IIIT PGEE 2017 Admission to PG programmes in the International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT-H) will be on the basis of the performance at the International Institue of Information Technology-Post Graduate Entrance Examinations (IIT PGEE) .
- 1 PGEE 2017
- 2 IIIT-H PGEE 2017
- 2.1 IIIT PGEE 2017 Eligibility
- 2.2 IIIT PGEE 2017 Exam Pattern
- 2.3 IIIT PGEE 2017 Courses
- 2.4 IIIT PGEE 2017 Fees Details
- 2.5 IIIT PGEE 2017 Extra Information
- 3 IIIT PGEE 2017 Syllabus
- 4 Contact Details
- Selections for the Postgraduate Programmes are based on an all India entrance examination conducted by IIIT in several major cities in the country in May and the application deadline is in February/March. Applications for the research programmes are considered round the year.
- IIIT PGEE Examination will be held at Hyderabad and a number of major cities in the country depending on the number of applicants from each region. The entrance examination will consist of two papers. Paper I test the general aptitude of the candidate and will consist of objective questions from Mathematics, Programming, and Logical Reasoning. Paper II is the Subject Paper, which tests the candidate’s subject knowledge.
IIIT-H PGEE 2017
University itself conducts the test.
IIIT PGEE 2017 Eligibility
For PG Diploma
- All who have completed (or going to complete by July) BE / BTech in Engg(any branch including CS / ECE EE / Civil / Inst. / Biotech.) or B.Arch. or Master degree in Science / Maths / IT / ICT / Computer Science or MCA.
For Post BSc Programs
- All who have completed (or going to complete by July) MA in linguistics, langauges and other related areas.
- All who have completed (or going to complete by July) BSc (any branch with Mathamatics as a subject). Preferable with Honors / Major in Physics / Chemistry.
For Research Programs
- All who have completed (or going to complete by July) BSc (any branch with mathematics as a subject), preferable with honours / major in physics / chemistry.
- All who are eligible to apply for MTech programme, are also eligible to apply.
- All who have completed (or going to complete by July) ME / M.Tech. in Engg.
- All who are eligible to apply for MTech programme, are also eligible to apply for PhD programme.
- All who have completed (or going to complete by July) ME / M.Tech. in Engg.
- All who have completed (or going to complete by July) masters degree in Social Sciences or Humanities are eligible to apply only for Ph.D programme with “*” (Spatial Informatics, Cognitive Sciences and Exact Humanities).
IIIT PGEE 2017 Exam Pattern
An all India examination (IIIT PGEE) is generally conducted in April month every year. The IIIT PGEE Entrance Examination consists of two papers :
- Paper I : General aptitude
- paper Paper II : Subject paper (Paper II)
1. Paper I (General Aptitude)
This is objective type question paper and will emphasize on basic aptitude, logical reasoning, basic questions on computers and mathematics. This paper is compulsory for all candidates and test duration is one hour thirty minutes.
Note : A minimum cut-off score in this paper is compulsory for evaluation of candidate’s subject paper.
2. Paper II : Subject Paper
Based on the graduation, candidate has to appear for relevant subject papers. They have to choose from following subjects:
- Computer Science
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics
- Computational Linguistics
IIIT PGEE 2017 Courses
- PG Diploma
- Post BSc Programmes
- Research Programmes
IIIT PGEE 2017 Fees Details
- Applicants can apply for one or more programmes in the same form by indicating choices.
- The application fee is Rs. 1000/- for one programme and Rs. 50/- extra for each additional programme applied for.
- Application fee can be paid either through Credit Card or through Demand Draft.
- Credit Card – While filling-in the Main Registration form, the candidate can opt for Credit Card option follow the subsequent instruction.
- Demand Draft- While filling-in the Main Registration form, the candidate can opt for Demand Draft option. After submitting the Main Registration form.Demand Draft in favor of IIIT, Hyderabad for appropriate amount should be drawn.A candidate must write application number (received in the confirmation mail) along with the name on the reverse side of the demand draft and send the same to the Chairman, PG Admissions, IIIT, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-500032, Andhra Pradesh.
IIIT PGEE 2017 Extra Information
How To Apply ?
- All applications should be submitted online in PGEE portal To submit the application, a candidate has to complete two registration forms: Pre-Registration Form and Main Registration Form.
Filling of Pre-Registration Form
- After filling the Pre-Registration form, the candidate receives an E-Mail which contains the link and identification code. The link should be opened in a browser by supplying the identification code to fill in the Main Registration Form.
Filling of Main Registration Form
- The main registration form can only be filled by opening the link received through the E-Mail, after filling in the preceeding pre-registration form.
Important Notes :
- Note that the Registration WILL NOT be considered until the candidate completes the Main Registration Form. After filling in the Main Registration Form, the candidate gets an Acknowledgement E-Mail, which confirms that the registration is complete.
- The purpose of Pre-Pregistration Form is to Confirm the E-Mail address. So it is very important to give a valid E-Mail ID as it will be used for later communication.
- Note that the candidate can also update the information such as program details and center till their application has been finalized, by following the same link which has been received after filling in pre-registration form.
- Everytime you update or modify your information you will get an Updated Acknowledge Mail.
- Most important, please check the acknowledgement E-Mails in your “Bulk” or “Junk” folders, because sometimes the mails may go there.
- Application will be considered valid only after the Pre-Registration and Main-Registration form is completed, and the application fee is received by IIIT-H.
IIIT PGEE 2017 Syllabus
- Mechanics and General Properties of Matter
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Kinetic theory and Thermodynamics
- Modern Physics, Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics.
Physical Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Theory of Gases, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical and Phase Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics. Organic Chemistry: Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry and Stereochemistry,Aromaticity and Huckel’s rule,Heterocyclic Chemistry, Qualitative Organic Analysis.Inorganic Chemistry: Periodic Table, Chemical Bonding and Shapes of Compounds, Main Group Elements (s and p blocks), Transition Metals (d block), Analytical Chemistry. Biology & Bioinformatics Section.
General Biology, Biochemistry and Physiology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology.
Sequence Analysis, Sequence Alignments, Phylogeny, Gene Prediction, Structural Biology.
IIIT PGEE 2017 Dates
These are important dates for International Institute of Information Technology – Post Graduate Entrance Exam (IIIT PGEE) 2017
- Date of Entrance Examination: 19 April 2017 ( Sunday ) [ 10 AM to 1 PM ]
- Date of Opening PGEE Portal: Will Open on 10 Feb 2017
- Last Date for the Submission of Applications through the PGEE Portal :
- Last Date for the receipt of Application fee through online payment gateway :
- Admit Cards will be made available for download in PDF format : 11 April 2017
|Address||Chairman, PG Admissions, IIIT, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-500032, Andhra Pradesh.|
|Test Period||International Institute of Information Technology – Post Graduate Entrance Exam (IIIT-PGEE 2017) is generally held in Month of April|
Be the first to leave a review.