ICMR JRF 2018 Exam i.e Indian Council of Medical Research Junior Research Fellowship examination. ICMR JRF Examination is the first step in the process of admission to the Ph.D/ Research Programme through council’s support. Test for ICMR JRF fellowship.
ICMR JRF 2018:
- ICMR holds a national level examination for determining the eligibility of Indian National candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) through Indian Council of Medical Research.
- The award of Junior Research Fellowship to the successful eligible candidates will depend on their finding placement in a medical college / hospital / university / national laboratory / institution of higher learning and research as applicable.
- A total of 150 Fellowships would be awarded. 120 fellowships would be awarded for work in the field of Biomedical Sciences with emphasis on Life Sciences.
ICMR JRF Exam Date 2018:
- Test for ICMR JRF fellowship conducted at the twelve centers viz. , Bengaluru Bhopal, Bhubneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai Guwahati, Hyderabad, Sri Nagar and Varanasi once a year on 2 nd /3rd Sunday in July each year. Last year it was conducted on 19.07.2015.
ICMR JRF Online Application Form 2018:
- The online Registration starts from April. Before filling online applications, candidates are advised to go through the website pgimer.edu.in or icmr.nic.in.
- Information bulletin containing the details along with application form & Challan form will be available at PGIMER Website pgimer.nic.in and ICMR New Delhi website icmr.nic.in only.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Candidates are required to apply online only, there is no other means / mode of application.
- Firstly ensure that you have a valid personal email ID.
ICMR JRF Eligibility 2018
- M.Sc,/M.A. or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks for General/OBC Candidates and 50% for the SC/ST & physically handicapped candidates in the subjects mentioned under the head method of selection.
- A candidate who is appearing / has appeared in the final year (IV/VI Semester whichever is applicable, and final year where Semester system is not there) of M.Sc./M.A. or Equivalent Examination during the session (2018-2019) can also apply for the test as RA (Result Awaited).
- The age limit for admission to the eligibility test is 28 years as on 30-09-2018
ICMR JRF Syllabus and Question Pattern :
- The test will consist of one paper of 2 hours duration. The paper will consist of 2 Sections. The Aptitude Section (Section A) will have 50 questions on…
- (i) scientific phenomenon in everyday life;
(ii) general knowledge in sciences; and
(iii) common statistics.
- All these questions would be compulsory with each question carrying 1 mark.
- The subject Specific Section (Section B & C) would pertain to (B) Life Sciences and (C) Social Science.
- The candidate may attempt questions in either of the two areas. Each area of section B & C would have 100 questions and the candidate may attempt any 75 questions in the predesigned area of Section B or C. Candidates are required to indicate the option for Section B or C in the application form too.
- Each question carries one mark. Negative marking @ 0.25 will be made for each of the wrong answer. The questions in both the sections would appear in English only.
ICMR JRF Syllabus
The test will be held in the following streams:
- (1) Aptitude test (common for all)
- (2) Life Sciences
- (3) Social Sciences. (Subjects covered under Life Sciences include microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, genetics, human biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, immunology, pharmacology, zoology, botany, environmental sciences and veterinary science. Subjects covered under Social Sciences include psychology, sociology, anthropology, social work, Home sciences, statistics and Health economics.)
ICMR JRF Question Papers
Previous Year Question Papers
- Here you can find all of the ICMR JRF previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for phd Entrance exam 2018 preparation. This Year on 2015 ICMR JRF written test conducted , the paper is not available with us. Any Candidates who has ICMR JRF Last 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
|Previous Year||Download PDF|
ICMR JRF Model Papers 2018:
- JbigDeaL provides Sample Question Papers with answers for 2018 for ICMR JRF Exam 2018. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in ICMR JRF related exams.
ICMR JRF Practice Test:
- ICMR JRF MCQ Questions Answers for phd Entrance . This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of ICMR JRF question answers quiz.
START Online MCQ Quiz
ICMR JRF 2018 Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books forIndian Council of Medical Research Junior Research Fellowship examination Test 2018 For Joining into PHD or LS 2018 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for ICMR JRF Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for ICMR JRF 2018 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best ICMR JRF books in online you can check below.
ICMR-JRF Admit Card 2018
- To download your Admit Card, you will visit PGIMER website www.pgimer.edu.in or www.icmr.nic.in and click the same link ‘ICMR-JRF Exam. – 2018’.
- which will take you to the same portal where you had filled your online application form. Click on Login button to login with your login id and password. Click on ‘PRINT ADMIT CARD‘ to download and print your Admit Card. (Please Note that Admit Card(s) will NOT be sent by Post).
- Intimation about when to download the Admit Card will be sent to you through email. Roll Numbers/Admit Cards for appearing in the entrance examination will available for download to eligible candidates approximately 15 days before the date of concerned entrance exam.
ICMR-JRF Result 2018
- Two separate merit lists, one comprising the candidates qualifying for life sciences and the second for those candidates qualifying for social sciences, will be made on the basis of their performance in the above test
- The candidates selected for the JRF programme of ICMR would be permitted to enroll themselves for the Ph.D. programme of any University recognised by the UGC/MCI.. The validity of fellowship awarded to a candidate will be six months.
- Another 100 candidates would be selected for consideration for positions of JRF under various research schemes of ICMR (subject to fulfilling the conditions for appointment under the schemes) for the duration of that scheme. These JRFs would also be permitted to complete Ph.D. while working in the scheme, if enrolled. The validity of result will be two years for placement in ICMR funded projects.
- The successful candidates would be notified by post, Internet in the first week of September, 2018. The list would also be available on the ICMR website.
- The qualifying marks will be 55% obtained in both the sections (A+B or C) for General Category and OBC and 50% for SC/ST and physically handicapped.