IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics (MS) Exam 2017. The JAM Mathematical Statistics 2017 online examination will be held on February as Computer Based Test (MS). For Application Form, Admission /Notification, Result, Admit Card, Please refer to IIT JAM 2017 Exam.
- 1 IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics Exam 2017
- 1.1 Exam Pattern
- 1.2 IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics MS Syllabus
- 1.3 IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics Eligibility
- 2 Old Question Papers
- 3 JAM Mathematical Statistics Books / Study Materials:
IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics Exam 2017
- This Mathematical Statistics test paper has a total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks. The entire question paper is dividedinto three sections, A, B and C. All sections are compulsory. Questions in each section are of different types.
Mathematical Statistics (MS) Section – A
- Section – A contains Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). Each MCQ type question has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer. This section has 30 Questions and carry a total of 50 marks. Q.1 – Q.10 carry 1 mark each and Questions Q.11 – Q.30 carry 2 marks each.
Mathematical Statistics (MS) Section – B
- Section – B contains Multiple Select Questions (MSQ). Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice(s) that are correct out of the four given choices. The candidate gets full credit if he/she selects all the correct choices only and no wrong choices. This section has 10 Questions and carry 2 marks each with a total of 20 marks.
Mathematical Statistics (MS) Section – C
- Section – C contains Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. For these NAT type questions, the answer is a real number which needs to be entered using the virtual numerical keypad on the monitor. No choices will be shown for these type of questions. This section has 20 Questions and carry a total of 30 marks. Q.1 – Q.10 carry 1 mark each and Questions Q.11 – Q.20 carry 2 marks each.
Mathematical Statistics (MS) Negative Marking
- Section – A (MCQ): wrong answer will result in NEGATIVE marks. For all 1 mark questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. For all 2 marks questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- In Section – B (MSQ), there is NO NEGATIVE and NO PARTIAL marking provisions. There is NO
NEGATIVE marking in Section – C (NAT) as well.
IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics MS Syllabus
The Mathematical Statistics (MS) test paper comprises of Mathematics (40% weightage) and Statistics (60% weightage).
- Sequences and Series: Convergence of sequences of real numbers, Comparison, root and ratio tests for convergence of series of real numbers.
- Differential Calculus: Limits, continuity and differentiability of functions of one and two variables. Rolle’s theorem, mean value theorems, Taylor’s theorem, indeterminate forms, maxima and minima of functions of one and two variables.
- Integral Calculus: Fundamental theorems of integral calculus. Double and triple integrals, applications of definite integrals, arc lengths, areas and volumes.
- Matrices: Rank, inverse of a matrix. Systems of linear equations. Linear transformations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors. Cayley-Hamilton theorem, symmetric, skew-symmetric and orthogonal matrices.
- Differential Equations: Ordinary differential equations of the first order of the form y’ = f(x,y). Linear differential equations of the second order with constant coefficients.
- Probability: Axiomatic definition of probability and properties, conditional probability, multiplication rule. Theorem of total probability. Bayes’ theorem and independence of events.
- Random Variables: Probability mass function, probability density function and cumulative distribution functions, distribution of a function of a random variable. Mathematical expectation, moments and moment generating function. Chebyshev’s inequality.
- Standard Distributions: Binomial, negative binomial, geometric, Poisson, hypergeometric, uniform, exponential, gamma, beta and normal distributions. Poisson and normal approximations of a binomial distribution.
- Joint Distributions: Joint, marginal and conditional distributions. Distribution of functions of random variables. Product moments, correlation, simple linear regression. Independence of random variables. Sampling distributions: Chi-square, t and F distributions, and their properties.
- Limit Theorems: Weak law of large numbers. Central limit theorem (i.i.d. with finite variance case only).
- Estimation: Unbiasedness, consistency and efficiency of estimators, method of moments and method of maximum likelihood. Sufficiency, factorization theorem. Completeness, Rao-Blackwell and Lehmann- Scheffe theorems, uniformly minimum variance unbiased estimators. Rao-Cramer inequality. Confidence intervals for the parameters of univariate normal, two independent normal, and one parameter exponential distributions.
- Testing of Hypotheses: Basic concepts, applications of Neyman-Pearson Lemma for testing simple and composite hypotheses. Likelihood ratio tests for parameters of univariate normal distribution.
IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics Eligibility
|Integrated Ph.D. in MathematicalSciences||IISc Bangalore||Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering with Mathematics as a subject for three years or six semesters.|
|M.Sc. Applied Statistics and Informatics||IITB||Bachelor’s degree with either Mathematics or Statistics as a subject for at least two years or four semesters.|
|M.Sc.- Ph.D. Dual Degree inOperations Research||IITB|
|M.Sc. Statistics||IITK||Bachelor’s degree with Statistics as a subject forat least two years or four semesters|
|Joint M.Sc.- Ph.D in Atmosphere andOcean Sciences||IITBBS||Bachelor’s degree with Mathamatics andPhysics and any one of these subjects amongChemistry, Computer Science, ComputerApplication, Geology and Statistics.|
Old Question Papers
JAM Mathematical Statistics Previous Year Question Papers
- You can also check GATE Mathematical Statistics previous year question papersHere you can find all of the IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics previous year question papers answers are free of cost students can download these papers for Science Entrance preparation. This Year on 2015 IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics written test was conducted , the paper is available with us. Any Candidates who has Last IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics 10 to 20 Years previous solution can share with us.
Solution / Answer Keys
N/F Means “NOT FOUND”
IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics Model Papers 2017:
- JbigDeaL provides Sample Question Papers with answers for 2017 for IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics (MS) Test Exam 2017 along with a question bank. Some of the question may be from out of syllabus. This sample papers doesn’t means to actual paper. Its just for better preparation and test you knowledge in IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics related exams.
IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics Mock Test:
- IIT JAM MCQ Mathematical Statistics Questions Answers for Science Test. This mock test having 25 question each, with four choices. On each click on answers system will tell you where the answers is correct or incorrect. There many online practice set of IIT JAM MS question answers quiz.
- START Online Mock Test
JAM Mathematical Statistics Books / Study Materials:
- There are so many books for IIT JAM Mathematical Statistics (MS) 2017 exam preparation, but i must say you should have latest two types of book one for JAM Mathematical Statistics Last 10 or 20 years question with solution and another book is for Mathematical Statistics 2017 syllabus wise subjects description and solution. We have found some best books in online you can check below.
IIT JAM MS 2017 Books
IIT JAM MS 2017 Study Materials