(C)S (D) Zn
14. Which one of the following is a C3 plant?
(A)Wheat (B) Maize
(C) Pearlmillet (D) Sorghum
15. Criteria for the essentiality of nutrients for plants was given by
(A) Arnon (B) Wilcox
(C) Liebig (D) None
16. Which one of the following is sulphur-containing amino acid?
(A)Tryptophan (B) Cystine
(C) Proline (D) Lysine
17. Horse latitude lies in between north and south latitudinal belt of equator
(A)0 to 50 (B) 30 to 35
(C) 20 to 250 (D) 10 to 15
18. The splitting up of water molecules in plant cells in the presence of sunlight is called
(A)Photophosphorylation (B) Photosynthesis
(C) Photolysis (D) Phosphorylation
19. What does the stomata open?
(I) When the guard cells are in flaccid condition
(ll) When there is an accumulation of K ions in the guard cells
(III) When water enters into the guard cells
(IV) When the water potential of guard cells is lower than that of adjacent cells
(A) II, III and IV I and IV (B) I and III
(C) (D) None
20. The number of Agro-climatic zones of India is
(A) 17 (B) 7
(C) 15 (D)10
21. Norin – dwarf gene was introduced in which cereal?
(A) Wheat (B) Oat
(C) Rice (D) Maize
22. The centre of origin of Triticum aestivum is
(A)Chilean centre (B) South Mexican centre
(C) Mediterranean centre (D) Near eastern region
23. Which state of India leads in area under wheat crop?
(A)Punjab (B) MP
(C) UP (D) Rajasthan
24. The process of use of microorganism to remove salts from soil is referred as
(A) Chelation (B) Bioremediation
(C) Oxidation (D)Phyto – remediation
25. Economic part of Isabgol is
(A) Leaf (B) Seed and husk
(C)Seed (D) Husk
26. Which part of the plant cell is known as power house?
(A)Golgi bodies (B) Ribosomes
(C)Mitochondria (D) Lysosomes
27. Which one of the following clay mineral has the highest CEC?
(A) Vermiculite (B) Montmorillonite
(C) Kaolinite (D) Illite
28. The light generated reducing power is
(A) ATP (B) NADPH2
(C) FADH2 (D) NADH 2
29. Under seventh approximation soil classification, the number of soil orders is
(A) 15 (B) 14
(C) 8 (D) 11
30. The grand period of rainfall in India is
(A) Post monsoon (B) North-east monsoon
(C) Cold weather period (D) South – west monsoon